Help with archiving heaps of old files

An off-topic question, guys: which app should I use to help me quickly organize dozens of scanned files? That spare room in my house that we use as a closet is at its limits, it's just brimming with boxes of old magazines and various office docs we've put there for "reasons"... So, I intend to go in there and burn a few hours just to set aside the files worth saving. Those I deem unworthy of further keeping will be thrown away, obviously...
I borrowed a scanner from a friend of mine, seems up to the task, but I feel I should walk in prepared more than just that :smile: I think the good chunk of the files I'll have to preserve due to legal reasons or plain old sentimentality, and I also want to scan those for digital safekeeping. And that leads me back to my main question: which apps would you say can help me with this?
I want to speed up the process of grouping them together, for example, making it so that each of the scanned photos automatically ends up in a folder named "photos", each scanned sports mag ends up in a folder named "sports", each office doc into a folder labeled as "office", and so on...
Any tips?

I’m also interested in the answers you get since I have to do the same. Also if anyone has tips on a good scanner?

Back
Top Bottom