AJVI Infrared Pack *OFFICIAL THREAD* NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING/SPLITTING!

it seems lilke after all the hype, this pack can easily be had for near retail. I got lucky and had my order go thru on FTL.com but one of my friends didn't so I tried to help him out and scoped around ebay to see what they were going for.

i was able to get a pack for him for like $360 after shipping; i paid $342 after tax and shipping on FTL.

i think you just had to do your hw and be patient to get this pack for normal price; im just SMH when i see tons of ppl initially buying the pack off ebay for $450 and up or when i see craiglist postings asking for $500-$600. they gotta be outta their freakin minds lol

i've been burned trying to do the resell game with the space jams last year so from now i make sure not to fall into that trap of trying to make a few bucks cuz in the end it isn't really worth it unless you're able to get these shoes on a fat discount or you jacked em.

it seems lilke after all the hype, this pack could've easily been had for near retail. I got lucky and had my order go thru on FTL.com but one of my friends didn't so I tried to help him out and scoped around ebay to see what they were going for.

i was able to get a pack for him for like $360 after shipping; i paid $342 after tax and shipping on FTL.

i think you just had to do your hw and be patient to get this pack for normal price; im just SMH when i see tons of ppl initially buying the pack off ebay for $450 and up or when i see craiglist postings asking for $500-$600. they gotta be outta their freakin minds lol

i've been burned trying to do the resell game with the space jams so from now i make sure not to fall into that trap of trying to make a few bucks cuz in the end it isn't really worth it unless you're able to get these shoes on a fat discount or you jacked em.

Originally Posted by bigj505

Originally Posted by mikecabrera

I decided to break it down to see what resellers were making on the pack.  This is factored with Buy-It-Now fees and considering the ending price of $400.  (We all know they do not end at $400 anymore.  They are ending at an average from $345 to approximately $375 as of 7/5/10)  This does not also factor in the costs of shipping (possibly buying a box to ship these) and costs of gas to post office/UPS etc.

I included two ending scenerios if a buyer were to receive $400 or $375 ending auction prices.  The results are as follows. 

CONCLUSION:  Basically, anyone who resold these at $400 didn't even make a $10 profit after putting all the work into this.  Anyone who sold it at $375 incurred a loss of almost $13.  All resellers who are sellling for less than $375 are taking more worse losses.  Congrats to those individuals!  They got OWNED by their own greed.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

cool story bro.
guess you never accounted for dudes that sold on NT and didnt pay ebay or paypal fees.
pimp.gif
And didn't account for the people who don't pay tax on clothes (including shoes) MA Boston Baby.  If you don't have pay for tax, ur spending 310 for each pack.  If you sell on NT or ur name is just out there in the sneaker community and people trust you, and you know to try and sell to only people who live in your region of the country if you can help it to keep shipping costs down, however if your cool you would be down to ship anywhere and you reuse boxes, and when you stop at the PO make sure you run other errands too so gas doesn't add up to @!$ much..... then if you assume shipping these things is 30 give or take  400-30=370          370-310=60 profit, and if you sell for 390 then 50 profit or 380 then 40 profit,     and if you were able to pick up a bunch of these from places that had them sitting once every one had gotten there pairs that were there at opening that day then you can really reduce the cost of your own pair or even get you pack for free.  Which personally I don't see any problem with if you can not afford the shoes any other way.  Nothing wrong with anyone coming up here, props to anyone out there hustling in the shoe game as long as they aren't selling fakes.  If people want to pay over retail for shoes than they have every right to.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ehbball88

I decided to break it down to see what resellers were making on the pack.  This is factored with Buy-It-Now fees and considering the ending price of $400.  (We all know they do not end at $400 anymore.  They are ending at an average from $345 to approximately $375 as of 7/5/10)  This does not also factor in the costs of shipping (possibly buying a box to ship these) and costs of gas to post office/UPS etc.

I included two ending scenerios if a buyer were to receive $400 or $375 ending auction prices.  The results are as follows. 

CONCLUSION:  Basically, anyone who resold these at $400 didn't even make a $10 profit after putting all the work into this.  Anyone who sold it at $375 incurred a loss of almost $13.  All resellers who are sellling for less than $375 are taking more worse losses.  Congrats to those individuals!  They got OWNED by their own greed.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

cool story bro.
guess you never accounted for dudes that sold on NT and didnt pay ebay or paypal fees.
pimp.gif
And didn't account for the people who don't pay tax on clothes (including shoes) MA Boston Baby.  If you don't have pay for tax, ur spending 310 for each pack.  If you sell on NT or ur name is just out there in the sneaker community and people trust you, and you know to try and sell to only people who live in your region of the country if you can help it to keep shipping costs down, however if your cool you would be down to ship anywhere and you reuse boxes, and when you stop at the PO make sure you run other errands too so gas doesn't add up to @!$ much..... then if you assume shipping these things is 30 give or take  400-30=370          370-310=60 profit, and if you sell for 390 then 50 profit or 380 then 40 profit,     and if you were able to pick up a bunch of these from places that had them sitting once every one had gotten there pairs that were there at opening that day then you can really reduce the cost of your own pair or even get you pack for free.  Which personally I don't see any problem with if you can not afford the shoes any other way.  Nothing wrong with anyone coming up here, props to anyone out there hustling in the shoe game as long as they aren't selling fakes.  If people want to pay over retail for shoes than they have every right to.
pimp.gif
So basically, one must perfectly factor in every possible loophole and national/regional advantage, just to make $40 profit. 
laugh.gif

And not every reseller has an NT account.

Originally Posted by Anomaly

Originally Posted by Juice2352

Thanksfor those who replied about retail + tax question I posted earlier,just wondering because I found a pair for $342 shipped on ebay
laugh.gif
  So I basically paid retail, plus they get shipped to my house...no hassle!
That's a few cents over what I paid after Cook County's 10.25% sales tax.
mad.gif
Sorry to hear that bro, I would have been paying that same 10.25% if I went to the store on release day lol.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

Originally Posted by xX LeGod Xx

bad materials.

that's what i don't get. how are these bad materials?

we got 2 threads now, "how are your v-red black vi's holding up?", withdozens and dozens of posts claiming that since they dropped in january,there's been no problems with the nubuck used on the blacks. they cleanoff easy, no fading, still look black, don't turn grey like durabuck, don't have wrinkles like durabuck, haven't been creasing, manyclaim they still look DS after 30+ wears...

the whites in the infrared pack clearly have a thicker, better leatherthan the v-red version, and many have said they seem like they won'tcrease as easily. but time will tell.

i'm just sayin', this whole "bad materials" argument just isn't holding up right now...

sure, you might prefer durabuck, but doesn't mean that this nubuck is "bad material"... as many have said now, nubuck is actually a better material than durabuck.
laugh.gif

fams if u happy with your pair then thats you..i got da pack and da suede on da black pair is garbage compared to my DMP VI pair made outta durabuck...

durabuck doesn't turn grey...one wipe with a wet towel and they 100% good again....can't say da same for these jordans that turn WILD ashy within a couple

months...

oh really? cuz i got my black varsity reds stepped on bad the first night i wore them and wiped 'em right off, perfect looking after, no problems.

and there's two threads with dozens of posts by varsity red owners saying their pairs still look fan freakin' tastic after 30 + wears...

haven't seen one person say their pair looks "wild ashy", even after 6 months and tons of wears...

i'd be the first to admit if this material was really that bad, but so far, it just aint...

stop fabricating stuff just to try to hold up your argument.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by ehbball88

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

cool story bro.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Don't forget craigslist sales/meet up's sales. I made more money off of my local craigslist and put all of the extra cash in my pocket. I was only out of gas money. I sold 5 pairs locally for $470 and I just sold (locally) a size 9 & 10.5 the other day for $400. Heck I sold one, while I was in the barbers chair/getting my hair cut. I gave him a break on the price, because he was the homie.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by xX LeGod Xx

bad materials.

that's what i don't get. how are these bad materials?

we got 2 threads now, "how are your v-red black vi's holding up?", withdozens and dozens of posts claiming that since they dropped in january,there's been no problems with the nubuck used on the blacks. they cleanoff easy, no fading, still look black, don't turn grey like durabuck, don't have wrinkles like durabuck, haven't been creasing, manyclaim they still look DS after 30+ wears...

the whites in the infrared pack clearly have a thicker, better leatherthan the v-red version, and many have said they seem like they won'tcrease as easily. but time will tell.

i'm just sayin', this whole "bad materials" argument just isn't holding up right now...

sure, you might prefer durabuck, but doesn't mean that this nubuck is "bad material"... as many have said now, nubuck is actually a better material than durabuck.
laugh.gif

fams if u happy with your pair then thats you..i got da pack and da suede on da black pair is garbage compared to my DMP VI pair made outta durabuck...

durabuck doesn't turn grey...one wipe with a wet towel and they 100% good again....can't say da same for these jordans that turn WILD ashy within a couple

months...

oh really? cuz i got my black varsity reds stepped on bad the first night i wore them and wiped 'em right off, perfect looking after, no problems.

and there's two threads with dozens of posts by varsity red owners saying their pairs still look fan freakin' tastic after 30 + wears...

haven't seen one person say their pair looks "wild ashy", even after 6 months and tons of wears...

i'd be the first to admit if this material was really that bad, but so far, it just aint...

stop fabricating stuff just to try to hold up your argument.
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

there's a reason its called DURAbuck..second, you're gonna take da word of a bunch of dudes who probably been babying their pairs for 30+ wears?

how about ask da REST of da people who bought em, you know...like NONsneakerheads...you think a sneaker like that lasted for em?
laugh.gif
i haven't seen

these fresh on ANYONE for months, except da kid & girls who were awarded DURABUCK on their edition of da shoes.

da fact of da matter is if that da black pair was INDEED durabuck instead of da horsey hair crap we were delt these would've sold THAT much faster.

These are going for dirt on eBay. 350-360 shipped. That's actually losing money with all the eBay/paypal fees + shipping LOL

I love this. All those resellers who got all those pairs are making ZERO profit. they are trying to sell them so bad that they drop the price to 370-410 and they don't consider the paypal and ebay fees they are paying and they actually take a loss.  I bought half of the pack for 174 shipped and will pick up the other half sometime this year for cheap as well.

People fail to see when there are so many of one shoe in a market, it instantly decreases the value of the sneakers.

To those who think there packs arent selling just hang in there. Dudes like Kojomesa have no clue to what there talkin about.Its not that we ,as in Nt'ers didnt sell our packs quick enough its that the economy is double dipping into a recession. in due time these will go up in pricing!I just sold my sz12 pack  for $290 plus some VNDS Nike Unluckies Sb's(sz13) in my opinion i think i came up.

im not going to lie i bought the pack yesturday on craigslist for less than retail 290.00 2 be exact the person i got the pack from had bought 5 packs he told me they were hard 2 sell for what he wanted so he told me that he wanted 2 break even but i gave him 290.00 and he took it im still not impressed so im keeping the white/infas maybe get rid of the black ones

im not going to lie i bought the pack yesturday on craigslist for less than retail 290.00 2 be exact the person i got the pack from had bought 5 packs he told me they were hard 2 sell for what he wanted so he told me that he wanted 2 break even but i gave him 290.00 and he took it im still not impressed so im keeping the white/infas maybe get rid of the black ones

Ha Ha, so glad resellers are losing their money, hoping they lose interest in reselling, and then it can go back how it used to be.

Maybe one day.

hearing about all you guys coming up on pairs for cheap makes me feel like trying lol.
I already have the black varsities but im on the fence about buying the white infrareds.
honest opinion, which pair is worth buying the white varsities or the white infrareds?

Just received my pack from eBay, $370 shipped. Not bad for not having to go early in the morning and waiting in long lines like I did in my college days. I'd rather pay a little more now for a lot less hassle.

Latest day-by-day update on late order placed on FNL after noticing sizes 8.5 and 11 still in my cart on 6/25/10:
  • Friday 6/25/10 - Successful Check Out, Order Placed; Confirmation Number Emailed
  • Saturday 6/26/10 - Status: Processing
  • Sunday 6/27/10 - Status: Processing
  • Monday 6/28/10 - Status: Processing
  • Tuesday 6/29/10 - Status: Processing
  • Wednesday 6/30/10 - Shipment Confirmation email received with actual UPS tracking number. (Website status still says 'Processing')
  • Thursday 7/1/10 - Status: Partially Shipped (UPS tracking number received for size 8.5 pair. Shipping from Austin, TX; Size 11 pair's status: Processing)
  • Friday 7/2/10 - Status: Partially Shipped (Size 8.5 shipped; Size 11 still processing)
  • (HOLIDAY WEEKEND)
  • Monday 7/5/10 - Status: Partially Shipped (Size 8.5 shipped; Size 11 still processing)
  • Tuesday 7/6/10 - Status: Partially Shipped (Size 8.5 delivered to residence; Size 11 still processing)
This is the longest I've ever seen an FNL order process.  Very interesting that FNL is taking this long, when they could have canceled the other half of my order days a week ago. 
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom