AJVI Infrared Pack *OFFICIAL THREAD* NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING/SPLITTING!

there's 2 tricks you can use to resell these on feebay... do a low buy it now with a shipping cost that makes up the rest, and break up the pack and sell 'em individually (you can make a lot more profit this way).

thru doing that i actually don't have many left to resell anymore, and need to update my sig. by the end i will have gotten one of my 2 packs for free, and that's all i was looking to do.

couple other tips:

don't ship priority, way too expensive. standard is just fine and waaaaay cheaper... shipping a size 10.5 across the country was $46.00 if i used priority, but only $16.00 with standard.

also, just go to your local super walmart in the middle of the night when they're stocking and you can catch any size box you'd ever need to double box, for free...

Just to let you know, the term 'durabuck' actually stems from the word 'durable'.

So yeah, your desperate suede vs nubuck vs durabuck argument is getting old.

This Infrared package does NOT feature any nubuck, regardless of what any eastbay item description says. These are suede. Same material that came on the varsity red 6's.

Im good on these they are dope but id rather get both varsity red pairs. Theyre cheaper and look just as good. i think people dont like them as much just because they are not infared and thats it

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Just to let you know, the term 'durabuck' actually stems from the word 'durable'.

This Infrared package does NOT feature any nubuck, regardless of what any eastbay item description says. These are suede. Same material that came on the varsity red 6's.
Sorry, these are nubuck; Nike reps confirmed it in this thread.  Nubuck is the same material used on the Varsities and, if I'm not mistaken, on Timberland boots.

uumm, jordan brand and nike have both confirmed these (both the v-red and infrared) to be nubuck, not suede.

suede is much thicker anyways.

of course it stems from "durable", doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.

doesn't mean that this new material isn't durable tho. it's your desperate attempt to discredit this release based on the material that is tired. by all accounts this nubuck material is durable as well. even if it is inferior somehow, i much prefer it's midnight black color over the charcoal grey color of the durabuck...

Well hopefully that'll stop the average or new resellers trying to get in the game, but you have to realize most veteran resellers get shoes on discounts so even selling at retail makes them a decent profit at volume.

Well if there is nubuck, that's by far the worst I've seen come from JB/Nike.

I dont ever remember nubuck looking ashy every time someone took a picture with the flash on..

I dont ever remember nubuck looking ashy every time someone took a picture with the flash on..
They look a deeper black than durabuck and are not ashy.  Personally, I would have preferred the durabuck because I'm a purist, but the use of nubuck is not a terrible tragedy.

Originally Posted by Trav T

They look a deeper black than durabuck and are not ashy.  Personally, I would have preferred the durabuck because I'm a purist, but the use of nubuck is not a terrible tragedy.

think i read that the OG wasn't durabuck either...

Oh yes they were 
laugh.gif

wore my blk pair yesterday and saturday. only complaint is that they get hot as hell. feet were burning at the Yankee game.

who gives a #%%* what the material is called? who gives a #%%* if the material on the new retro lasts 1 month longer then the OG's!!?? they still look like horse-#%%* in comparison to the OG's!!!
like Anomaly said a few pages back, the shoe is supposed to look a certain way , the way it was created in the first place! Try to imagine an air max 90 without the nike air on the back , replaced with a big N and erase the swoosh on the side and replace it with a big AIR MAX ...WHAT FRESH RETRO THAT WOULD BE!!!

Oh yes they were 
laugh.gif

yeah, they were, it was the back panel being slightly different on the OG's that threw me off...

none the less, my whole point is LOL at those of you acting like these are terrible because they used nubuck... it's making it obvious that people just wanna complain and discredit everything. i have a feeling that even if these were made with durabuck it'd be something else you'd be ranting over, because this forum is full of negative stuff like that, and people always looking to one up the next man. you're the guy who clowned everyone so hard in this thread early on for even thinking this pack would drop. i had my doubts like a lot of people, sure, but you seemed so sure you knew they weren't and it turned out you didn't know crap.

it'd be nice if everything remained exactly the same, but let's be real here, nobody's buying these to go play ball in, it's been 20 years, there are far better basketball shoes being made now... they're buying them to wear around because they look cool and for nostalgic purposes.

it's not like these are terrible because of nubuck and are gonna fall apart on ya any time soon... and it's not like durabuck was the best material evar. i've seen plenty pics of it super wrinkled, faded, and bad looking...

i doubt if all these reseller's bought the packs at retail. im sure the guys who bought multiples got some kind of discount or they wouldnt sell for a loss.

U obviously dnt kno wat u sayin...r u sayin that if i chnged da name to duranubuck it wld make a difference??
deez r in fact nubuck...suede is the raging bull 5's or the red 21's

not all leather is exact so sayin that durabuck is better cuz it has dura aint a good argument at all.

nubuck is a natural letaher while durabuck is synthetic leather.

Thanks for those who replied about retail + tax question I posted earlier, just wondering because I found a pair for $342 shipped on ebay
laugh.gif
  So I basically paid retail, plus they get shipped to my house...no hassle!

Originally Posted by Young Christin

Im good on these they are dope but id rather get both varsity red pairs. Theyre cheaper and look just as good. i think people dont like them as much just because they are not infared and thats it
The ticket price is only $10 cheaper for both Varsity's. Why would'nt you pay $10 more, unless you just prefer the varsity's. If so, I understand, because you can have what you want. If you do prefer the Infrareds, but feel that it's cheaper to get both pairs of varsity's; I wouldn't do it. I wouldn't do it because it adds up to only a $10 difference. Do what you do...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by mikecabrera

I decided to break it down to see what resellers were making on the pack.  This is factored with Buy-It-Now fees and considering the ending price of $400.  (We all know they do not end at $400 anymore.  They are ending at an average from $345 to approximately $375 as of 7/5/10)  This does not also factor in the costs of shipping (possibly buying a box to ship these) and costs of gas to post office/UPS etc.

I included two ending scenerios if a buyer were to receive $400 or $375 ending auction prices.  The results are as follows. 

CONCLUSION:  Basically, anyone who resold these at $400 didn't even make a $10 profit after putting all the work into this.  Anyone who sold it at $375 incurred a loss of almost $13.  All resellers who are sellling for less than $375 are taking more worse losses.  Congrats to those individuals!  They got OWNED by their own greed.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

cool story bro.
guess you never accounted for dudes that sold on NT and didnt pay ebay or paypal fees.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

Originally Posted by xX LeGod Xx

bad materials.

that's what i don't get. how are these bad materials?

we got 2 threads now, "how are your v-red black vi's holding up?", withdozens and dozens of posts claiming that since they dropped in january,there's been no problems with the nubuck used on the blacks. they cleanoff easy, no fading, still look black, don't turn grey like durabuck, don't have wrinkles like durabuck, haven't been creasing, manyclaim they still look DS after 30+ wears...

the whites in the infrared pack clearly have a thicker, better leatherthan the v-red version, and many have said they seem like they won'tcrease as easily. but time will tell.

i'm just sayin', this whole "bad materials" argument just isn't holding up right now...

sure, you might prefer durabuck, but doesn't mean that this nubuck is "bad material"... as many have said now, nubuck is actually a better material than durabuck.
laugh.gif

fams if u happy with your pair then thats you..i got da pack and da suede on da black pair is garbage compared to my DMP VI pair made outta durabuck...

durabuck doesn't turn grey...one wipe with a wet towel and they 100% good again....can't say da same for these jordans that turn WILD ashy within a couple

months...

Originally Posted by sincere

Originally Posted by Young Christin

The ticket price is only $10 cheaper for both Varsity's. Why would'nt you pay $10 more, unless you just prefer the varsity's. If so, I understand, because you can have what you want. If you do prefer the Infrareds, but feel that it's cheaper to get both pairs of varsity's; I wouldn't do it. I wouldn't do it because it adds up to only a $10 difference. Do what you do...
pimp.gif
Don't play dumb.  Yes, it's a $10 difference.........IF you're stupid enough to pay retail for the varsity reds, but it has already been brought up several times in this thread that you can pick up the black varsities for well below retail (several outlets had them for $100, and the South Chicago outlet had them on the hashwall during a 20% off sale).  You could easily get both varsities for $250 or less if you look around a bit.

Originally Posted by Juice2352

Thanksfor those who replied about retail + tax question I posted earlier,just wondering because I found a pair for $342 shipped on ebay
laugh.gif
  So I basically paid retail, plus they get shipped to my house...no hassle!
That's a few cents over what I paid after Cook County's 10.25% sales tax.
mad.gif

Durabuck is the same material used on the 8's right? i.e the Playoffs/Aquas etc

Back
Top Bottom