Votes: 46 28.2%
  • Fourth

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • Fifth

Votes: 37 22.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 8 4.9%

• Total voters
You are a sick, twisted individual ozboi.

And normally I would be outraged by your brazen attempt to throw your latest purchase right in my face.

But my Playoff 13s finally shipped today.

…so I’m gewd!!

C4E4A333-00A0-410E-8319-721E2492F087.gif

BTW before I forget… Did you get the right size? 🤣🤣🤣

Feel like the Oly’s make sense to see a drop next year…But then again, Nike rarely makes sense with what they decide to drop and when…
I'm pretty sure 2024 is the next summer olympics so if thats the case I can see these releasing next yr. I think the last time the Olympic 7's released was 2012 and also that year was the summer olympics.

Got mine in today, they’re pretty nice. My only complaint is how often shoes are getting damaged in transport. I’ve noticed this in a couple pairs over the past year. Either the boxes are too big causing them to slide around a bit too much (and scuff).

Not a big deal but not exactly pleasing after spending this much for a new product. The black portion of the heel is scuffed.
EBE6995E-075E-4924-A192-7DAFE208EC40.jpeg

Not sure if I’m tripping or not but these feel much more snug than my older retro 7s from 2009. Heel fit to mid foot is locked in. Kinda wanna buy some insoles and try out hooping in them.
You're not trippin'.

Most older 7 retros feel considerably looser whereas the newer cardinals feel exactly like the OG's felt back in '92.

These newest cardinals are as close as they should be as far as fit and court feel are concerned.

Last edited:
As for the colors it's a different story if my memory serves me right.

Back in '92 even when new, the OG cardinals were never as bright white as these newest retros, the OG's leather was leaning more towards off-white/Championship White(for car guys out here) would be the most accurate way to describe it. The OG's had a slight very very light gray/silverish almost white in color Hurache(same for the inside panel at the ankle). So as for the different hues MJo23 is describing in his review they are only partly due to age since but not entirely i.e. people tend to think the yellowing due to age is much worse than it actually is. Also the underlay or inner foam that you can see through the tongue's perforations was black on the OG's vs white on the most recent version.

With older cardinal retros iterations, I feel like they went overboard with the yellowing thing from the get go and they looked closer to aged OG's out of the box.

To me none of the 3 gen of cardinal retros are spot on as far as colors are concerned, but the latest ones are close enough in many respects and if I had to chose, I think they went in a better direction this time around.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom