AJ XXX (30)

true, im 33 but didnt get into shoes until 95-96 (Jordan XI made me love shoes) but i remember him wearing the shoes on court and wanting them for sure and ever since he retired i didnt really care for any releases except for the XX that caught my eye being so different and unique i loved them. I feel the same about all sig shoes though like the penny line is stupid with the new releases and the pippen line as well and the barkley fusion/new craps are horrendous. if my fav player never wore them to play his sport then i dont want them to be honest but that might just be me
I agree on the part about penny and barkley. the new stuff is stupid they need to put those lines to rest and just retro. I never payed much attention at all to the pippen line so can't really comment on that
nerd.gif

These comments makes sense in terms of the excitement value of wearing a shoe that a player/athlete is current wearing, however, if it were your business, would you have stopped the Jordan signature line?  No!  It's a business, and they're making a ton of money and profits.  If you owned shares in Nike/JB, you wouldn't want them to stop!

The signature shoe was leveraged into a brand, the Jordan brand is strong, accounts for a significant portion of Nike sales and is the dominant brand in basketball....we're not privy to the sales of the signature shoe, but if it stops selling at acceptable levels it wouldn't be a surprise if it was eventually discintinued. Pruning products is common practice in all industries. Personally I think we'll see its last model in the not to distant future.

i still love each and every new Air Jordans. after the xx3 however i buy them more for the performance reason and only wear them on court. xx9 i simply will not wear them casually because they are too good for on court to mess it up outside. i'm sure the 30 i will do the same thing. 

Last edited:
Personally I think we'll see its last model in the not to distant future.
I somewhat agree, but then again I can't really see it happening. As long as the signature shoe has any advantage over team shoes sales wise there is no point in just releasing team shoes. the sig has more full price sales at least on the first 1 or 2 colorways. they price them so high that when they do go on deep discount they sell for about what a team shoe would retail for. And it's already pretty much proven that releasing more has zero effect on the lasting legacy of the Jordan line. No one really thinks less of the past because of what's happening now. Sort of like Jordan with the wizards vs. the 6 time champion. 

Last edited:
I agree.  Although all but the one colorway didn't sell out and ended up discounted, there's still a lot of media and interest in these launches, and they still represent the top of the line performance shoe in the brand.  It will be a long time before the signature line is canceled....in my opinion....  Personally, I don't know if I'll buy the 30, but I'm very interested in seeing what materializes!  I wear by 29s casually (blackout), and they're comfortable and look great, and pass in a business casual environment if you can believe it!

i still love each and every new Air Jordans. after the xx3 however i buy them more for the performance reason and only wear them on court. xx9 i simply will not wear them casually because they are too good for on court to mess it up outside. i'm sure the 30 i will do the same thing. 

I did the other way. Mostly wear them casually and only wear them for shoot arounds. Why? Because I only play outdoor and for outdoor i prefer more durable shoes like the aj 19, 21, 2010 or Lbj 11. Same goes for the xx8. I rarely wear them on court.
It's kinda boring to wear most of the older models (retros) because too many hypebeasts wear them.

I somewhat agree, but then again I can't really see it happening. As long as the signature shoe has any advantage over team shoes sales wise there is no point in just releasing team shoes. the sig has more full price sales at least on the first 1 or 2 colorways. they price them so high that when they do go on deep discount they sell for about what a team shoe would retail for. And it's already pretty much proven that releasing more has zero effect on the lasting legacy of the Jordan line. No one really thinks less of the past because of what's happening now. Sort of like Jordan with the wizards vs. the 6 time champion. 
im out of the loop and all i know is it felt different for me when a shoe the GOAT wore last night is releasing tomorrow than it feels today when the new release comes out but thats just me more into the nostalgia and seeing the player wear them plus im a baseball player for life and nothing beats the griffey cleats on the field. we need a cleated air max griffey 1 again in molded as well so i can wear em again!

I did the other way. Mostly wear them casually and only wear them for shoot arounds. Why? Because I only play outdoor and for outdoor i prefer more durable shoes like the aj 19, 21, 2010 or Lbj 11. Same goes for the xx8. I rarely wear them on court.
It's kinda boring to wear most of the older models (retros) because too many hypebeasts wear them.
i feel you on that. outdoor courts kill the shoes in a heartbeat. 

I agree.  Although all but the one colorway didn't sell out and ended up discounted, there's still a lot of media and interest in these launches, and they still represent the top of the line performance shoe in the brand.  It will be a long time before the signature line is canceled....in my opinion....  Personally, I don't know if I'll buy the 30, but I'm very interested in seeing what materializes!  I wear by 29s casually (blackout), and they're comfortable and look great, and pass in a business casual environment if you can believe it!
Can you post a business casual fit? I'm VERY intrigued

Back
Top Bottom