Album of the Year.

What was the least disappointing major hip-hop album this year?

It's gotta be Watch The Throne, right? What didn't disappoint at least halfway?
Tha Carter IV?
LASERS?
30t6p3b.gif

The RED Album?
Take Care?
I never would've thought after Alone In Vegas that Goblin would end up going harder than Fear of God II.

Unless you thought that J. Cole greatest hits&leaks was what's real good...

Watch the Throne is it half cuz no one else stepped up in a big way. That's the best arena rap of this year.

MrONegative wrote:
What was the least disappointing major hip-hop album this year?

It's gotta be Watch The Throne, right? What didn't disappoint at least halfway?
Tha Carter IV?
LASERS?
30t6p3b.gif

The RED Album?
Take Care?
I never would've thought after Alone In Vegas that Goblin would end up going harder than Fear of God II.

Unless you thought that J. Cole greatest hits&leaks was what's real good...

Watch the Throne is it half cuz no one else stepped up in a big way. That's the best arena rap of this year.
 If dropping a critically acclaimed album means disappointing...
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Gordonson

laugh.gif
I play both to no limit, and recognize that of this trilogy, House of Balloons will go down as the classic, but I still love Thursday more. Son didn't even give me a minute to prepare myself. The msecond that the beat of Lonely Star dropped, the game was over. I literally can't find a weak track on it.

Exact same feelings

Personal Favorites outside of Thursday and HOB:

Nero-Welcome Reality
Nostalgia/Ultra
Spitta-Weekend At Burnies

Went thought this thread again quickly and I don't see Childish Gambino-Camp mentioned which I think the album deserved.

Originally Posted by wildmoodswings

Miami Horror - Illumination

miami-horror-illumination.jpg

Austra - Feel It Break

austra%2B-%2Bfeel%2Bit%2Bbreak.jpg

I was really surprised by both of these. I just started listening to that Miami Horror a couple weeks ago.
Wouldn't say they were my favorites of the year but both were really nice, chill albums.

1. Two-way tie between Nostalgia and WTT
3. Cole World
4. Camp
5. From the Westside With Love 2

Haven't heard Section 80 or Returnofforever yet

Thanks for some of the recs I found in here. Got some new @%+% to listen to...

also I would like to add The Dreamer/The Believer to my list.

His album didn't get much love but I give an honorable mention to Jay Rock's Follow Me Home.....dude had some heat throughout the whole thing

Originally Posted by VicRain24

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

So wait yall really bump WTT from front to back consistently?

dont believe that one bit

Believe it,still have it in rotation in the car and play it all the way through sometime almost every week. Why is so hard to understand that some people really enjoyed it? Great replay value to me

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Believe it,still have it in rotation in the car and play it all the way through sometime almost every week. Why is so hard to understand that some people really enjoyed it? Great replay value to me
Bolded for emphasis (and also qft as it also applies to me as well). 
Top 10 album of the year by critics, platinum status and still selling in the top 50 from this past week. Alot of people like it.

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

This. I don't bump it EVERY day like I used to for a long time. But I still play it several times a week. It's still my go to album at the gym. Nothing gets me amped at the gym like "Who Gon Stop Me," "Ham," and "NIP."

I don't recall an album ever having as much replay value to me as WTT has.

Back
Top Bottom