Air Trainer SC Black/Grey #34 Bo Jackson via theshoegame.com

[h1]theshoegame.com[/h1]
I gotta say, this is actually a really good review of this story.  I guess most of the blogs have to be objective when dropping release news, but G-Roc just laid it out and said exactly what the rest of us are feeling.  Hopefully they just got lazy and didn't update the stock pic (they've done this before ie Duke Uptempos) and they'll make some corrections this time around for the retro but if not, I'll be saving $110 AGAIN.  
[h1]
[/h1][h1]
nike-air-trainer-sc-high-black-grey.jpg

[/h1]

Make em right this time Nike , last time around they were horrible with that shiny plastic so-called-leather

^^^ If they come out exactly the same as the 2009's, it's not sleeping if you don't cop, it's called good judgement.

Why? These didn't sell out the first time, they're going to release the same pleather and bad looking suede?

People actually bought them the first time around?  

This or GTHO
a8515f476ac9c9b6c2969241d0f84e08b354004_r.JPG

e2c25d14606dccb7cf2b332a3536e061ebe9911_r.JPG

34 or no 34, tumbled leather and suede is a killer combo.  Anything less is a disservice.

bleh...got the 09s already

i must say...they are comfy but the leather killed it for me

will cop if they actually put real leather on these

I just bought the 09 pair last month. Man was I disappointed when I got them. The quality of the leather(or whatever the hell it was) was horrible. If they are the same as the 09 pair I won't even think about buying.

Originally Posted by blacklion23

I just bought the 09 pair last month. Man was I disappointed when I got them. The quality of the leather(or whatever the hell it was) was horrible. If they are the same as the 09 pair I won't even think about buying.

Couldn't even do it. They were disgraceful. Should have left the 34 off.

Crazy theyre re releasing these so fast, I missed out in 09 so maybe Ill be able to scoop up a pair this time.

from Gentry Humphrey's Twitter:
mawnf.jpg

These just seem.... lazy to me.  Like they knew they wanted to do an orange colorway but they couldn't bother to make the colorblocking look good and the other pair just looks like white and grey, like something is missing.  OG and first run retro SC trainers just seemed to have more depth to the materials and textures.  These along with the black #34 retros and alot of the retros they've done lately all seem so 2-dimensional and half-hearted.  Again, thanks Nike and Gentry for helping me save my money.

I made the mistake of buying a pair from a few years ago(white/varsity reds), Nike is never gonna get my money for another pair of these again.

you guys say again? the reason this is a guaranteed seller in footlockers/footactions/champs/mom and pops in the inner city

Seeing those others is heartbreaking.. I mean they will all sell eventually.. They, and the 40 other colorways they have had over the years did just that. Almost always on sale.. The "lightnings" were as low as $59.99 on NDC and Eastbay. 

Just recently I saw the black.purple/greys at an outlet for relatively cheap.. They were shockingly BAD.
Rant in spoiler
Spoiler [+]
Frustration level is pretty much to the point of turning my back and forgetting these exist. I guess the 2010 white navy blue equals the OG white/royal blue, and the 2010 white/varsity red/blacks equal the OG white infrared? Someone at Nike colorblind? Heck, the infrared has never been done right.. In 1999, they went with a pimento/ bright red and changed up the solid tongue. And now in an era where bright colors reign supreme, they don't want to get it right just this once?

e331554e61c7c2bb9fdc38071a7090b89587e95_r.JPG

OG left, '99 retro on the right.

Would these not sell?

Then again, it's not even about colors anymore.. The webtec is more like plas-tec.

I don't have twitter or know how it really works. Does he listen and respond to suggestions? I mean he has the most basic white colorway you can imagine, and chooses no colors? Then a true two tone that is just out there? Some white needs to be thrown in there.
----------
All solid colored uppers have existed in the past with relative success..
The all carolina blues:
1ep9wg.jpg

The  all grey with hints of yellow:
2zod6io.jpg

The all navy blue with hints of white:
293gc9y.jpg

It can be done. Yet it has probably been 10 years since Nike really hit a home run with this shoe, where all factors of it came together nicely. In that twitter photo, it's the battle of two extremes with none of them really working.

Originally Posted by dmxfury

One of the shoes that got me into shoes. Do it right and I'm all over them

bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
These joints pretty much kicked it off for me as well (along with a few others) so if done properly... it's ON.

I love the trainer sc as a shoe but the quality of late has been horrible. I bought a few pairs in 09 and was excited to get the radiers cw. I didn't even care that they were so cheap I wanted to have them. I love the shoe ever since I had it as a kid. After a few wears they started to crack on the midsole and it just got worse and worse. So I was pissed. Please nike release these right I want to rock these without any problem. They need to re-release the Radiers cw in the Nike Air Raid in better quality as well. The last release was horrible also. I bought them and it was the same result. I got lucky and found a sample pair of Air Raids from 2003 that the quality is great. Nike needs to stop with the poor quality and give us the real deal.

I have my raiders pair in hand now, I actually really like them. i mean the leather is cheap and etc. but for some reason i'm in love with them, lol. Mine are still DS so i guess I can rock them knowing that they are being re, re, re, re, released later this year. I found these at a Nike outlet for $39.99 last yr sometime. If they would have had more then 1 in my size 12, I would have bought every single pear, LMFAO.
roll.gif

CROSS YER FINGEZ GUISE!!!!
wink.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

I have a feeling deep down inside they these are going to be amazing quality with the proper Suede/Durabuck Materials. I'm talking QS air trainer SC II's quality!!!!!  (please Nike!!!)

I'M STOKED for these!!!!

Now all Nike has to do is retro the OG TEAL COLORWAY and I will die of happiness!!!

THANKS NIKE!

Back
Top Bottom