Air Penny 2 RD & Pics: 9/27/08 White/Royal/Black, 11/08, & 01/09

If I can't find these at a deep discount, I don't want em.

They alter these shoes on purpose, so they can "fix" them a year or two later and double down on profits.
Totally no shots here, and I'm not arguing about them altering but what examples are you thinking of where they came back and corrected? I could be spacing.

i.e. we still never got 3M on the last run of 13s that would have had it, and no suede midsole on any of the last one (other than cp3 pe)

Jordan Brand is under Nike and there's a strategy they've been using for a few years now to rerelease shoes with swooshes and Nike Air 3 or 4 years after releasing with a jumpman logo. It's a buyers remorse driven hype. I, as I'm sure others went straight to ebay looking for 09 Atlantics after seeing these photos because that extra 1 cent logo is a eye sore.

Materials are a wash, the no 3M and soles don't even bother me, that 1 cent logo in place of the swoosh is what I can't get over.

Last edited:
Jordan Brand is under Nike and there's a strategy they've been using for a few years now to rerelease shoes with swooshes and Nike Air 3 or 4 years after releasing with a jumpman logo. It's a buyers remorse driven hype. I, as I'm sure others went straight to ebay looking for 09 Atlantics after seeing these photos because that extra 1 cent logo is a eye sore.

Materials are a wash, the no 3M and soles don't even bother me, that 1 cent logo in place of the swoosh is what I can't get over.
The NA thing....... That comes with the price increase too haha

honestly im in the minority on this debate cuz i wouldnt have noticed unless someone pointed the 1cent logo switch out to me. im not THAT into details, just quality and shape get me oh and added jumpmen where there was never a branding before

That extra 1 cent logo made me pass on these.

But we get a Nike Swoosh on the Sole Collector one coming out? C'mon, Nike is trolling us for real.

No swoosh, no 3m, and a different color? thank you Nike, glad i didn't sell my 09s. Will be copping these on a deep discount.

Last edited:
So I just seen this pic on ************* and it does have 3m?

the faulantics are which colorway? is it the royal/ black or the white /blk colorway with the penny logo instead of the nike check.

I read on a shoe group on fb that Nike is releasing these this week, not sure how reliable that is but I hope its true. Even though I would rather have the non PE version, with the og materials. Not that often that I fuss about details but this shoe looks like a fake compared to the Atlantics 

Despite the fact that we are getting a 'PE' 1Cent instead of the Swoosh, which i would prefer it doesn't make up for the color difference and the non translucent sole. If I can't find an 09 pair and these are on steep discount I may consider copping. I foresee these selling and having the same popularity as the Pippen 1's.

don't mind the logo, but material gets to me. they just don't look right without the fuzzy suede look.

I read on a shoe group on fb that Nike is releasing these this week, not sure how reliable that is but I hope its true. Even though I would rather have the non PE version, with the og materials. Not that often that I fuss about details but this shoe looks like a fake compared to the Atlantics 

Nike releases today according to their Twitter reply to someone yesterday.

After seeing the way the way they messed up the Atlantics im hoping they dont mess up the OG Black, white & blue pair. Those are my favorite Pennys ever & im still waiting for them SC 2s. Theyre beautiful lol

Back
Top Bottom