AIR ZOOM MVP

Originally Posted by clkru

"If you would D up and stopped getting crossed so much the likelyhood of turning an ankle greatly reduces.

people always just seem to need a scapegoat."

From my standpoint, I think you're dead wrong. The low cut and lack of ankle suppot of shoe led to my ankle injury. I've been crossed up before, and have never ever ever ever had an ankle sprain occur as a result until I worse these MVP's. I had ASO's on, too. I have sprained my other ankle coming down on someone's foot before, but have always had the mid cut/ASO protection against having my ankle broken down by a quick dribble.

I will never go near a low for ball again, and as a result, will never go near a crossover ankle injury again. How am confident in this? I am 26, have been balling competitively since age 8 in mids, and have only ever had 1 crossover ankle injury. This injury occured in the low-cut MVP's last week.

I'm going to pick up the Jumpman Elite 1 as a replacement for my MVP anklebreakers this weekend... probably be a month until I'll get to try them out at full speed.
In my opinion, this shoe is more of a Mid in the midst of recent Nike releases (or if you want to be technical, it's "in between a midand a low" as per Nike's description)
as it is not a true low, i prefer to call it a mid and call shoes like the hyperdunk and the blue chip "highs"

Lows: Zoom BB I's and II's lows, Blue Chip lows
Mids: MVPs and Kobe IVs, Jet flights
Highs: Hyperdunks, Blue Chips, Huaraches, etc (almost every shoe)

I've played in a ton of shoes lows, mids, highs, and I really prefer lows for the following reason: Never have I experienced a shoe "saving me"from spraining my ankle. Most of the time it's just a matter of not picking up your foot or stepping on another person's foot...

Interesting: when I tore my ACL last June, I was wearing Shox BB4's (a higher shoe) and it happened in a way where it makes me wonder what would havehappened if I was wearing a low.... would my ankle have broken my fall rather than my whole knee popping out?...just a thought....
smokin.gif
quads were weak at the time though so i had it coming
laugh.gif

I'm exclusively a bb low/kobe iv/all things low guy now though...

^^^^^ MVPs are a bit of higher cut and come about half way up your ankle....if you're wearing the right shoe size

In other news, the white/red/black colorway is up on nikestore.com but isn't yet available to buy.
smokin.gif

"What do you resort to if next time you ball in mid/high, you get crossed over and sprain your ankle? Do you quit playing ball?"

The MVP worked for me for 3 2-hour sessions, and then I decided to guard a high school point guard and got burned by a lack of support. Like I said, I'vebeen crossed up wearing mids and have never sprained an ankle as a result. I'll admit that I'm not a pg and have bitten off more than I could chew intrying to defend smaller and quicker players before, but I've never been injured doing so.

All I'm saying is that the MVP was my first and last expereince using a low for ball. I'm left thinking that I shouldn't have tried to fixsomething (usng a mid for ball) that wasn't broken in the first place. Its a total shame on me for trusting a low like the MVP.

Originally Posted by Ninteennrun

Originally Posted by tokyojazz

Just picked a pair up for myself, i haven't balled in them yet but I'm looking forward to it. This if my first time ballin in a low top.
Got myself the red, white and black version

wait....which ones have red in them???

are they different from the orange ones in the above picture?

where'd you find em?

Not really sure but these might be an Asian Exclusive. I picked these up in Tokyo

After FINALLY holding a pair of these in my hands this past weekend, I came to the conclusion that I NEED a pair of these in the worst way!! Preferably beforemy next tournament March 20-22nd..

Originally Posted by Ninteennrun

Just picked a pair up for myself, i haven't balled in them yet but I'm looking forward to it. This if my first time ballin in a low top.
Got myself the red, white and black version

wait....which ones have red in them???

are they different from the orange ones in the above picture?

where'd you find em?

Not really sure but these might be an Asian Exclusive. I picked these up in Tokyo
those are clean. give them to me in a size 13.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by CWK

I helped launch ALPHA Project in the 90's (Air Zoom Citizen, Air Zoom Seismic, and Air Vis Zoom Uptempo). If you're referring to the five holes on the lateral side of the upper, those appear to be functional lace holes. Seeing as none of the previous ALPHA Project shoes incorporated the dots into structural components, I would guess that these aren't specifically ALPHA Project shoes.

44337011_w.jpg
not to thread jack, but CWK, can you tell me the name of the sneakers released in 99 that UConn wore in the NCAA's that year. It was similarto the huarache's. What were the name of those and if you remember them, what did you think of them? Probably the oldest pair I have had and maybe haveworn outside once. Feels weird but maybe it should be broken in playing ball? Sorry, no pics.

i got mine last month and balled them a couple of times.

good shoes imo. by the way ive been wearing low cut shoes since last year, so far so good.

i like the cushioning, very good!

Originally Posted by furiousstylezz

not to thread jack, but CWK, can you tell me the name of the sneakers released in 99 that UConn wore in the NCAA's that year. It was similar to the huarache's. What were the name of those and if you remember them, what did you think of them? Probably the oldest pair I have had and maybe have worn outside once. Feels weird but maybe it should be broken in playing ball? Sorry, no pics.

I think you are possibly thinking of the Air Stimulus Flight. Is this it?

stimulus_flight.jpg

i'm pretty sure that is the orange pair.

the best colorway is that white/grey/orange one.

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

not to thread jack, but CWK, can you tell me the name of the sneakers released in 99 that UConn wore in the NCAA's that year. It was similar to the huarache's. What were the name of those and if you remember them, what did you think of them? Probably the oldest pair I have had and maybe have worn outside once. Feels weird but maybe it should be broken in playing ball? Sorry, no pics.

stimulus_flight.jpg
thanks lob, yeh, those are it. feel weird though i have high arches, maybe thats the reason. but yup, thats them. got em in eastbay almost 10 yrsago, haha.

Finally hooped in these, pretty great. One negative, don't wear no-show socks. The back sockliner gave me a blister. No where close to spraining myankles in these.

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

stimulus_flight.jpg
thanks lob, yeh, those are it. feel weird though i have high arches, maybe thats the reason. but yup, thats them. got em in eastbay almost 10 yrs ago, haha.

I remember having the stimulus flight. Those were one of my all time favorites.

Originally Posted by prayformojo

Is this colorway (black/red) releasing or is it only the black/max orange version?

best bet for the pe is ebay.

another non-sensical asia exclusive.

I wore my MVP's for the first time today in an actual game and they are crazy light. It felt like I was playing in my socks. They make you want to runbecause you feel so free. I have these, the Zoom Drives and the Jet Flights (other shoes Nash has worn over the past couple of seasons). The MVP's are byfar better than the Drives (too narrow) and slightly better than the Jet Flights (awkward strap near the forefoot). I never felt like I was going to roll anankle which is always my concern when playing in a lower mid. If you are a PG or SG then these need to be in your rotation. No Hype! I play in ALL my kicksand these just moved up near the front of the pack (and i have a 30 shoe indoor only rotation).

Originally Posted by tkedat

I wore my MVP's for the first time today in an actual game and they are crazy light. It felt like I was playing in my socks. They make you want to run because you feel so free. I have these, the Zoom Drives and the Jet Flights (other shoes Nash has worn over the past couple of seasons). The MVP's are by far better than the Drives (too narrow) and slightly better than the Jet Flights (awkward strap near the forefoot). I never felt like I was going to roll an ankle which is always my concern when playing in a lower mid. If you are a PG or SG then these need to be in your rotation. No Hype! I play in ALL my kicks and these just moved up near the front of the pack (and i have a 30 shoe indoor only rotation).

they are definitely mad light but as far as nash shoes they and all of the others cant even see these:

2rnd652.jpg

Back
Top Bottom