All Things Sports Media Thread!!

A to Z podcast is just okay. I like the Dunc'd On podcast. Love that it's a daily podcast. Duncan is really good but Lareux can be clueless.

He doesn't seem defensive at all.

People (like the ones in this thread) come at him hundreds of times a day with complaints and hate. He responds some of the time normally telling them to use "Ctrl + F" or to point out where he actually said what they claimed he was saying.

As for him saying making All Star teams and MVP votes is "suffering" - obviously he's exaggerating and joking but I'd 1000% prefer a writer that puts TOO much thought and analysis into something over 98% of writers who don't watch games, make a vote based on "story" or "history", and teach the readers absolutely nothing new - even though they have 100x more access and time than the average fan does.

There was 0 wrong with that Bulls paragraph IMO. He was painting a picture of Thibs going out in classic Thibs style. He could've said that in one sentence but instead explained exactly how he did that. Benching young players, benching shooters who aren't that good defensively, playing a defense-first vet on his last legs. Not sure what the problem is.

Jalen and Jacoby. Pays tribute to Bill Simmons at the beginning.

Last edited:
Lowe has a funny remark today on his podcast, Grantland has an un-fillable void now on Mondays :lol: :smh:

My commutes feel even longer w/out Bill's pods. F U John Skipper! 
mad.gif

Lowe has a funny remark today on his podcast, Grantland has an un-fillable void now on Mondays
laugh.gif
mean.gif
Just getting around to listening to it 
laugh.gif
. But for real Bill Dont Lie JUST started. I am annoyed. 

What other podcasts are you guys on?

Dunc'd On (daily), RealGM (bi-weekly), A to Z (weekly), Locked on Jazz (daily) besides the ESPN-Grantland affiliated podcasts for sports basketball.

Last edited:
I'm a podcast free agent now... I need content with Simmons out as well

I'm only listening to lebatard, brilliant idiots and the starters occasionally

And with Lebatard going to TV today I'll prob watch that now so I'll lose that option as well
I'll check out some of those mentioned

Last edited:

What other podcasts are you guys on?
honestly..

I'm down to le batard's show.. pop the trunk.. lowe post.. the right reasons.. nba after dark

then i'll listen to stuff as it comes.. like stuff with the draft.. or eagles stuff.. or thunder stuff

This is prime bs report season . Playoffs , lebron, clippers , deflatgate , and the draft lottery . Smh

^ yup we missing all kinds of stuff.. mock draft with chad ford.. then obviously all the nba stuff, would have been the best thing with rockets making the conference finals (his relationship with morey)

the obviously the finals

Some of the posts I've seen in this thread are actually good examples of why I am a little surprised it got here at all. Grantland was losing $, but a personnel solution was used to address a structure problem imo.

Last edited:
Didn't catch that vibe but I was doing stuff while I was listening so maybe I missed it

Blah...hope bill brings back his pods wherever he lands in September

Back
Top Bottom