Allen Iverson, the next Will Bynum (According to Mike Curry)

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by Roscoe P Wallace

Everyone can see the P's are a better team w/o having to find minutes for AI. Maybe its because they are more comfortable, or the pace works better, of something, but its just the case. Releasing AI asap so he can sign with a team that needs him more than us is key. Rip and Stuck with Thrill and Aaron off the bench is all we really need for now.
His feelings HAVE to be hurt watching that team KNOWING they are better without him
ohwell.gif

I think his feelings should be more hurt by the factthat they are trying to play harder without him there. Like they dont want him there and this how theytryin to prove it by goin all out when he not around.
From what Ive seen, U cant tell me Rip and Sheed been givin this same effort wit Al in the Line up.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by Roscoe P Wallace

Everyone can see the P's are a better team w/o having to find minutes for AI. Maybe its because they are more comfortable, or the pace works better, of something, but its just the case. Releasing AI asap so he can sign with a team that needs him more than us is key. Rip and Stuck with Thrill and Aaron off the bench is all we really need for now.
His feelings HAVE to be hurt watching that team KNOWING they are better without him
ohwell.gif
I'm sure they are, and he shouldn't have to deal with that either. Dude is NBA royalty, straight up, he deserves better than the Pistonsand Mike Curry are giving him. He just isn't working in Detroit, and Detroit isn't working for him. Plus MI blows right now and he shouldn't haveto spend his last years in the cold @+! broke messed up mother $%%$$%% state...
laugh.gif

He should be in the position Shaq is in in PHX, a team with young talent that opens up the court for him to show he can still school young cats, not quiet theway he used to, but to the tune of 20+ per game still.

Originally Posted by miamin2

Have they tried to bench stuckey and start ai in his place?
Treatin Stuck like the golden child..... I loved the dude when he was a young blood comin off the bench randomly droppin' 25 pts in theplayoffs, but it seems like everything management has done, and the fact they REFUSE to bench him has gotten to his head. This dude STAYS taking random shotsand earning offensive fouls, plus they talk about how he "loses his aggressiveness" coming off the bench or playing with AI..... so the !%## what?!Get it back, we aren't paying you to be emotionally needy, nobody in the league deserves to be coddled (ask Phil and Nellie), especially some 2nd yearnon-all star averaging 5.4 points the last 5 games....

GUNNA GET IT wrote:
I think his feelings should be more hurt by the factthat they are trying to play harder without him there. Like they dont want him there and this how they tryin to prove it by goin all out when he not around.
From what Ive seen, U cant tell me Rip and Sheed been givin this same effort wit Al in the Line up.

Exactly.

Couple of thoughts...

• This group has been together too long...they're like a bunch of bratty kids who whine and complain when things don't go their way. They got tired of LB's coaching strategy, started to tune him out...did the same to Flip. Now Brown punched his own ticket out of town but if he was completely happy coaching this group would he have been out looking at new positions? Who knows....
  • Rip has been with Detroit for what like 8 yrs? So how on God's green Earth does Curry even consider starting Iverson who was only with the team for a few months in his place? Of course Sheed and the crew ain't feeling that.
  • Stuckey isn't that good...yet.

Its unfortunate that people (not saying here on NT) are looking at AI as a scapegoat for Detroit's mess. You know exactly what you are getting with AI.He's a guy who needs to be the focal point of the offense. It's just the way he plays, and the way teams have catered to his needs. That being said,this trade was a good risk for the Pistons to take. On one hand, this deal could have worked and the Pistons would have had a better record....on the other ifit flopped (like it is now), you get all that cap space when his contract comes off the books. It's not just AI....you can blame the 1/2 @@! effort by someof the longtime players, the coaching by Curry, front office moves by Dumars, etc....AI will recover from this, but the good thing is he will be in control ofthe next situation that he puts himself into to. It's sad how all the blame and finger pointing is going right at #1
smh.gif

Yeah, to echo what a lot of people have said, I really don't like how Iverson is being done in this position. I almost wish he'd just take a StephonMarbury-route and just sit-out...

Originally Posted by kash55

Ai needs to goto a team that he's the only good player and can just shoot all the time. That's the only way he'll be "effective", they'll be a bad team, but at least he'll get playing time.

he can play for the heat.... and take quinns spot

Its nothing on Allen as a player, he just doesn't fit in well with our system and the talent we already had. 3 scoring guards = GM Fail. Straight up. Joe D screwed up with Darko, and screwed up with this, other than that he has been fantastic, but he made a couple mistakes. Something needed to happen, thats for sure, but adding AI apparently wasn't it (a big man would have been nice?! Even at the price of Chaunce) I'm glad for Bills though cause he needed something to re-inspire him, he had not been playing up to his normal level the last 2 years.

He didn't add AI. He dropped Chauncey. Honestly what reason did Joe have to keep chauncey? He hadn't been doing anything in the playoffs(Injuries, I know). Of the 4 starters it made the most sense to drop him, especially with stuckey's emergence in the playoffs. Cap space!

err, he's off the books after this year. You want to just release him? Just don't even bring him off the bench cuz he deserves better? Bynum and Aaronoff the bench? Not AI?
= GM Fail.

This isn't 2001. AI is not as good as he used to be. How anyone believesthis guy should still be starting is beyond me. Look at Denver without him and look at Detroit without him(starting). He'snot the same AI that took the 6'ers to the finals. Just because he did that does not earn him a starting spot in 2009. If i could make that morebold I would.

And as far as you rippin on stuckey. Why should the pistons waste any more time with AI starting instead of stuckey. Stuckey is the future and the last thingthe pistons should do is play him less. Let him get his experience. Like you said, AI isn't a starter for the pistons system. He's not gonna bearound next year so why sit stuckey? Stuckey is the future point guard, not the future 6th man. Let him go through the ups and downs.

It's sad how all the blame and finger pointing is going right at #1
smh.gif

This is what I'm talking about. Why is AI above this criticism? Look at what the pistons did at the very begining of the year without AI and these pastcouple of games. If he woulda done what was right and said he'd come off the bench and let rip start, maybe the pistons wouldn't be hovering around the.500 mark. But nope he said screw team chemistry, I gotta start. Make the guy that won a championship with this team come off the bench. When the team performsbetter without him, who should the finger be pointed at?

Originally Posted by swendro88

Its nothing on Allen as a player, he just doesn't fit in well with our system and the talent we already had. 3 scoring guards = GM Fail. Straight up. Joe D screwed up with Darko, and screwed up with this, other than that he has been fantastic, but he made a couple mistakes. Something needed to happen, thats for sure, but adding AI apparently wasn't it (a big man would have been nice?! Even at the price of Chaunce) I'm glad for Bills though cause he needed something to re-inspire him, he had not been playing up to his normal level the last 2 years.
He didn't add AI. He dropped Chauncey. Honestly what reason did Joe have to keep chauncey? He hadn't been doing anything in the playoffs (Injuries, I know). Of the 4 starters it made the most sense to drop him, especially with stuckey's emergence in the playoffs. Cap space!

err, he's off the books after this year. You want to just release him? Just don't even bring him off the bench cuz he deserves better? Bynum and Aaron off the bench? Not AI?
= GM Fail.

This isn't 2001. AI is not as good as he used to be. How anyone believes this guy should still be starting is beyond me. Look at Denver without him and look at Detroit without him(starting). He's not the same AI that took the 6'ers to the finals. Just because he did that does not earn him a starting spot in 2009. If i could make that more bold I would.

And as far as you rippin on stuckey. Why should the pistons waste any more time with AI starting instead of stuckey. Stuckey is the future and the last thing the pistons should do is play him less. Let him get his experience. Like you said, AI isn't a starter for the pistons system. He's not gonna be around next year so why sit stuckey? Stuckey is the future point guard, not the future 6th man. Let him go through the ups and downs.

It's sad how all the blame and finger pointing is going right at #1
smh.gif

This is what I'm talking about. Why is AI above this criticism? Look at what the pistons did at the very begining of the year without AI and these past couple of games. If he woulda done what was right and said he'd come off the bench and let rip start, maybe the pistons wouldn't be hovering around the .500 mark. But nope he said screw team chemistry, I gotta start. Make the guy that won a championship with this team come off the bench. When the team performs better without him, who should the finger be pointed at?

Iverson is a player, not a coach. It's not his job to decide who starts or comes off the bench. That's a coaching decision, isn't it?Why is Curry JUST not making it? Park of being a good coach is being able to adjust. It took Curry this long to figure it out. That's not on Iverson,that's on him. Hell, it really should be on Joe D who made this dumb trade in the first place knowing the type of player that Iverson is, the system hethrives in and the system the Pistons currently have. Blame the Pistons players, too. Look at how they're playing now. Def with much more effort andpassion now than when they had Iverson. They had basically quit. Its the same thing that happened in Phoenix before Terry Porter was fired, the players simplydidn't all buy into it. This problem goes MUCH deeper than Allen Iverson, he's just the easiest scapegoat...

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Originally Posted by kash55

Ai needs to goto a team that he's the only good player and can just shoot all the time. That's the only way he'll be "effective", they'll be a bad team, but at least he'll get playing time.

he can play for the heat.... and take quinns spot
Im sure Wade would love that
eyes.gif

The Nuggets are on pace to win what, 4-5 more games than last year. This also has to do with Nene being healthy and Camby not being on the team

Back
Top Bottom