AIR TRAINER III's set to release for 2009: 7 colorways (updated 4/06/09)

These win over Atlantic Penny's for me. Actually, these and SC trainers are the reason I'm not copping Atlantic Penny's or anything else for therest of the summer/fall.

Originally Posted by RyeNO

My fave nike's to rock although I'm not too crazy about the quality on this latest round of retros. Be sure you check ebay for some deals on these though; scooped up the pair WallyHopp pictured for a great price.

Indeed. I'll pay retail for one pair but you can almost expect any of the Trainers to go on sale & be avail. for less than retail.

And yes, the midsoles on III's is the worst...yet I'll still grab @ least one pr
tired.gif
...probably two.

I think the Medicine Balls are out now.

interesting... I guess i might have to wait for more photos.. each set I see it comes in with a different color.

I'm in a unique situation with one already beatup 2000 atIII med. ball that is holding up strong. I don't think todays atIIIs are built to thosestandards especially the leather. It leaves me wondering if I should even take the bait on the pair. My pair had massive paint chipping, but with alittlesanding, and a cheap paint job, I got them going stronger than any NIKE paintjob today... Can I do that again after these chip within 3 wears? is it even worthmy time, let alone $110 bucks? Likely, ill need to look around for a discount
wink.gif

^^^lol. Yeah, I know, I wore mine to death and kinda beat em up and then I just cleaned up and put some new laces in and they still looked fresh. I doubt theleather on these will be that good. Still gotta cop though. I'm tempted to order from PYS but I think I'll wait to try them on to see how they run.

I really do wanna scoop up the med. ball colorway but the recent release of these:

nike-air-trainer-3-2009-2.jpg

doesnt measure up, quality wise to these:
3656749833_d3670c5461.jpg

(not my pic) but I loved my blk/red pair, very cushy and comfy. Pretty much beat them to death. I shoulda got the blk/blue and mardi gras too when they wereat the outlets back in 2005 for $49.99!

nothing is ever easily explained with cross trainers pd uno.. This whole years batch of trainers, excluding the med. ball, have featured patent/leather/suedeforefoot toeboxs. This very area is of relative concern when the forefoot material is plastic.. Those that bought any from this past year should be advised togo up a full size.. In the past, these haved suffered the pinky toe crush syndrome, and usually if you have wide or fat feet in the forefoot area, you willsuffer that squeeze..

I usually go up a full size, from 12s to a 13.. the actual toe length will be quite a bit roomy. that is the tradeoff. you will have more than a thumbs lengthof extra room at the end of the toebox. But the forefoot fit will be good...

If you can wear through the pain and let the plastics soften up as you continue to stay true to size, the end of the toebox fit will be perfect. but theforefoot fit may be a bit tight. some times too tight.

ive owned and worn 12s and 13s and now they feel like one in the same. that initial wear cycle where the pinky toe may be abused is where some are advised togo up that full size.

Ryeno, thats the sad reality of nike retros... Even those 05 black reds were barely on par with the earlier retros, quality wise. so for some, you go from thetop tier stuff, to whats currently out... it adds up to pure disappointment. Straight downhill status.. 00-03= top quality leathers. 04-06= decent. 07-09=almost straight garbage if you have any comparative analysis ability in you to compare these with older retros.. Nike is preying on their consumers here. and Ijust may take the bait
grin.gif
grin.gif

I'll be passing. I'm just not sold on the big perforated holes and i noticed nike also skimped on a few other details. The darker shade looks greatbut that's about it. Just wondering, was the OG colorway named medicine ball or ginger?

any update on if the med balls will hit footlocker/champs/footaction ect? these have been grail status for me for years. i was in 8th grade when they firstcame out in the late 80's and i went with some Solo Flights over the black/white/red pair of these when it came time for new shoes. i could never bring myself to pay $250+ for the limited retro that dropped a few years back. my ocd is kicking in so i'll probably get these later tonight from pys

I wore the crap out of my 2000 retroes.

PYS for me.

And if I come across another pair for cheaper down the line, I'll grab a second for good measure.

good point wally ever since I heard about the 09' retro that is all I can think of is how my pinky toe will be in serious pain cause of the plastic.because of that I don't even put any of my trainer sc1 on they are just for the collection lol feels like the bone is caving in ouch. I mich just get 1pairidk yet.

I hear ya freshkicks95. big holes mean only one thing.. bad quality leather like the rest of the 2009 family. I can't abuse these like my other trainers.what's the fun in not being able to do that? 10 normal wears in and they are hurting? Tough call.. I cant wear the 00s forever. i didnt support any of theother colorways, so this one original cw may need that support.

tough call.. I complain all these years about not having any OG c/w general releases and here one comes and I'm denying them? what the hell is wrong withme? maybe i'm too logical of a person to endorse a company like Nike?

thanks nike for taking so long such that I have too much time to think about it.

bknowbles, i think the key for me was I bought most of my trainer "iiis" used. They had already been worn so much that the pinky toe issue was GONE.They are a true dream to wear once you get over that point. I had another pair that I bought new that was unwearable... That leaves these new ones falling intothe new catergory and them being quite the hassle to wear for atleast 20-25 wears. is it even worth it?
laugh.gif

in the back of my mind i cant help but feel nike is doing us all dirty. they know we wanted this since atleast 2001 since the two limited runs of these. Andnow they are here in their 2009 retro quality state for our taking. Nice strategy. Leaves us with no choice if you were trying for the med balls since 2000..Now 8 years later, your reward??? A mediocre quality trainer.
grin.gif
. I have ads '00 med ball. but I cant see myself wearing those especially now with what we're given. those are gonna be quite a special occassion shoe. maybethese new ones will be my everyday wearers
laugh.gif
. help to convince me topull the trigger on these. What a hassle.

yeah its like we have no choice but to buy cause sooner or later the soles on the older medicine balls will completely crumble and if we skip on these we areleft to think of the re-sale value on these 5yrs from now and if they bring them out lets say 10yrs from now who knows what they will be like the 09'smight be like og's to us compared to the 2019 lmao. well if I get a pair and they kill my pinky toes I will throw bandaids over them and break them inuntil its like wearing slippers lol.

I tried on the the white patent/orange blaze pair at Nordstrom Rack in a 10,
I'm a true 9 and the 10's were a bit too big for me, so imo, I would say go only a half size up.

btw, does anyone know if NT will be getting the Medicine Ball's?
nerd.gif

well NDC has the med. balls listed, but like the new trainer 1, it simply says OUT OF STOCK.. its been that way for almost two weeks now... does NDC usuallyget stuff that NT may not have out?

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

well NDC has the med. balls listed, but like the new trainer 1, it simply says OUT OF STOCK.. its been that way for almost two weeks now... does NDC usually get stuff that NT may not have out?
Most shoe's that are on NDC is also stocked in all or most NT's.
So, I guess they will be gettin them soon, I'll be coppin from NT then.
What's retail on these?
nerd.gif

retail is $110, which is too high for a mediocre quality RETRO. A hookup is essential
wink.gif

then again for the majority out there, $180-260 was the resell prices they have been looking at since 2002. So $110 is a no brainer. Nice supply.demandphilosophy nike

ill wait, trainers dont sell at all in the "hood" so i can sit and wait i refuse to pay retail for damm near anythin nike releases nowadays causeeverythin at one point will go on sale, these will be no differant, so on a 30% or 50% here i come

Wally - Keep the 2000's on ice. Wear these. That's my way of looking @ it. Sure it may be of "lesser quality" but if you're buying themto actually wear, it softens the blow pause.

Back
Top Bottom