AJ V Concord August 6, 2022

Which of these AJ V have you owned or would like to own?

• White Metallic (2000, 2015)

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Stealth (2006)

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Quai 54 (2011)

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Olympic (Team USA) (2011)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pro Stars (2015)

• Olympic (Rio) (2016)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • White Cement (2017)

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Alternate Bel-Air (2020)

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Stealth 2.0 (2021)

• Concord (2022)

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
Wow, these are still sitting on Nike.com in all the money sizes.

…a little surprised.

Not too surprising for me as I've reiterated my speculation that these would sit based on low demand.

The signs seemed to be there yesterday when I saw one half of a pair on display at Beverly Center Foot Locker yesterday. Most of the sought after retros normally don't even have a display shoe on the store shelves on release day.

Perhaps the dumb and uneducated resellers finally got some common sense this time around that stuff like this won't resell for significant profit, so it's not worth paying full price just to make $10 at most after all that incurred overhead and fees.

I just decided to get mine yesterday on release day because I can no longer hold out for the Foot Locker Inc. websites to allow discount codes a month of two after the release date since they've been perpetually excluded from discounts since this pandemic has been going on.

These Too Clean!!!
IMG_20220807_190034227.jpg

I wouldn’t say the colorway is lazy but simplistic and I like how they executed the color blocking (like not making the whole midsole Dark Concord or making the sockliner black).
Fair enough. There is indeed an elegance that lies within simplicity (e.g. Concord 11). Lazy was the wrong word on my part. I was just trying to highlight that overall it's a pretty basic colorway on a silhouette that isn't as popular as it used to be unless they're released in a limited way or are an OG colorway.

Fair enough. There is indeed an elegance that lies within simplicity (e.g. Concord 11). Lazy was the wrong word on my part. I was just trying to highlight that overall it's a pretty basic colorway on a silhouette that isn't as popular as it used to be unless they're released in a limited way or are an OG colorway.

That’s understandable, as skytopkristoff skytopkristoff stated above when Jordan Brand uses the original color blocking of their shoes it works. Personally, I hope they use Starfish with this color blocking. I know you research the history and shape of each shoe, which I commend. Keep up the great work!

Today, I was able to take some pictures of yesterday's pickup from Beverly Center Foot Locker via app reservation. These are some viable white/black/purple shoes for me, but I wish there was a little more purple on other parts of them.
IMG_6368.JPG
IMG_6369.JPG
IMG_6370.JPG
IMG_6371.JPG
IMG_6372.JPG
IMG_6373.JPG

As for myself as well, I didn’t secure the 13s with the similar colorway so these will do fine. Also, I believe Jordan 5s are moving into my top 5 Air Jordans as well. This new shape has done wonders for the model! Also, what’s the difference between Dark Concord and Court Purple?

I admit I got these because of this jersey I've had for two years now since I've reiterated I could use some white/black/purple shoes. These were a viable replacement for the 2019 White/Black/Purple XIII that I now feel stupid for getting rid of last year. I liked how those XIII had more purple on them throughout the entire suede part. And Puma sure ain't rehashing those Vinsanity shoes from Vince Carter's rookie season.
IMG_6364.JPG

I like how these match with this Raptors jersey. There are parallels with the colors on the shoes and jersey.

I doubt I would wear these with this purple jersey despite seeing Carter wearing white-based shoes with his road uniform sometimes from online photos. The Raptors normally wore black-based shoes with this road jersey.
IMG_6366.JPG

As for myself as well, I didn’t secure the 13s with the similar colorway so these will do fine. Also, I believe Jordan 5s are moving into my top 5 Air Jordans as well. This new shape has done wonders for the model! Also, what’s the difference between Dark Concord and Court Purple?

This coincides with when I formerly possessed those XIII and now feel stupid for getting rid of. I doubt I would have gotten these if I still had those XIII. These are a viable replacement for me.

The V was the first pair of Jordans I ever liked. I never noticed the shape on the more current models. Perhaps I should pay more attention to it now.

It's basically the same thing since it's purple we're dealing with. It's just one of those naming preferences or Nike/Jordan Brand being gimmicky to catch consumers' attention.

If these had Nike Air on the back I’d give them a 9/10. With the jump man, they are a 7.5 on my scale.

Got them in hand today and they are a really nice pair of of 5s. Not sure I’ll wear them much when my white red 5s are still pristine.

Curiously, why do you think this is?
Why do I think they're not as popular as they used to be? I think it has to do with sneaker popularity shifting due to changing fashion trends and interests among consumers, especially those around my age (born 2000) or younger that tend to hop on whatever trend is popular. Air Jordan and the designs of Peter Moore (RIP) and Tinker Hatfield will forever be timeless, but now the younger crowd is into both sleeker shoes, like runners and chunky "dad shoes" like the New Balance 770s, 550s, etc. As well as the usual Nike Dunk and Jordan 1 due to their exclusivity, versatility and let's be honest, their favorite influencers wearing em. 5s had a crazy run in from '99-'00 with the OG retros to the mid 2000s and then the early 2010s. I was lurking as a young middle or high schooler in the Grape 5 thread from like 2012 or 2013 I think and I remember seeing all the photos of dudes posted up with matchy matchy fits to go with the shoes. :lol: But over time the popularity of the 5, in regards to non limited releases, seems to have waned a bit. Like we'll all get them, OG colorways especially for reasons related to our passion of sneakers and non sneaker enthusiasts will still buy them because they're Jordan's, but 5s aren't flying off shelves either. Since the 2016 Black Metallic 5s if you wanted a pair of GR 5s they were really easy to get. I walked away from the 2020 Fire Red release with 3 pairs initially without seeing foot outside my bed, it was that easy.

I admit I got these because of this jersey I've had for two years now since I've reiterated I could use some white/black/purple shoes. These were a viable replacement for the 2019 White/Black/Purple XIII that I now feel stupid for getting rid of last year. I liked how those XIII had more purple on them throughout the entire suede part. And Puma sure ain't rehashing those Vinsanity shoes from Vince Carter's rookie season.
IMG_6364.JPG

I like how these match with this Raptors jersey. There are parallels with the colors on the shoes and jersey.

I doubt I would wear these with this purple jersey despite seeing Carter wearing white-based shoes with his road uniform sometimes from online photos. The Raptors normally wore black-based shoes with this road jersey.
IMG_6366.JPG

This coincides with when I formerly possessed those XIII and now feel stupid for getting rid of. I doubt I would have gotten these if I still had those XIII. These are a viable replacement for me.

The V was the first pair of Jordans I ever liked. I never noticed the shape on the more current models. Perhaps I should pay more attention to it now.

It's basically the same thing since it's purple we're dealing with. It's just one of those naming preferences or Nike/Jordan Brand being gimmicky to catch consumers' attention.

Thank you for the clarification and that Away Vince Carter looks amazing. I’m trying to decide if I want the authentic Away Penny Hardaway Orlando Magic or the one you have.

It looks I'll be the first one on this thread with pictures of wearing these. I wore them yesterday. And I rarely wear shoes shortly after the release date. I can't remember the last time I wore shoes three days after getting them.

It sure as hell was a damn good feeling being the only MF wearing these outside yesterday. Nice to see that no one else wore them wherever I went to yesterday.

These are the perfect shoes to wear with this jersey. Sorry about the reflective effect on the tongue that's standard with the V if it's distracting with this picture.
IMG_6380.JPG

Good thing I got a closeup photo of these so they're more visible on my feet this way due to the default reflective nature of the tongue.
IMG_6382.JPG

I was holding off on copping but after seeing this, I'm copping for $189.99
Screenshot_20220813-083739_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20220813-083800_YouTube.jpg

May be the first Jordan 4 or 5 ever where the "AIR JORDAN" on the back of the tongue is right side up.
Not really the first ever. I'm pretty sure the tags were always right side up post '99-'00 OG retros. They didn't start flipping the tag upside down to match the OGs until the '16 Black Metallic 5s.

Not really the first ever. I'm pretty sure the tags were always right side up post '99-'00 OG retros. They didn't start flipping the tag upside down to match the OGs until the '16 Black Metallic 5s.
Yo. ..totally forgot about that, you right. My 2006 fire red black tongues had it right side up.

Well, since these Concord 5s ain't the first ever....

**just removed pair from cart

Back
Top Bottom