All Things Sports Media Thread!!

Same. It's only really been like 3 weeks but it feels like 3 months. :lol:

This is going to be a long *** 4 months :smh:

I'd keep an eye out for him on Carolla's podcast. That's probably the only place you'll hear him over the summer. Even then, it won't be a whole lot of sports.

I'd keep an eye out for him on Carolla's podcast. That's probably the only place you'll hear him over the summer. Even then, it won't be a whole lot of sports.
I don't he would go on there and talk bad about espn. I think he's basically taking a forced vacation til September.

I don't he would go on there and talk bad about espn. I think he's basically taking a forced vacation til September.

I just meant media appearances in general. He wouldn't say anything about ESPN under any circumstance.

Edit: also, there's nothing ESPN can do to keep him from talking about random crap on someone's podcast. He's not profiting, so he wouldn't be violating any agreement.

Last edited:
Simmons and Jon Stewart doing a subscription service is the wild rumor now.

Not even going to front. I'd sub in a heartbeat 
embarassed.gif

Simmons and Jon Stewart doing a subscription service is the wild rumor now.

Not even going to front. I'd sub in a heartbeat :wow:

I know they have the same agent, but I don't see this happening. Simmons doesn't have enough pull for something like that. If he wanted to team up with someone, go to Carolla's network and do a podcast there. No start-up costs and it's already established. The advertisers will follow.

RIP grantland Simmons

Didn't realize how much I enjoyed his columns until going through work days the past few weeks with no 15,000 word column to get me through. I can honestly say I miss those things

I really doubt Sirius is an option. With ESPN, Bill had his own website and team of writers. A documentary series. A podcast. TV show. And of course his columns. He's not just going to do radio or something like that. Whatever he does is going to let him have power in multiple fields.

Funny thing is ESPN's gag order gives him more than enough time to start building from the ground up and start his own site and network.

In recent months/years, apparently Whitlock would email inspirational quotes to several who had accepted positions on Undefeated's writing staff. As if that's not bad enough :lol: ...

... some of the inspirational quotes intermixed with quotes by people those who have been philosophers/world leaders, etc. were quotes by Jason Whitlock himself. :rofl:

Last edited:
:lol: so he's a lame duck.

Might as well go back to FOX Sports

Speaking of which, a little convenient that Bill tweeted about his buddy at FOX Sports. I'll be surprised if he doesn't go there at this point.

CNN/SI are one, so another outside possibility is he brings a fresh entertainment element to CNN, takes over the last page column of SI that Rick Reilly used to do and somebody else does now, and have a podcast on SI. I could see him being good in that jack-of-all-trades thing, as it felt like his last couple years at Grantland was a person who didn't want to delve into sports and the constant digging that requires nowadays with all of the different resources and hubs out there now.

So the CNN/SI angle would give him a more laid-back approach to sports storytelling that it seems like he prefers now, entertainment opportunities through CNN, and, of course, the podcast platform that we love and he loves (BS Report and Bill Don't Lie were No. 1 and No. 2 forever on iTunes top charts, so it's not like SI would not find that viable or worth a shot).

Not the most likely route, but one I could see functioning well the more and more he immersed himself in it and became more comfortable, if it were to happen.

:lol: so he's a lame duck.

Might as well go back to FOX Sports

Speaking of which, a little convenient that Bill tweeted about his buddy at FOX Sports. I'll be surprised if he doesn't go there at this point.

fox sports is buns but I can see him putting entertaining stuff on the air there. I see them replay clips of katie nolan's show and I hate whoever told her she was funny or entertaining. She wants to be a network personality but it's not working.

Knew Whitlock **** wasn't gonna work out. Glad he lost his spot because that dude is ignorant as hell

CNN/SI are one, so another outside possibility is he brings a fresh entertainment element to CNN, takes over the last page column of SI that Rick Reilly used to do and somebody else does now, and have a podcast on SI. I could see him being good in that jack-of-all-trades thing, as it felt like his last couple years at Grantland was a person who didn't want to delve into sports and the constant digging that requires nowadays with all of the different resources and hubs out there now.

So the CNN/SI angle would give him a more laid-back approach to sports storytelling that it seems like he prefers now, entertainment opportunities through CNN, and, of course, the podcast platform that we love and he loves (BS Report and Bill Don't Lie were No. 1 and No. 2 forever on iTunes top charts, so it's not like SI would not find that viable or worth a shot).

Not the most likely route, but one I could see functioning well the more and more he immersed himself in it and became more comfortable, if it were to happen.

CNN and SI most certainly aren't "one". CNN is owned by Time Warner, SI by Time, Inc., which are two separate companies (one focuses on television and film, the other in print).

Use to be cnnsi.com.. Now it is si.com

So not sure if they they are still affiliated or what

Back
Top Bottom