All 144 NikeTalk New Era fitted caps have been SOLD. Thank you for your support!

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

Originally Posted by do work son

team 7 1/8 checking in. not a huge fan of the patch, the new era flag wouldve done just fine but it's still copped
kangaroobombs wrote:
I need a 7 1/8

you two !!#%@! better stay outta my way! 
pimp.gif

MrBrown wrote:
With the faded NT t-shirt

stalin

lol i sleep in my NT shirt now, might have to cop a new one for this fitted tho. keep the fitted on ice until the summer. 
breakin mad necks. gettin "Cobra Kai" stitched on the back.

ALSO, what's good with the NT tee for this year?

Others-buying-my-hat-size-of-an-exclusive-NT-fitted-Challenge-Accepted.jpg

I'm def coppin and getting my SN stitched. *alarm set for 11:45 pm 2/11*

Verizon FiOS FTW

hat is awesome, like everything about it except the limited quantity. oh well the hunt is what we live for, ill be up at 12 trying to get mine. GL to all and congrats to nike talk, you guys created the mecca of internet sneaker communities.

i understand its "going to a good cause," but i would of liked the hats to be retail, for the sake of the NT "community," not to raise money i know im in the minority but 

They are retail.  The $44 price people are tossing around includes shipping.  Visit ecapcity.com and compare the price of our fitted to other 59fifty caps.  It's a standard price. 
Meth....send the hats back and get them done right!

Which scenario sounds more appealing to you:

In three months, we could either be selling our FIRST NikeTalk fitted cap or our SECOND.  Scaling down to a smaller patch isn't an option without a redesign.  Clarity matters.   The patch is the ideal size given the design and that's what we're rolling with.  Plenty of people seem to like it and hopefully we'll have no problems selling through.
so is there confirmation there will be a 2nd run?

No.  We need to sell through the 144 we have before we worry about a second run.  We're not making any assumptions.  I appreciate the interest displayed thus far, but it still needs to translate into actual sales.
truth be told, if detail was an issue. you could have switched the logos. the anniversary logo could have went on the front with all its detail with the NT logo on the side in its smaller form........#win-win #justsayin

I can all but guarantee you that your proposal would be far more criticized than the current design.  People want the NT logo front and center.  That's the one expectation for the first run cap that you can't betray. 

It's something special to help celebrate a decade of NikeTalk.  Ours is hardly the most ostentatious cap out there.
- i guess its safe to say it wont matter how many different runs or designs, we wont be getting a wool one.

At least as long as I have any say in the matter.  

The material we're using is very high quality and is used in other official New Era 59Fifty products.   We spared no expense to create the highest quality product possible and we hope that's evident to those who purchase the cap. 

Meth....send the hats back and get them done right!
Easier said than done.  When dealing with New Era, you basically take what they give you.  While the quality of the product is top notch, they're attention to specific detail is sometimes lacking.  Im grateful that the only issues with the final product was the size of the patch and the lack of a multicolored New Era logo which I don't think they're capable of doing at the moment.

For those spewing out other colorway ideas, we came up with several colorways, but New Era didn't have enough cotton twill in those colors to cover our order so we decided to do what's best and did the entire order in black.  Like Meth said, we need to gauge how these sell before confirming anything about a second run.

For those that would be embarrassed about wearing an NT fitted in public, dont bother getting one.  Let those that really want it get it.

<>

I've always wondered why the horizontal part of the "T" is narrower than any of the other parts of the NT logo. Always made it look off a bit to me.
Anyway, I like this hat, very well done. Hopefully there will be some available in the morning. I'm not trying to stay up refreshing E-Cap city every 5 minutes. I mean, this isn't a Canucks fitted. 
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Sorry if I missed the answer, what's the significance of the "do you know?"
Homage to the Spike Lee/Michael Jordan commercials from the '90s.

It's like "do you know, do you know, do you know" NT is the best sneaker messageboard around.

Just a thought:For the next NT fitted, why not just take a poll with some of the top designs? Possibly even a way for some of us to submit designs. Some people like to complain (world to the JB forum). This way it would eliminate most of the complaining and it would give most of us feel like we had more input.

This hat makes me feel great about Nt
this community has gone far in the sneakerworld
i will be proud to rock one of these in public and cant wait till i c another Nt'r with one
chopping it up with forum fam is always fun i have met great people on hear at sneaker releases and just in general

Only been on Nt for about 2 1/2 yrs but it has been an awesome experience

Thx for the official fitted Meth

design is
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Method Man

i understand its "going to a good cause," but i would of liked the hats to be retail, for the sake of the NT "community," not to raise money  i know im in the minority but 

They are retail.  The $44 price people are tossing around includes shipping.  Visit ecapcity.com and compare the price of our fitted to other 59fifty caps.  It's a standard price. 

ok maybe i didnt say it right. i would have liked the hats to be at cost (after tax and shipping, misc. fees), for the sake of the NT "community"

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

i understand its "going to a good cause," but i would of liked the hats to be retail, for the sake of the NT "community," not to raise money  i know im in the minority but 

ok maybe i didnt say it right. i would have liked the hats to be at cost (after tax and shipping, misc. fees), for the sake of the NT "community"
laugh.gif
You serious fam? That's not even possible...

If im able to cop one, I just hope that sizing is on point!!!!

and if not.... I hope someone that cops and doesn't want to keep it sells it to me.
devil.gif

Originally Posted by snakeyes17

laugh.gif

This.
They have to make some money for chaity after the New Era expense.

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

Originally Posted by snakeyes17

laugh.gif
This.
They have to make some money for chaity after the New Era expense.

laugh.gif
  im not trying to sound salty, but why do they HAVE to make money for charity? My reasoning is because it's supposed to be for the "community." these arent going into major production and gonna be at every lids, just a small run. it's like charging your family for a favor that you could do for free
laugh.gif
 **shrugs**

if they sold them at cost, AFTER, shipping and tax, how would they pay new era for these in the first place? how would they cover future runs? what would they donate to charity?

you sir are a cheap bastard

Back
Top Bottom