Evidence - Cats & Dogs
ASAP Rocky - LiveLoveA$ap
Freddie Gibbs - Cold Day In Hell
Neako - The Number 23
J Cole - Cole World
Dom Kennedy - From The Westwide With Love 2
Pusha T - Fear Of God 2
Kanye West & Jay Z - Watch The Throne

Sorry for no non hip hop albums but I dont keep up with other genres n I prolly forgot a few albums, o well

Kendrick Lamar - Section 80 is my fav album this year

Honorable mentions
2 Chainz - TRU REALigion
Evidence - Cats & Dogs
ASAP Rocky - LiveLoveA$ap
Freddie Gibbs - Cold Day In Hell
Neako - The Number 23
J Cole - Cole World
Dom Kennedy - From The Westwide With Love 2
Pusha T - Fear Of God 2
Kanye West & Jay Z - Watch The Throne

Sorry for no non hip hop albums but I dont keep up with other genres n I prolly forgot a few albums, o well

A few I forgot, the Cunninlynguists and the Machinedrums posted on the other page were great.

A few others too...my noodle is fried right now.

Man I can't even front, this was a good year for music. Didn't we just do this? Anyway, in some order;
1) Big K.R.I.T. - Return of 4Eva and The Weeknd - House of Balloons 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Curren$y  -Weekend at Burnie's

Dom Kennedy - FTWSWL Part Deuce

Drake - Take Care

J.Cole - Cole World

Big Sean - Finally Famous

Kendrick Lamar - Section 80

The Weeknd - Thursday

wtt, section 80, camp, thursday, house of balloons, nostalgia ultra, 21, return of 4eva, drake's r&b album, and 1977

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

lol @ all the WTT mentions, zero replay value

The Roots UNDUN album dropped just in time, haven't heard a better album this entire year.

word (on both sentiments)....WTT is not good, and that's coming from a huge Jay fan.
UNDUN....take away all the hype...take all the critical acclaim...take away all the attention garnered on the concept....strip away all that and you still have an album that you can play all the way through, where every song is great and can stand by itself irrespective of the concept.  It is almost a perfect.

how does an album with no alleged replay value have a number 1 hip-hop/r&b single in the country though? and a top 10 charting single overall

be honest, some of yall don't like WTT because of how popular it is

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

how does an album with no alleged replay value have a number 1 hip-hop/r&b single in the country though? and a top 10 charting single overall

So let me get this straight, there is a direct correlation in singles charts and the quality of an album? Got it. Makes a lot of sense.

Originally Posted by hugebird

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

So let me get this straight, there is a direct correlation in singles charts and the quality of an album? Got it. Makes a lot of sense.

Bingo.

I can't play more than 3-4 songs off the whole album. 

Based on that Plies has like 4 classic albums. 
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom