Air Max Scorpion (2022)

On SNKRS: $250

570E315A-3B0C-4E13-8D48-1E659C20F1FB.jpeg

250 is disgusting tbh. Give me more than a recycled upper for that ticket price.

Smh, not happy but still in.

Better yet, recycle this for the Scorpion 2 for 250 as well.

5F52456A-4593-44F4-B46E-979288EC975D.jpeg

“Take my money” all in

$250?!?!?! Yeah im out. Especially on this initial cw.

Nike is frikkin trippin on these shoe prices lately. You tryna tell me that a shoe made of/from recycled material costs MORE THAN synthetic or something? You want me to pay more AND line corporate pockets to “help the environment”? Gthffoh (get the holy eff eff outta here). No thanks

I see ALNotSure ALNotSure buying these day 1. Dude has most VM cws & is ballin lol

Hahah.. i think $250’ is absolutely insane. That Next% pricing. That ain’t even some special collab release. And why SNKRS?

I’ll see about a pair but i doubt i keep. I have many next%./vapor fly etc but all on sale. It’s worth it then.

Honestly at $250 might as well just skip Nike and jump to designer…

Thats another question ALNotSure ALNotSure …why SNKRS? Unless nike doesn’t want people getting discounts on these (ie student or military).

Unless they come out with a hella fire cw that i cant live w/o, I’ll pass on this model. I’m not an outlet shopper so i doubt I’d find these at my local outlets in my size. Fwiw, i have 2 outlets within a 30 minute drive & i still dont go because of the traffic & parking nightmares

As I said in the VM thread...
I've been Nike since day 1. I'll be 50 in a few weeks. So I've been wearing Nike for literally decades. Friggin gosh darn though - $250 for what should be a GR. That's a bit daunting. As SolesNGoals99 said in another post paying more for recycled material doesn't exactly make sense. I think they claim there are more steps to use recycled material - OK, that makes sense actually - so it costs more in the end but again, reusing stuff and it costing more seems ironic though. Plus aren't these a non-performance model? I thought they've been marketed as or at least been mentioned as being a lifestyle shoe? $250 for a lifestyle shoe when Nike's performance models cost the same or close to that price point. Seriously? Ouch.

Is there a thin line with lifestyle/performance/athletics? I’m always athlete first but remember when the AM 360s came out in like 05ish. Super disappointed and looked at AM as a casual shoe since.

I like to buy performance shoes first. VaporMax was an exception. In my experience most of the best tech is usually in performance shoes initially. I gravitate towards that. Seems kinda funny to see all of that time and R&D put into the VM and now the Scorpion for them to be expensive lifestyle shoes. Don't get me wrong there are reasons for lifestyle shoes to be pricey. There are plenty of them out there. I know this gets old hearing, but... "back in the day" as most of us know, Nike put all the R&D and best innovative tech into performance and then as better tech was introduced it went into lifestyle. Kinda crazy what you see being sold as lifestyle that was considered elite tech from years back. Like most of the retros you see popping up year after year. The Barkley 180s was a high end shoe and one of my all time favorites. Now it's been a lifestyle retro. AM was top tier stuff at one point. Still was kinda recently for some basketball shoes but when it came to running shoes AM and even VM is considered casual. So $250 for new tech and it not being performance is tough to understand.

IMO, The AM line became a casual shoe between 2010-2012. They were marketed as a running/performance shoe but they were very much mostly used for casual use. Then nike started releasing more performance based shoes like the vomeros/romeros, pegasus were getting promoted, things like that

Yeah, I remember the VaporMax being intended as a running shoe and it definitely had potential after the success of the first one, but it just went sideways from there on out, which is fairly disappointing. I ran in the VaporMaxes and even though it wasn't the best running shoe, it was actually a solid pair of shoes to run in. Then again, this was right before the "superfoam" era began since Boost became such a strong standard.

Yeah, I remember the VaporMax being intended as a running shoe and it definitely had potential after the success of the first one, but it just went sideways from there on out, which is fairly disappointing. I ran in the VaporMaxes and even though it wasn't the best running shoe, it was actually a solid pair of shoes to run in. Then again, this was right before the "superfoam" era began since Boost became such a strong standard.
I haven't tried any shoes that just use foam or the new foams, so I'm not judging when I say this but it just sounds cheap. LOL. Foam. I know some of the best shoes utilize it and there's a reason. It works and performs. I'm older so I just associate foam with less expensive. I definitely want to try it though.

I haven't tried any shoes that just use foam or the new foams, so I'm not judging when I say this but it just sounds cheap. LOL. Foam. I know some of the best shoes utilize it and there's a reason. It works and performs. I'm older so I just associate foam with less expensive. I definitely want to try it though.

Totally understandable. Definitely worth at least a try-on at a store if you ever get the chance.

I was partial against foams for a bit, too, and that's really because of two things: Zoom Air vs. Lunarlon. From 2004 to 2018, a LOT of my shoes had some sort of Zoom Air and I love every bit of it. On the flip side, Lunar foam (now called Renew) was the worst foam for me functionally. Every Lunar shoe I had led to pain or injuries performance-wise; the only shoe that got a pass were the Lunar Flyknit Chukkas and Flyknit Lunar 1s, and that's only because I wore them casually.

Had such strong doubts until one day I just gave Nike React a try in the Epic React Flyknits and it took a few wears to convince me that foam was finally doing good for once.

I like to buy performance shoes first. VaporMax was an exception. In my experience most of the best tech is usually in performance shoes initially. I gravitate towards that. Seems kinda funny to see all of that time and R&D put into the VM and now the Scorpion for them to be expensive lifestyle shoes. Don't get me wrong there are reasons for lifestyle shoes to be pricey. There are plenty of them out there. I know this gets old hearing, but... "back in the day" as most of us know, Nike put all the R&D and best innovative tech into performance and then as better tech was introduced it went into lifestyle. Kinda crazy what you see being sold as lifestyle that was considered elite tech from years back. Like most of the retros you see popping up year after year. The Barkley 180s was a high end shoe and one of my all time favorites. Now it's been a lifestyle retro. AM was top tier stuff at one point. Still was kinda recently for some basketball shoes but when it came to running shoes AM and even VM is considered casual. So $250 for new tech and it not being performance is tough to understand.
Nikes marketing a “taller” lifestyle lol.
You right. I couldn’t sacrifice my Vapormaxes knowing damn well the air units we’re going to pop with the amount of working out I do.

Back
Top Bottom