:::All My Fellow 49er Fans, It's Time..:::

the first 3 games you guys werent complaining, its only after when alex got hurt he was never the same and the niners started sucking. And do u guys think wecould win with dilfer? hell no, i give the nolan/smith combo one more year before one or both have to go.

Man I am a diehard Niner fan but if you think Alex Smith can lead a team to the Superbowl
smh.gif
laugh.gif

I say get rid of Smith and Nolan. We need to start over, again. This team is no where near winning and there is no denying that.

I'm with the people saying one more year. I mean, i knew our season was done when Dilfer started multiple weeks in a row. Granted, if Smith and Nolan areREALLY feuding and can't bury the hatchet, then one has to go.

Granted, if Smith and Nolan are REALLY feuding and can't bury the hatchet, then one has to go.

That's true..if they can't get along..get rid of the coach before the player, imo.

It's sad how unrealistic and unreasonable some fans are. They expect a QB in his 3rd year to perform like Montana.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

It's sad how unrealistic and unreasonable some fans are. They expect a QB in his 3rd year to perform like Montana.

who said we were expecting him to perform like Montana? he can't even hit open receivers like an nfl quarterback should. the $#$%# has no pocketpresence and he stares down his receivers all the time. the 3rd year is when you can really tell how good an nfl player is. how many more years do you wantto give him?

Originally Posted by 5288

who said we were expecting him to perform like Montana? he can't even hit open receivers like an nfl quarterback should. the $#$%# has no pocket presence and he stares down his receivers all the time. the 3rd year is when you can really tell how good an nfl player is. how many more years do you want to give him?
Agree 100%. Man if you cannot admit that Smith sucks as this point, I don't know what to say. Yeah I understand he doesn't have any receiversor a great supporting cast but IMO he hasn't shown any signs of improving. I say let the rebuilding start now rather than wait for him because he willnever develop into a good QB. He will be Avg. at best if you give him a great supporting cast. Not worth it IMO.

I give him Smith 1 more season to prove he can be a good QB. Next season if he stinks it up, give him the boot. He has to be healthy though. This season to medidn't even count for Smith IMO.

its easy to look back in retrospect now and say how they shouldve done this or shouldve done that, but back then they took the best option available at thetime: a 4th round qb that had a good senior year. imo they shouldnt have labeled him the franchise qb, instead just take the L and draft another capable qb.

^ That's the thing...he wasn't the best option available. Maybe the best option quarterback
laugh.gif
...Look, Niketalker23 is Mr. Team49ers (even though he ditched the sig). I can understand theloyalty to Smith...but I spend saturdays watching Nate Longshore drag a very talented Cal football team into the ground, which may very well carry into nextseason. I know the faults of "not switching horses in midstream." At some point, you have to realize that weak horse is gonna get your$%@* drowned.

who said we were expecting him to perform like Montana? he can't even hit open receivers like an nfl quarterback should. the $#$%# has no pocket presence and he stares down his receivers all the time. the 3rd year is when you can really tell how good an nfl player is. how many more years do you want to give him?

Hit open receivers? The only time Smith has had a problem hitting open receivers was AFTER the shoulder separation, and he was paying on it still injured.Also, our receiving core has some of the highest % of dropped passes in the league. It's his 3rd year, he's still the youngest starting QB in theleague. He's had 3 OC in 3 years. Inconsistent O-Line play, and weak receivers who drop balls. People still love to throw him under the bus when hehasn't even been put in a situation to succeed; And if you can't say that he's shown signs of being a good QB then you're blinded by yourhatred towards him. I'm done posting on here about 49ers. It's pointless to argue with some of these people.

Originally Posted by Burn916

^ That's the thing...he wasn't the best option available. Maybe the best option quarterback
laugh.gif
...Look, Niketalker23 is Mr. Team49ers (even though he ditched the sig). I can understand the loyalty to Smith...but I spend saturdays watching Nate Longshore drag a very talented Cal football team into the ground, which may very well carry into next season. I know the faults of "not switching horses in midstream." At some point, you have to realize that weak horse is gonna get your$%@* drowned.
word
laugh.gif
. at SOME point in time, u can give your QB all theseexcuses but bottom line is if they don't perform well they just don't have "it", as we've seen with Longshore. there comes a time when uhave to just take the L and realize you have to switch. even with a crap o-line, bad WRs, etc. etc., if you're a good QB you'll find a way to get pastthat...a good example is David Carr...ppl were saying his Houston o-line sucked and he was sacked like crazy, so people weren't ready to label him a bust,but now that he's in carolina...ppl are seeing he really sucks. same could be said with Alex-but that has yet to be determined. i'm willing to givealex another year and see what happens when he's healthy though, but the patience is very thin.

i'm hoping riley beats out longshore for the starting job next season
laugh.gif
but knowing tedford i doubt that'll happen unless longshore pulls an ayoob

And if you can't say that he's shown signs of being a good QB then you're blinded by your hatred towards him. I'm done posting on here about 49ers. It's pointless to argue with some of these people.

Said the stubborn person.

Smith has shown signs of being a DECENT quarterback. I don't know what your definiton of good is, but Smith hasn't been good since college. I agreewith you about his situation though, yearly offensive coordinator changes, not enough weapons, yadda yadda. But Smith doesn't have "it." He's not a leader, he's not an accurate passer, he can't throw the deep ball, he can't out-run anyone, he has no pocket presence and now we allknow he goes and cries to the media.

No! Coach Nolan is my friend's dad. And if he gets fired, my friend moves.

Sorry man your friend has got to go.

laugh.gif

don't worry, young homey. look on the bright side, your dude+his Pops aka Coach Nolan will have a bunch more time to spend you with you once he getscanned.

seriously, i wouldn't worry about them moving anywhere cuz no one's giving that dude another head coaching job anytime soon.

Hit open receivers? The only time Smith has had a problem hitting open receivers was AFTER the shoulder separation, and he was paying on it still injured. Also, our receiving core has some of the highest % of dropped passes in the league. It's his 3rd year, he's still the youngest starting QB in the league. He's had 3 OC in 3 years. Inconsistent O-Line play, and weak receivers who drop balls. People still love to throw him under the bus when he hasn't even been put in a situation to succeed; And if you can't say that he's shown signs of being a good QB then you're blinded by your hatred towards him. I'm done posting on here about 49ers. It's pointless to argue with some of these people.

yeah man the 49er fans aren't true fans like you. they're just bandwagon fans cause they think Alex Smith sucks.
roll.gif
roll.gif

Should have never drafted Smith in the first round let alone with the first pick. Neither him nor Rodgers were 1st round talent. Any other recent year and theyare behind a handful of guys in the pecking order. Why teams feel like they HAVE to pick a QB in the first round when he's there is beyond me.

Yeah according to Smith, Nolan made it seem that Alex injuries weren't that bad and Alex was being a vag for sitting out.
Alex was/is pist because his shoulder is really serious
I told you dudes that Smith was injuried that bad and should have got back on the field sooner. Overall, Smith sucks, and Nolan is not that muchbetter, but I between the two of them, I would rather see Nolan back for the 49ers next year as opposed to Smith.

Back
Top Bottom