Alabama Footwash? Yoooooo

public

Banned
So I am here at work with my boss, and he puts me on to this festival called "Footwash" in the woods of Alabama. I dont know all the facts, but apparently it started off as this family reunion for a family in Alabama. People would leave and move up in society to the big city, but still come back and celebrate every year. Over time, this tradition has gotten more and more ratchet, and it is all kinds of stuff going on. Weapons selling, strippers, music, food and all the like.

The next one is this September actually, but I was wondering if anyone has some more insight on this gathering?

So I am here at work with my boss, and he puts me on to this festival called "Footwash" in the woods of Alabama. I dont know all the facts, but apparently it started off as this family reunion for a family in Alabama. People would leave and move up in society to the big city, but still come back and celebrate every year. Over time, this tradition has gotten more and more ratchet, and it is all kinds of stuff going on. Weapons selling, strippers, music, food and all the like.
:x :smh: How?

Last edited:
Oddly, this began as a religious event many years ago symbolizing Jesus getting his feet washed or something like that. I've never been nor do I want to go.

My people on my dad side of the family live in that way, and they were constantly asking me if I was coming down to this. I told them "hell no". I didn't know it went down like this though.

It doesn't look like there's any foot washing going on there.

Reported for misleading title.

Back
Top Bottom