Air Tech Challenge II and Tech Low Retro EDIT*pic* 9/29 uhoh

Originally Posted by sneakermane

thanks for those pics sneakermane. i wish they released the ATC III retro like the OG.

Trust me when I tell you, any Agassi retroed right...I'm on it!!! Especially the ATC3!!!
i feel you, lol. nike messed up BIG TIME last year with the ATC3.

hell yeah, ty, info on that atc fitted is needed.

pimp.gif

still have to get the shoes, though.

Yep, hyped in 757 too. Had to cop my pairs in a 10 instead of 9.5 Hope to scoop some at finishline on a military discount. Glad I got off my @+* today, theyare almost sold out around here.

Originally Posted by donjuan513

The hype also stemmed from no actual photos of the samples being seen beforehand also. Nike did a great job of keeping these hush hush until the release. A not so good looking sample without the splatter surfaced way back in August fueling the buzz. I could have been big headed and photographed my samples but I chose abide by Nike's request and not show them. I think I had probably 30 emails I posted this pic in the WDYWT in early November.
2qntwky.jpg

Next up, Nike Air Penny II (blk, October wht, November)
These will give the Tech Challanege II a run for there $ as the best retro of the year.
smokin.gif
I love the Penny II, as it is my Favorite all time Non Jordan Basketball Shoe, and if this was still the Pre 2004 days I would have agreed with youthat the Penny II would have given the TC II a run for the money for the best retro of the year. However, unless Nike somehow miraculously matches the sizeof the old air bubble with their New Air Units, and does not look akward like the Penny I and IV recent retros, then I cant see myself purchasing the shoes. The Big Air Bubble on the Penny II is just as important as the hot lava speckles on the ATC II. I think the ATC II along with the Zoom Flight 95 will holdthe top shoes of 2008. The ATC II air bubble looks just like the original, as did the ATC III of last year.

El Bro wrote:

I love the Penny II. However, unless Nike somehow miraculously matches the size of the old air bubble with their New Air Units, and does not look akward like the Penny I and IV recent retros, then I cant see myself purchasing the shoes. The Big Air Bubble on the Penny II is just as important as the hot lava speckles on the ATC II.

ok i really want a pair, i mean where in nyc are they already, anybody willing to sell a sz 11 for retai or a bit over? i really want a pair

I'm still a bit confused...are most footlockers and finish line getting these if the stores ordered them? I understand some might not have after the IIIssold like *%%%.

Originally Posted by ChampionHood

5f615be144451b16de81b4f002ccd2d3f6b9a2b.pjpg

when is that shirt gonna retro?

Somehow, Nike did remake it for Blake a couple years ago; however, I'm glad I still have the original!

And somewhat off subject, I just saw that Head "retroed" Agassi's black/yellow Radical Trisys in a limited edition series. It's probablybeen out for a while, since I saw numbers in the 4 and 5 thousands. And I also still have that original .... after I broke my first one. My favorite racquetever, even though his early Donnays are pretty awesome.

Back on subject, anyone know if any Sheik is getting the ATC IIs?

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Originally Posted by phreakposite

So when are they going to retro the Air Challenge Future that I need? That had everything but the loud colors - huarache upper, with innerbootie, velcro strap, visible air. They've been killing the Air Flare, but they haven't given any consideration to the first iteration of that sole design, which is among my favorite Agassis. I've never found a new 10.5, even when I bought them in 1994.

Oh, wait, they had the newer flaming ball logo, so just like the ATC III, it won't be like the original, and that probably also means that the Tennis Sucks campaign from 1995 won't retro either. That polo that went with my LWPs was the 2nd best shirt ever.

laugh.gif
you remember the Tennis Sucks campaign as well? that was with the LWP line with the bold horizontal stripe polo... the copper/white as well as white/black c/w was nice (95 US Open)... I still have my skull-and-cross racquets cap stored somewhere... classic

I had the white/copper shirt, but it got too badly stained at a party; too bad, since recently I saw a couple of them go for $80-100 on ebay brand new.

And if you have that Tennis Sucks cap, I WANT IT. I lost mine at Six-Flags in '96. Would you ever let that go?

I just checked my checking account online and the charge from eastbay is gone and I have an extra ~$170 on my balance. My order on the eastbay website islisted as fully shipped though. Weird.

Originally Posted by derekdru

I just checked my checking account online and the charge from eastbay is gone and I have an extra ~$170 on my balance. My order on the eastbay website is listed as fully shipped though. Weird.

it does that sometimes...my money is still gone...but it happens nothing to worry about ur payment is most likely gonna clear tomorrow.

Originally Posted by phreakposite

Somehow, Nike did remake it for Blake a couple years ago; however, I'm glad I still have the original!

And somewhat off subject, I just saw that Head "retroed" Agassi's black/yellow Radical Trisys in a limited edition series. It's probably been out for a while, since I saw numbers in the 4 and 5 thousands. And I also still have that original .... after I broke my first one. My favorite racquet ever, even though his early Donnays are pretty awesome.

yes, it was 'retroed' for Blake at the 2006 US Open... he only wore that outfit for one round as a tribute to the great man... the outfit includedthe shirt (though it was slightly different than the original in that the lava bars were slightly wider), black denim shorts with the lava spandex shorts and apair of lava Zoom Vapor III's (I think they were III's)... that shirt, however, was never released to the public...

Blake's Agassi tribute in 2006
75873121.jpg
71769905.jpg

and yeah, Head offered a 'limited edition' Radical Trisys 2 years ago as a tribute to Agassi... the racquet listed all his grand slams won with a Headracquet... incidentally, they didn't list his Wimbledon 92 title because he was still with Donnay at that time... however, the racquet really didn't dothat well in terms of sales... they can be found at TennisWarehouse for a discounted $90...

As for the Donnay Pro-One (one of my all time favs), its been retroed as well by Donnay and being sold exclusively at TW... $180 for 2 racquets... a fantasticdeal IMO... plays similar to the OG Pro-One as well...

Sorry for going off-topic...

Agassi with the Pro-One in 1991-1992
78957589.jpg
1228842.jpg

finally copped..ive been checkin eastbay out everyday since the release..and today there up wit ma lucky 15..copped without even thinkin..sooooo happy!..ifyour a owner already welcome ya boy 2 the club!

wow these are getting alot on ebay. theres some pretty stupid people in this world seeing as these havent hit most places yet. patience is a virtue. i alreadygot my 3 pair with an employee discount tho

Originally Posted by El Bro

Originally Posted by donjuan513

The hype also stemmed from no actual photos of the samples being seen beforehand also. Nike did a great job of keeping these hush hush until the release. A not so good looking sample without the splatter surfaced way back in August fueling the buzz. I could have been big headed and photographed my samples but I chose abide by Nike's request and not show them. I think I had probably 30 emails I posted this pic in the WDYWT in early November.

Next up, Nike Air Penny II (blk, October wht, November)
These will give the Tech Challanege II a run for there $ as the best retro of the year.
smokin.gif
I love the Penny II, as it is my Favorite all time Non Jordan Basketball Shoe, and if this was still the Pre 2004 days I would have agreed with you that the Penny II would have given the TC II a run for the money for the best retro of the year. However, unless Nike somehow miraculously matches the size of the old air bubble with their New Air Units, and does not look akward like the Penny I and IV recent retros, then I cant see myself purchasing the shoes. The Big Air Bubble on the Penny II is just as important as the hot lava speckles on the ATC II. I think the ATC II along with the Zoom Flight 95 will hold the top shoes of 2008. The ATC II air bubble looks just like the original, as did the ATC III of last year.

I've seen, held, and tried on the Penny II's already. The retro's look great, definitely good to go.

Surprisingly the Flight 95s are still on a host of store shelves, mines included.

Wow. I should be getting two pair of my CORRECT size on wed. If anyone ends up needing any size 10's PM me. DTLR only does store credit, and I dont copmuch there anymore so I would rather hook someone who needs em up. Peace
D

^JustintimeX21, where did you cop that tee from? Please don't say a local Nike outlet
mad.gif
'cause I'm holding out hope they release in retail stores.

Has anyone made it past this status?

Est. in Home 04/05/2008
Date Time Description Location
March 29, 2008 7:30 AM Sortation Center Departure NEW BERLIN, WI
March 28, 2008 7:18 PM Sortation Center Arrival NEW BERLIN, WI
March 28, 2008 7:18 PM Pickup WAUSAU, WI

* indicates data from USPS

I am a little worried because the eastbay charge on my account is now gone and the money is back in my account,

Back
Top Bottom