All 160 assistant principals laid off in Philadelphia School District; Thousands of layoffs to follo

Then explain the disparity between public schools within the same district? They get the same resources, so it can't be all the school's fault. In fact, many schools "succeed" in spite of the system (whatever "the system" even means). Why? Because there many other factors outside of dumping money into a school that contribute to the success of a school. And it all starts with at home. Schools won't be "fixed" until families are "fixed".

Schools don't get the same resources. In Atlanta property taxes help fund schools in the neighborhood. Wealthy neighborhood public schools have farrrrrr more resources than lower income. In all through school all my text books were hand me downs from the wealthy schools.

LOL This is sick, pretty much if you cant send your kids to private school they are doomed unless you homeschool which the way things are the avg person cant do because they have to work a job.

Then explain the disparity between public schools within the same district? They get the same resources, so it can't be all the school's fault. In fact, many schools "succeed" in spite of the system (whatever "the system" even means). Why? Because there many other factors outside of dumping money into a school that contribute to the success of a school. And it all starts with at home. Schools won't be "fixed" until families are "fixed".

While home life is important, there are other more important factors. I used to work at the school district and I visited many of the schools. Dumping money would change alot of things. Having art, music programs, computers, up to date text books, after school programs, providing breakfast etc. . That stuff matters a lot. Even bad seeds can still learn and be educated

Also I'll just say it. The state didn't cut money from any of the suburban districts. Only the city where a large number of the students are black

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom