Akron disowned Lebron today..

Originally Posted by bittersweet

RKO, you're supposed to be a man of God ... Cleveland damn near worshiped that man. Disgusting.

If Derrick Rose left Chicago, we'd be sad but we aren't going to disown that man. Stop playing.

It's just freaking basketball, I don't like the way he left Cleveland with the press conference but life goes on.

Just hating the man & throwing dust on him is OD. Y'all should be thanking him for playing his heart out for 7 years with you guys.
I thank him for nothing. I don't really follow the NBA too much plus I live in Cincinnati.

Worshiped him? Yeah I guess you can somewhat say that, but so has every sports city one time or another. I'm a God fearing man but I know how a sports fan mind works. Loyalty is key. Especially with a superstar who has buttered the areas biscuits' for 7 years.

If Jordan left the Bulls for NY or Detroit in his hey day, He'd be disowned too.

You want to talk worship though? Jordan has a statue in front of your arena, which is in my opinion equal if not worse then what Cleveland/Akron has done
laugh.gif

If I was a Cavs faithful, I'd be mad too. Its cool He put the Cavs back on the basketball map but that's all he'd get thanks for. Life does and will go on. I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't already looking to the future.

He dug his whole like, T.O., AROD, and many others. Good luck to him and his fam, but I view him as a piggy backing ring chaser.

Originally Posted by bittersweet

RKO, you're supposed to be a man of God ... Cleveland damn near worshiped that man. Disgusting.

If Derrick Rose left Chicago, we'd be sad but we aren't going to disown that man. Stop playing.

It's just freaking basketball, I don't like the way he left Cleveland with the press conference but life goes on.

Just hating the man & throwing dust on him is OD. Y'all should be thanking him for playing his heart out for 7 years with you guys.
I thank him for nothing. I don't really follow the NBA too much plus I live in Cincinnati.

Worshiped him? Yeah I guess you can somewhat say that, but so has every sports city one time or another. I'm a God fearing man but I know how a sports fan mind works. Loyalty is key. Especially with a superstar who has buttered the areas biscuits' for 7 years.

If Jordan left the Bulls for NY or Detroit in his hey day, He'd be disowned too.

You want to talk worship though? Jordan has a statue in front of your arena, which is in my opinion equal if not worse then what Cleveland/Akron has done
laugh.gif

If I was a Cavs faithful, I'd be mad too. Its cool He put the Cavs back on the basketball map but that's all he'd get thanks for. Life does and will go on. I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't already looking to the future.

He dug his whole like, T.O., AROD, and many others. Good luck to him and his fam, but I view him as a piggy backing ring chaser.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Originally Posted by gregbutler20

I know some probably won't agree with me, but basketball players actually do owe the fans everything. They make the person the superstar. Without them, they are just normal everyday people. Nobody should worship anybody on tv, but some do, and because of this they are able to make the money and live the lives that they do. Thats why a fire fighter doesn't make as much as a pro athlete and in some cases the dogs and cats you see in movies. It's crazy, but nobody wants to pay to see a fire fighter, and nobody wants to see him talk, except for 1st graders.

This is why I believe that not just lebron but all athletes owe an explanation to their fans whenever they decide to defect to other teams or do something that affects/ shames them, the city, or the organization. I'm not saying that they need to give explanation everytime they cheat, divorce, take a piss without wiping the toilet seat, but Lebron should have at least reached out to them with a more heartfelt goodbye. I mean, what if we all decided we weren't going to buy tickets, sneakers, etc. Then Lebron would never be able to afford to look at lofts in Miami. He has what he has, because we give what we have. If fans don't want Lebron (I don't care about him BTW), neither do teams, endorsers, or many of those that hang in his entourage. That's why people are pissed. This dude blatantly said on TV that not only did Cleveland have the first shot at signing him, but that was where his heart was. Then puts on a hour long special to say that he was out. Very rude way of saying goodbye to those that believed in you.
I disagree, and especially in LeBron's case given the MILLIONS the city has been making off him since he was in high school, and they were putting his games on PPV and playing at Akron college and even a few games at Gund Arena, outselling the Cavaliers. He literally is their economy. The whole downtown revolves around Cavs games, the bars, restaurants, everything will suffer with him gone plus obviously ticket sales, tv revenue, and the on court product. They should feel blessed they had him give them something to be happy about for so long.

It's one of the most depressed, miserable cities in the US. AND on top of that, Dan Gilbert and crew weren't able to deliver the needed pieces to win a title. He would be stupid to have stayed there honestly. Better city- check. Better team- check. No state tax- check. Easy decision
laugh.gif
this is ******ed.  So just because you're a big star that justifies being a classless jerk to your home state?  The guy is a loser at heart and he proved it with the way he acted. 

I know some probably won't agree with me, but basketball players actually do owe the fans everything. They make the person the superstar. Without them, they are just normal everyday people. Nobody should worship anybody on tv, but some do, and because of this they are able to make the money and live the lives that they do. Thats why a fire fighter doesn't make as much as a pro athlete and in some cases the dogs and cats you see in movies. It's crazy, but nobody wants to pay to see a fire fighter, and nobody wants to see him talk, except for 1st graders.

This is why I believe that not just lebron but all athletes owe an explanation to their fans whenever they decide to defect to other teams or do something that affects/ shames them, the city, or the organization. I'm not saying that they need to give explanation everytime they cheat, divorce, take a piss without wiping the toilet seat, but Lebron should have at least reached out to them with a more heartfelt goodbye. I mean, what if we all decided we weren't going to buy tickets, sneakers, etc. Then Lebron would never be able to afford to look at lofts in Miami. He has what he has, because we give what we have. If fans don't want Lebron (I don't care about him BTW), neither do teams, endorsers, or many of those that hang in his entourage. That's why people are pissed. This dude blatantly said on TV that not only did Cleveland have the first shot at signing him, but that was where his heart was. Then puts on a hour long special to say that he was out. Very rude way of saying goodbye to those that believed in you.
I disagree, and especially in LeBron's case given the MILLIONS the city has been making off him since he was in high school, and they were putting his games on PPV and playing at Akron college and even a few games at Gund Arena, outselling the Cavaliers. He literally is their economy. The whole downtown revolves around Cavs games, the bars, restaurants, everything will suffer with him gone plus obviously ticket sales, tv revenue, and the on court product. They should feel blessed they had him give them something to be happy about for so long.

It's one of the most depressed, miserable cities in the US. AND on top of that, Dan Gilbert and crew weren't able to deliver the needed pieces to win a title. He would be stupid to have stayed there honestly. Better city- check. Better team- check. No state tax- check. Easy decision
laugh.gif
this is ******ed.  So just because you're a big star that justifies being a classless jerk to your home state?  The guy is a loser at heart and he proved it with the way he acted. 

Originally Posted by DTruth07

eek.gif

"Damn homie, in high school you was the man homie....!$@ happened to you..."
roll.gif

indifferent.gif

this *%%$ makes no sense.

akron should be thankful Lebron at least put them on the map.

Originally Posted by DTruth07

eek.gif

"Damn homie, in high school you was the man homie....!$@ happened to you..."
roll.gif

indifferent.gif

this *%%$ makes no sense.

akron should be thankful Lebron at least put them on the map.

How is Dan Gilbert able to dodge so much blame for blatantly lying about firing Mike Brown, only to fire him a few weeks later? Firing Danny Ferry? Then he wants to throw the word loyalty around? He talks about turning your back on people in your hometown to go somewhere new, yet remember they tried to pry Izzo from Michigan State, which would have been the same thing. But it's ok then when it's benefitting him I guess.

Teams trade players without so much as a call all the time, even after assuring them they won't be traded. And everybody says "well it's jus business," and never attacks them, yet when LeBron leaves through free agency, when that is the entire purpose of it, for greener pastures he becomes everybody's most hated. Hilarious.

How is Dan Gilbert able to dodge so much blame for blatantly lying about firing Mike Brown, only to fire him a few weeks later? Firing Danny Ferry? Then he wants to throw the word loyalty around? He talks about turning your back on people in your hometown to go somewhere new, yet remember they tried to pry Izzo from Michigan State, which would have been the same thing. But it's ok then when it's benefitting him I guess.

Teams trade players without so much as a call all the time, even after assuring them they won't be traded. And everybody says "well it's jus business," and never attacks them, yet when LeBron leaves through free agency, when that is the entire purpose of it, for greener pastures he becomes everybody's most hated. Hilarious.

Who cares? He's now loved in the city with the more nightlife and more beautiful women than any other city in America, Akron can now go back to being irrelevant.

Who cares? He's now loved in the city with the more nightlife and more beautiful women than any other city in America, Akron can now go back to being irrelevant.

QFT. But no one will listen people already have their mind made up in this situation.

QFT. But no one will listen people already have their mind made up in this situation.

I never thought they'd do this, they're taking it too far with this.

RIP Ohio

I don't see the big deal. I mean it is Ohio. If they want to disown and distance themselves from their only claim to fame let them. They obviously prefer the reputation of a state full of paupers.

I don't see the big deal. I mean it is Ohio. If they want to disown and distance themselves from their only claim to fame let them. They obviously prefer the reputation of a state full of paupers.

I never thought they'd do this, they're taking it too far with this.

RIP Ohio

I disagree wholeheartedly with some of these notions

These dudes are working their whole lives to become NBA players..the people they owe certainly aren't the fans

the organization owes the fans, the players are just employees, pawns in this game

you say they're everyday normal people w/o fans..that's bull %%!%

cleveland fans have taken this thing all wrong..did lebron choose to play for cleveland? or was he chosen? that city and state has profited off him greatly

perhaps they should feel jilted, but %%#$!# are treating lebron as if they owned his rights..he made the choice to be a %*#%! made %@+*$, and that was his right

akron disowning him is a wack move..dude'l be crying in d-wade's arms when he gets wind of this

Back
Top Bottom