AJ V SBB Oct 2, 2021

Definitely wanna get the Nike Air and Heel 23 in orange on mine but IDK about full out turning these into knock off Fire Reds

Whatever that is around the Nike Air and 23 looks so, so bad. Do yall really think he did that on purpose or did something go wrong and that's the coverup?

Whatever that is around the Nike Air and 23 looks so, so bad. Do yall really think he did that on purpose or did something go wrong and that's the coverup?

That’s absolutely not supposed to look anything like that :lol: Dude ****ed up his pair but the idea of putting Nike Air and a 23 on these is the only solid part of this

I kinda like the Cream color too

Mine came in IF is super underrated they’re way better than these…
F80382B0-DDFB-4BDA-AC26-8B94F6FA684C.jpeg

Definitely wanna get the Nike Air and Heel 23 in orange on mine but IDK about full out turning these into knock off Fire Reds

Don’t like his custom. Defeats the purpose of the color and sneaker. 🤷‍♂️
Just when you thought this release couldn’t get any worse, the internet remains undefeated lol
That’s absolutely not supposed to look anything like that :lol: Dude ****ed up his pair but the idea of putting Nike Air and a 23 on these is the only solid part of this

I kinda like the Cream color too
I hate to be negative toward people who have the creativity and commitment and skills to customize their shoes, even if I don't personally care for their vision. But I see these and think, er, just buy and wear either Fire Reds or Off Whites, or both. (Other than the fact this was way cheaper ... )
And maybe he did mean for the "melting" texture to look like that, but it LOOKS like he had to use that stuff, whatever it is, to attach the Nike Airs and the 23s to the shoe, and attempted to hide it as part of the intended design :lol:

9A1D1DFA-1471-41F5-93B5-3640D141B6B1.jpeg

My first pair of SBB’s!!

Got here today, I see a lot of sleepers regretting the snooze on these.

Can’t wait until I distress the leather on these & make the leather crackle Golden Goose Style 🔥. Work the uppers of leather hard, preserve that colored midsole… nahmean? This shoe has a 2 Stage life. I see another shoe emerging when this leather crackles from a few machine washes in bags & hard sun frying the leather into a crackle. Like Golden Goose, GGDB. You just gotta preserve the midsole/sole coloring. 🔥

A Cat has 9 lives, this joint has 2. The true meaning of a shattered backboard, shattered leatherZ!

Last edited:
9A1D1DFA-1471-41F5-93B5-3640D141B6B1.jpeg

My first pair of SBB’s!!

Got here today, I see a lot of sleepers regretting the snooze on these.

Can’t wait until I distress the leather on these & make the leather crackle Golden Goose Style 🔥. Work the uppers of leather hard, preserve that colored midsole… nahmean? This shoe has a 2 Stage life. I see another shoe emerging when this leather crackles from a few machine washes in bags & hard sun frying the leather into a crackle. Like Golden Goose, GGDB. You just gotta preserve the midsole/sole coloring. 🔥

A Cat has 9 lives, this joint has 2. The true meaning of a shattered backboard, shattered leatherZ!
I have zero idea what just happened here.
:rofl:

I had been so-so on these so I didn't go all-out trying to get them or anything. I entered on only one of my three SNKRS accounts and figured I'd let fate decide whether I'd get them. Well surprisingly I hit on my one account and they came in yesterday and I love them in person! I love orange and I didn't realize in the initial pics that the teeth were actually metallic silver. Very happy to own these and I think they're a shoe that's still going to look great even when they start to yellow.

Regarding those customs above, I'd love a 23 to be on the side of these (Vs are just better with the 23) but the way that customizer did it does not look good lol.

It won’t :rofl:

I know, that’s my fear. Nike pulled it off with the Taupe Haze IV’s & it added a certain vibe to the shoe. I’ve crackled leather before on previous shoes but it happened after an immense amount of usage. Tryna figure out the science of crackling leather. :nerd: Any pointers on crackling/distressing leather would be greatly appreciated.

I’ve also crackled a lot of leather belts from daily use.

I’m thinking applying alcohol onto the leather would crackle it faster because alcohol based dyed leather crackles easy.

Last edited:
I’m surprised more people aren’t talking about these and that there wasn’t a restock. Anyone wearing there’s? What model do you think should get the SBB treatment next?

Back
Top Bottom