All 144 NikeTalk New Era fitted caps have been SOLD. Thank you for your support!

Man all I need is that darn fitted in a 7 a flat 7 is that too much to ask really I'll even pay extra I just need that fitted in a 7 man gosh.

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO!

$44?

DF!!!
laugh.gif

damn didn't know they fit big. I would have ordered a 7 1/4 instead of a 3/8. CC could have put it in the description. If I look like sup my hat too big, I'm sending it back or selling it on ebay

Originally Posted by air max 87

4ic0n8.jpg

bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
That's too clean
.. You got that pretty damn quick tho, you live by CC?
I'm on the island so hopefully mines comes in by monday morning.

i hate NT for this, why not mass release it in the first place? you know people was gonna buy it up. you guys starting to act like Nike with this hype and limited crap
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by prymone

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by DIGITALJORDAN

I also have doubts about the exact numbers available. I know of plenty NT members who are cool with cap city folks and I think it's safe to say those people all got hats no prob. 

I feel the same way, same as any BIG drop at a shoe spot, they take care of their regulars.

if you owned your own shop wouldnt you take care of your regulars?
Guess I was wrong but I thought this hat was suppose to be a hook-up for NT members?
This whole release just plays into the whole reason why shoe collecting has turned into such a mess. 

I expect stuff like this from $.C not NT 
ohwell.gif

Guess I was wrong but I thought this hat was suppose to be a hook-up for NT members?This whole release just plays into the whole reason why shoe collecting has turned into such a mess. I expect stuff like this from $.C not NT 

i hate NT for this, why not mass release it in the first place? you know people was gonna buy it up. you guys starting to act like Nike with this hype and limited crap

Rajah touched on this in his previous post, but Cap City really went out of their way to help us on this one.  They fronted the entire production run with their own money, they agreed to donate all of the proceeds to our selected charity, and they devoted a portion of their allocation to this release.  They worked to ensure that their servers could handle the launch and, despite some hiccups, I think it's fair to say that their setup performed on par with what we've come to expect from Eastbay and Nike.com during highly anticipated launches - and those sites do multimillion dollar business.  

Again, our staff went out of the way to make sure that as many caps as possible were available for our members.  We limited everyone to ONE cap each and some staff members, including Nelson C, opted not to get one solely because they wanted one more cap out there you guys.  

I don't know how many hats Cap City sold to their employees/friends, but I really haven't seen or heard of ANYTHING sketchy on their part whatsoever.  They MANUALLY reviewed EVERY order just to ensure that no dealers were buying these up in bulk.  I heard from customers today who told me that they had an order canceled due to stock issues, but Cap City called them and offered them a similar size to try and help.  They didn't have to do that.  If they wanted to make this easy on themselves, they could've let a bunch of these walk out the back door.  They didn't.  They made this an online release only to be fair to everyone.  

I think they did a great job and I hope we're able to work with them to produce more caps in the future.  

Some of you are disappointed because you missed out, and I can understand that, but every decision we made here was made very carefully and with you in mind.  

The production run was small because it's a lot of money to front and although some of you seem to think an instant sellout was a sure thing, the performance of other NikeTalk apparel items challenges that assumption.  This was the most expensive product we've ever released.  The NikeTalk Alpha shirt is our best selling item ever, and I think we did 200-250 of those in our first night.  They were $25, not $36.  The way many of you complained about the patch etc. this time, although we were hopeful that the product would sell through we didn't want to take that for granted.  

Discussions regarding the second series are already underway and I can tell you that we are looking at making more hats available and the size distribution will reflect a lot of the feedback we've received from this release.  Size 7s, which some of you have asked about, will be available next time.  They were actually supposed to be included this time, but it's not the most popular size so due to the ordering constraints they were apparently cut to provide more caps in larger sizes.  

... and airmax87, I'm jealous.  My cap hasn't even arrived yet.  I hope you're pleased with the quality.

*edit* or how much money were we able to fundraise?

I'm expecting the final sales numbers this week.  From there, we'll work with the Cap City folks to make the donation and I look forward to sharing that with you as soon as it's official.  
And, please, stop with the buy/sell/trade requests.  You guys know that's not allowed outside the buy/sell forums.  This thread is for information about the caps only.  We don't appreciate resellers gouging people and exploiting a charitable fundraiser.  If you missed out this time, another cap is already in the works and we're gonna try and give those of you who missed out last night priority on it. 

Thank Based God that that gianormus patch is gone for the next run...add a little bit more red and waLA...$.

Originally Posted by Method Man

And, please, stop with the buy/sell/trade requests.  You guys know that's not allowed outside the buy/sell forums.  This thread is for information about the caps only.  We don't appreciate resellers gouging people and exploiting a charitable fundraiser.  If you missed out this time, another cap is already in the works and we're gonna try and give those of you who missed out last night priority on it. 
YESH!

144 hats were made.  Roughly 130 were made available to NT after staff orders and CC workers were taken care of.  Those are the numbers.   About a half dozen of you had your orders canceled because you ordered multiple hats.  No one bought in bulk and there was no backdoor shady dealings.  The CC staff got to their shop around 2-3 hours before the store normally opens so they could process and ship out your orders as quickly as possible.  By the time I got there around 3pm, the staff looked weary and tired, but they had shipped almost all the fitteds out.  There was a glitch in the system with size 7 5/8.  CC mentioned that several dozen people tried to order that size at the same time and the system didn't update the quantity correctly.  This is the reason several of you got some bad news today.  Again, I apologize to everyone that was disappointed.  Below are images of what CC looked like today as they processed and shipped the fitteds.

IMG_7269.JPG

IMG_7270.JPG

IMG_7272.JPG

IMG_7272.JPG

<>

Originally Posted by air max 87

4ic0n8.jpg

eek.gif
eek.gif
 !!!

Holy smokes they look better than the pics posted ..Cant wait for mines should be here on Monday ... same day I cop my playoff XII

got my conformation too. thanks to all the MODS for this

Detailed Results:

Processed through Sort Facility, February 12, 2011, 9:01 pm, KEARNY, NJ 07099
Acceptance, February 12, 2011, 4:17 pm, EDGEWATER, NJ 07020

Originally Posted by throwback1718

Originally Posted by Method Man

YESH!

Back
Top Bottom