Air Max Jr. (Griffey) ~ 2011

The retail price tag, the posted pic with white socks and finally seeing them in store confirmed them as a no buy for me. Mildly dissapointed.

Still looking forward to that black pair with the white swoosh and the all reds though.

The retail price tag, the posted pic with white socks and finally seeing them in store confirmed them as a no buy for me. Mildly dissapointed.

Still looking forward to that black pair with the white swoosh and the all reds though.

For what they are these are the best on the market. Unfortunately what they are is a $160 casual shoe. Once a cross trainer it has been "upgraded" with air max 360 bubble as seen in the 2009,10, 11 etc. The addition of this bubble means the shoe is no longer a cross trainer as it is too high off the ground for quick cuts and people would be prone to rolling over on these and injuring feet and ankles. However it is neither a runner as it is kind of big and bulky and a high top, not qualities of good running shoes. Basically this is a $160 casual shoe, competing with the likes of air force ones and other casual shoes usually half the price of these JR's. Me personally, the Griffey air max 1 and the air max 2009 are two of my all time favorite shoes, so combining them into 1 was a match made in heaven for me, but I could see how some would be turned off by the $160 price tag on which is essentially a casual shoe. There are much better running shoes and trainers on the market than these, and I don't think you can call them either, these are by definition casual. Better technology doesn't always mean better shoe, and I think this is an example, even though I love the shoe for what it is "Casual."

For what they are these are the best on the market. Unfortunately what they are is a $160 casual shoe. Once a cross trainer it has been "upgraded" with air max 360 bubble as seen in the 2009,10, 11 etc. The addition of this bubble means the shoe is no longer a cross trainer as it is too high off the ground for quick cuts and people would be prone to rolling over on these and injuring feet and ankles. However it is neither a runner as it is kind of big and bulky and a high top, not qualities of good running shoes. Basically this is a $160 casual shoe, competing with the likes of air force ones and other casual shoes usually half the price of these JR's. Me personally, the Griffey air max 1 and the air max 2009 are two of my all time favorite shoes, so combining them into 1 was a match made in heaven for me, but I could see how some would be turned off by the $160 price tag on which is essentially a casual shoe. There are much better running shoes and trainers on the market than these, and I don't think you can call them either, these are by definition casual. Better technology doesn't always mean better shoe, and I think this is an example, even though I love the shoe for what it is "Casual."

Most comfortable shoe I own, hands down. And I'm not sure why people hate the bubble. It's not that much higher than the original midsole/sole.

As far as looks, the bubble is beautiful. It doesn't have the wavy line of the original midsole, but when light hits it, it glistens and almost seems to glow.
Some dude even thought I was wearing "light up" shoes
laugh.gif
grin.gif
when I was outside and the sun caught it.

It's funny that you called it a casual shoe, my wife calls it a boot and that's kind of how I look at them. It's a sporty looking boot in my opinion, somewhere
between a classic Air Force 1 High and a NIKE Goadome. If NIKE made these in leather with some fall/winter colors I'd be first in line.

Most comfortable shoe I own, hands down. And I'm not sure why people hate the bubble. It's not that much higher than the original midsole/sole.

As far as looks, the bubble is beautiful. It doesn't have the wavy line of the original midsole, but when light hits it, it glistens and almost seems to glow.
Some dude even thought I was wearing "light up" shoes
laugh.gif
grin.gif
when I was outside and the sun caught it.

It's funny that you called it a casual shoe, my wife calls it a boot and that's kind of how I look at them. It's a sporty looking boot in my opinion, somewhere
between a classic Air Force 1 High and a NIKE Goadome. If NIKE made these in leather with some fall/winter colors I'd be first in line.

I agree its one of the most comfortable shoes I own, and I love the bubble, I just don't think anything this high off the ground can be considered a "trainer". Elite trainers usually have low to the ground tech like zoom air, not even max air (like the orig grifs, even the og's were a lil to high off the ground imo )never mind 360 tech. I agree to me its a AF1 high meets a boot, it looks sporty but its sports value is limited to a gym shoe. I would never train making cuts, running routes in these shoes. Would never think of it, not even running bases. I love the look of the bubble , like I mentioned 2009's are one of my fall time favs, and Griffey air max 1 are one of my all time favs, so too me these were a match made in heaven and very appreciated. I feel like I called up nike myself and had them make these, they stole this idea out of my head, and me and nike never think along the same lines.

I agree its one of the most comfortable shoes I own, and I love the bubble, I just don't think anything this high off the ground can be considered a "trainer". Elite trainers usually have low to the ground tech like zoom air, not even max air (like the orig grifs, even the og's were a lil to high off the ground imo )never mind 360 tech. I agree to me its a AF1 high meets a boot, it looks sporty but its sports value is limited to a gym shoe. I would never train making cuts, running routes in these shoes. Would never think of it, not even running bases. I love the look of the bubble , like I mentioned 2009's are one of my fall time favs, and Griffey air max 1 are one of my all time favs, so too me these were a match made in heaven and very appreciated. I feel like I called up nike myself and had them make these, they stole this idea out of my head, and me and nike never think along the same lines.

still amazes me how many "sneakerheads" still cant figure this out

- if it comes in a BROWN NIKE sportwear box - its a casual/lifestyle shoe, its not meant to be a performance shoe; its designed/handled by NIKE's sportwear division aka the lifestyle arm of the company; if it is a retro, it might once been a performance shoe, but in its current release, either the tech is now too outdated compared to current tech to be considered competitive or it has been "redesigned" with lower grade materials for cost cuttin g purposes

-if it comes in an ORANGE NIKE box its part of NIKE's general performance divisions - these are designed with the most up to date tech for performance use

- if it comes in a BROWN NIKE sportwear box - its a casual/lifestyle shoe, its not meant to be a performance shoe; its designed/handled by NIKE's sportwear division aka the lifestyle arm of the company; if it is a retro, it might once been a performance shoe, but in its current release, either the tech is now too outdated compared to current tech to be considered competitive or it has been "redesigned" with lower grade materials for cost cuttin g purposes

-if it comes in an ORANGE NIKE box its part of NIKE's general performance divisions - these are designed with the most up to date tech for performance use

Originally Posted by cjb23

You aren't educating me pal, I don't buy any current releases I only buy NSW nike retro. I don't buy any of their current $!#% accept for a pair of Kobes or Lebrons every year for ball. I only buy retro and casual sneakers. If you reread what I wrote all i said is I could see how other people wouldn't want to spend 160 on a casual shoe, but I love both air max 09's and Griffey's so for me dropping 160 on a casual shoe wasn't a big deal. Having said that when casual shoes are usually $80 (af1)- to 95  (air max 90's) I could understand how a lot of people were turned off by the price tag. I didn't buy the shoe and the later realize it wasn't meant for sports, I still haven't even worn it yet, I was just playing devil's advocate. Learn how to read before complaining next time PAL.

Originally Posted by cjb23

You aren't educating me pal, I don't buy any current releases I only buy NSW nike retro. I don't buy any of their current $!#% accept for a pair of Kobes or Lebrons every year for ball. I only buy retro and casual sneakers. If you reread what I wrote all i said is I could see how other people wouldn't want to spend 160 on a casual shoe, but I love both air max 09's and Griffey's so for me dropping 160 on a casual shoe wasn't a big deal. Having said that when casual shoes are usually $80 (af1)- to 95  (air max 90's) I could understand how a lot of people were turned off by the price tag. I didn't buy the shoe and the later realize it wasn't meant for sports, I still haven't even worn it yet, I was just playing devil's advocate. Learn how to read before complaining next time PAL.

Originally Posted by joeyb24

does the air max create a major difference in comfort?

As opposed to what other technology? Air max vs Air max 360? I prerfer 360. I think New balance absorb is better than either though. I love zoom air but more for it's benefit of being low to the ground for sports where making cuts is imperative (football, basketball) for plain old walking zoom air isn't anything special.

Originally Posted by joeyb24

does the air max create a major difference in comfort?

As opposed to what other technology? Air max vs Air max 360? I prerfer 360. I think New balance absorb is better than either though. I love zoom air but more for it's benefit of being low to the ground for sports where making cuts is imperative (football, basketball) for plain old walking zoom air isn't anything special.

Anyone know where to find the grey and purple jawns? Haven't been able to find em anywhere, any help is greatly appreciated thanks in advance.

Anyone know where to find the grey and purple jawns? Haven't been able to find em anywhere, any help is greatly appreciated thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom