alcoholics or recovering people what is your story?

I just turned 21 today but I feel like I'm prone to becoming an alcoholic real fast. I feel better when I'm drinking and I don't worry so much. But when I'm sober the next day I feel like complete doom and thoughts aren't positive.

Just wanted to see some stories and get some perspective.

Everything is always good in moderation bruh. You might have thoughts you need to get out if you go back to have negative ones after sobering up, idk.

Happy birthday man

I hope these thoughts don't ruin your day

Be safe and like homie above said it's cool if you do it in moderation

You def don't wanna develop a serious alcohol habit, ishht is bad news for your liver. Have more than a few relatives back home in Nigeria who drank themselves to an early grave

Doctor told me I was borderline alcoholic, so I went all the way.

no, but seriously. I just enjoy being drunk, that's all. Never got drunk to forget something or somebody. I was brought up with my dad showing me there's nothing wrong with drinking in moderation. If I'm driving, that means no alcohol at all. If I'm not driving depending on the situation it could be anywhere from a 6 pack to losing count and my shirt.

Last edited:
Yeah it was destroying **** with me.

I just quit cold turkey after a 3 day booze and coke bender. It sucked but needed to be done. First while was rough. But it got better. It's nice not having people mad at you or having **** to apologize for. Now I got no one to apologize to. It's really not hard to not drink for me. I just remember how **** was. Being sober on the other hand is hard. I had to quit burning to finish probation. Those months were rough on me. I won't ever be sober. It's not me for me. But to hell with the liq. Never did anything good for me.

We all got our vices man. If it's making your life a problem stop it and own that ****. Nothing worse than the dudes who quit drinking every few months for attention. But it is a definate lifestyle change.

Edit. Didn't see you were only 21. No offense. Everything I said still applies. Some people are just in a young and dumb phase vs. Drinking problem. If it's you getting wasted with the crew every night you might just want to lay off the partying for a while before a drinking problem.

Last edited:
Go see a therapist fam. If it's serious you may end up with a psychiatrist and a prescription for a possible condition. At the very least talking it out should do you some good.

While the feelings are normal and common in most ppl your behavior in dealing with that issue isn't normal or healthy.

I like being drunk.

I'm happy as hell and having one hell of time.

However, I weigh in the consequences of drinking and not drinking.

Not drinking is better.

No empty calories.

No money spent.

Only drink when its free breh :pimp:

I got 3 years, and 4 months, and 15 days of Sobriety in the Program of Alcoholics Anonymous, someone showed me the AA book back when I was 20 years old. I read it, and thought it was a 1930's salesmans pitch. Fast forward to 8 years later and alcohol would come back to all but cut me to ribbons....

It's also a Boomerang "Euphamism" that the cofounder of AA uses in his story. It's based on the Will of the Alcoholic, when cofounder BILL W's Grandfather tells him he can't build a boomerang that will come back, he sets out to do so as a kid. LOL!!

My sponsor chain includes this guy Johnny O' who used to run with Chuck C. and who got sober in the 60's. I heard him speak the first meeting I went to with the Group I run with; The BELLFLOWER BIG BOOK GROUP out of Long Beach & Surrounding areas. On Monday nights Our Home Group meeting boasts nearly 500 people. BIGGER than most AA conventions.

It turns out that Bill W. was actually trying to profit off of the sales of the big book, but the original group wouldn't let him.

See in my story I say nothing of Alcohol, just as our 12 steps only mention the word "Alcohol" but once.

B B B But I'm not an alcoholic, surely I need another fellowship such as NA, or CA, """" Sure you can go to those fellowships, but as long as you work out of the AA book you'll be good.

The whole program centers around the constant thought of others, and how you may meet their needs. Whenever I see a bum, or a person who I think I'm better than I'm sure to tell myself that this is my brother / sister, how can I help them. We're both humans in this world, my success depends on yours.

HAVE A NICE DAY:tongue:

I like an occasional drink. Those who know me would consider me a heavy drinker, but that's only on the weekends. I've slowed down on the anti-social drinking. Which I saw as a problem. Only red wine, and beer if I'm not out

Cold turkey a year now almost ...
Smoking almost maybe 6 months soon will resume but I rest off that from time to time...

You gotta just man up and control yourself.. Nothing else needed
Of course much easy for some than others but it is what it is

Lift weights instead..
keep you out of trouble and u stay healthy.. Alcohol at older ages and elevated stages can have u making insane decisions even life changing that u just normally wud never do..

Real talk, my coworker is a former drug addict/alcoholic. His dad is loaded with money so all he did was get f'd up on his dad's money. He got in such bad shape that he was pretty much homeless. His parents came to rescue him and gave him an ultimatum, stay homeless or come back to California, but you gotta clean up and go to rehab. Also in the deal was for him to go to AA for the rest of his life.

From my knowledge, he's been doing this for years now and he attends 2 meetings a week and he is also a guest speaker that travels the country to do assemblies. He manages the after hours AA hotline for people in need. He also became the biggest douchebag in the world. So I don't give a damn about him. My word of advice, get a grip on yourself. He feels we should commend him for overcoming such an obstacle. He came in being a cool guy who then worked his way up to being an a-hole, to d-bag, and he is now referred to at work as MF'er.

Last edited:
^ :lol:

i drink way too much but it has yet to effect my work or anything else. It slowed down as I got older. The same may happen for you. College was wild, but now at 26 I can't drink half of what I used to.

When I stopped smoking tree the drinking increased.

Last edited:
Granted, life is better buzzed. But. Moderation is key.

I love the feeling of inebriation, but I realize I can't live that way. Plus I hate hangovers.

Just learn how to drink in moderation and you'll be okay.

Quitting is for quitters.

Lol y'all dudes can't just have like 2-3 drinks and chill? Couple drinks and y'all talking about alcoholism.

I black out after I'm buzzed. You would never know and I'll have a coherent convo with you just fine. But I will be blacked out. Hit my head real hard. It's not always that black and white.

Lol y'all dudes can't just have like 2-3 drinks and chill? Couple drinks and y'all talking about alcoholism.

I black out after I'm buzzed. You would never know and I'll have a coherent convo with you just fine. But I will be blacked out. Hit my head real hard. It's not always that black and white.
Thats real man .

Last edited:
Yeah man, after this head injury I got I am good for about 4 beers then bam! Power blackout. :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom