Air Max Lebron 7 v. Lebron 7 PS for a Center/PF type player?

Hey Guys, first time poster.

I've been an adamant fan of my airforce25s for a very long time, going through a number of them.  I've decided to try something new this time around.  I play a Center/PF type game, posting and short jump shots.  I narrowed my decision to either the Airmax Lebron 7 or the Lebron 7 PS.  I wanted to know what would be best for this type of play?  I am concerned with ankle support and traction.  I feel like the AM Lebron 7s have better ankle support, but I question the tread on it, for some reason it doesn't seem as good as I would like.  I really like the Lebron 7 PS, but I noticed its a very low cut shoe and I am worried about the ankle support; however, the treading on the shoe is excellent.  Also, I have never worn Air Max before so I don't know what that will be like, I understand there is some breaking in time required.  if you can advise, that would be great.  Thank you NT.

pimp.gif

If you told us your size it would be easier to help you.

The Air Max version of the LBJ VII is cut higher than the Post season but I would say it has better ankle support because the sole of the shoe is so hard and high off the ground, you make find your ankles rolling.  The Air Max 360 is very hard on the first few wearings but eventually after multiple wearings it becomes comfortable.

The Postseason version of the LBJ VII is cut lower than the Air Max version of the LBJ VII but its not where close to a low top, its just that ankle collar is mire articulated around your ankle. The Post season also is lower to the ground but it has a large Zoom Air bag in the heel so you feel like you have cushion too. The Post Season also has an outrigger which is supposed to help with lateral stability where the Air Max version does not.

Basically for me, I like the LBJ Postseason better than the Air Max version for actual playing Basketball. The Air Max version is better looking though.

thank you for your reply. I am 6'2, 210lbs, but I play center/pf because most of the people I play with are small guards...and I have no ball handling skills hahaha. my foot size is 11. Is being a high off the ground a very bad thing? How do you like the traction on the AM Lebron 7? and lastly, what is your personal feeling on air max technology? Thank you, I am a newb when it comes to shoes, and actually, this is my first time I am really researching the shoe.

Why would you want be high off the ground while playing Basketball? You want to have a nice balance between responsiveness(feeling the ground) and cushioning.

I have the Black/White/Gold and the traction is good but I heard the colorways with a translucent sole don't have the greatest traction.

I have the AF25, I liked the cushioning on them ( It was a combo of Zoom on top of Air Max)but they feel too clunky for me. If you like them then maybe you may like the Air Max version.

Air Max technology is cool but in this shoe, it feels hard before it eventually feels comfortbale.

What are other shoes have you liked besides the AF25?

i wore kobe 1s a while ago, they were very nice to play in, as in they were responsive and light...almost like a performance race tire; however, i noticed that they weren't very durable. I then moved on to AF25s for about 4 consecutive pairs. I thought they were great shoes, cushioning was much better than the kobe 1s and i liked the ankle support for my needs; however, they weren't breathable and were very clunky. I'm more power than I am speed.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Basically for me, I like the LBJ Postseason better than the Air Max version for actual playing Basketball. The Air Max version is better looking though.

this.

i wore the air max 7 this past season. i play pf but a few inches taller than you. i beat the crap out of my shoes this season and they held up. i love the way they feel, the cushioning is great and the traction is excellent. the ankle support is great, im prone to turning my ankles and didnt do that once this season. im still wearing them and plan to buy another pair soon.

i wore the air max 7 this past season. i play pf but a few inches taller than you. i beat the crap out of my shoes this season and they held up. i love the way they feel, the cushioning is great and the traction is excellent. the ankle support is great, im prone to turning my ankles and didnt do that once this season. im still wearing them and plan to buy another pair soon.

Originally Posted by youngkyun739

Hey Guys, first time poster.

I've been an adamant fan of my airforce25s for a very long time, going through a number of them.  I've decided to try something new this time around.  I play a Center/PF type game, posting and short jump shots.  I narrowed my decision to either the Airmax Lebron 7 or the Lebron 7 PS.  I wanted to know what would be best for this type of play?  I am concerned with ankle support and traction.  I feel like the AM Lebron 7s have better ankle support, but I question the tread on it, for some reason it doesn't seem as good as I would like.  I really like the Lebron 7 PS, but I noticed its a very low cut shoe and I am worried about the ankle support; however, the treading on the shoe is excellent.  Also, I have never worn Air Max before so I don't know what that will be like, I understand there is some breaking in time required.  if you can advise, that would be great.  Thank you NT.

pimp.gif

A month later, but for what its worth.

You have worn Air Max. The heel unit in the AF25 is an Air Max unit.

Cushioning wise, it's full-length zoom over heel Air Max on the AF25 VS the 'new improved' 360 bag on the VII

I found the ride on the Air Max VII a little hard, it's also feels a little higher off the ground than the AF25, and i don't think it has the same level of support either.

The PSVII is obviously well cushioned but for a heel/forefoot zoom shoe, it also feels pretty high off the ground at the forefoot.

I've also found the Af25 to be almost indestructable.

Yeah, the Af25 isn't as 'cool' as the other two. It tanked at retail, but if it were me... i think i'd just buy another pair of AF25s

Back
Top Bottom