Air Max 90 Laser Blue Cracking/Chipping?

Hey guys, i bought some laser blue 90's a few weeks ago and the midsoles are already starting to crack and the paint is chipping aswell. I started to notice this after only one or two wears, and I was just wondering if anybody else had this problem with recent 90's releases? Also, do you think its possible that if i send them back to Nike i could get a new pair or is this just normal with 90's right now? Sorry for the poor quality iPhone pics, hope they can help explain what im talking about.

Thanks, Matt

Hey guys, i bought some laser blue 90's a few weeks ago and the midsoles are already starting to crack and the paint is chipping aswell. I started to notice this after only one or two wears, and I was just wondering if anybody else had this problem with recent 90's releases? Also, do you think its possible that if i send them back to Nike i could get a new pair or is this just normal with 90's right now? Sorry for the poor quality iPhone pics, hope they can help explain what im talking about.

Thanks, Matt

This is very common (and expected) with 90's. You can paint them with angelus (sp) paint, or you can send them back to nike for a voucher.

This is very common (and expected) with 90's. You can paint them with angelus (sp) paint, or you can send them back to nike for a voucher.

Unfortunately almost all 90's do this. I'm not sure if Nike gives vouchers for cosmetic flaws, but it's worth a shot.

Unfortunately almost all 90's do this. I'm not sure if Nike gives vouchers for cosmetic flaws, but it's worth a shot.

Yea i might try it out(angelus or Nike), there starting to actually crack around the air unit too so that might help my chances for a voucher. I work at FNL and used a promotion coupon thing to buy them so is this going to make a difference if i try and send them back?

Yea i might try it out(angelus or Nike), there starting to actually crack around the air unit too so that might help my chances for a voucher. I work at FNL and used a promotion coupon thing to buy them so is this going to make a difference if i try and send them back?

Originally Posted by MRB23

Nope, not at all. They'll give you a voucher for retail + tax. And they do accept cosmetic defects as voucher worthy.

Originally Posted by MRB23

Nope, not at all. They'll give you a voucher for retail + tax. And they do accept cosmetic defects as voucher worthy.

thanks for reminding me why i dont bang with 90 retros....

luckily my hoh infrareds never cracked on me

thanks for reminding me why i dont bang with 90 retros....

luckily my hoh infrareds never cracked on me

That's totally inexcusable.

You can tell by the "wear" of the shoe that those haven't been worn that many times.

Ship them joints back.

That's totally inexcusable.

You can tell by the "wear" of the shoe that those haven't been worn that many times.

Ship them joints back.

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

YEP, same thing on mine. Recent releases of AM90's suck IMO -

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

YEP, same thing on mine. Recent releases of AM90's suck IMO -

I never knew nike would give vouchers for cosmetic defects. If anyone has ever shipped back for this reason, please share. I would gladly do this soon.

Be careful if u ship them back though, i did it once and they lost my package. I got a voucher for outlet value too, but i also purchased from an outlet. Also, start a paper trail with an e-mail and SAVE EVERYTHING. here are instructions for sending stuff back. I don't want anyone to get shafted. Good Luck

http://www.nikebiz.com/cu...guidelines/footwear.html

I never knew nike would give vouchers for cosmetic defects. If anyone has ever shipped back for this reason, please share. I would gladly do this soon.

Be careful if u ship them back though, i did it once and they lost my package. I got a voucher for outlet value too, but i also purchased from an outlet. Also, start a paper trail with an e-mail and SAVE EVERYTHING. here are instructions for sending stuff back. I don't want anyone to get shafted. Good Luck

http://www.nikebiz.com/cu...guidelines/footwear.html

glad to help. not a noob either, just dumb and couldnt file my application correctly. damn yuku always messin up with my work proxy.

glad to help. not a noob either, just dumb and couldnt file my application correctly. damn yuku always messin up with my work proxy.

the paint chipping denotes authenticity lol

thats been the norm for am 90's

but it doesnt' mean you can't return it back to nike, happened to me before with my id90's and i got a full refund after sending it back

the paint chipping denotes authenticity lol

thats been the norm for am 90's

but it doesnt' mean you can't return it back to nike, happened to me before with my id90's and i got a full refund after sending it back

Back
Top Bottom