Allergic to alcohol, need help for a cure!

First off yes I'm Asian, (Korean) I've been use to it for a loooong time now, but i just want to be able to enjoy a drink or five with friends and family.  Thought I'd ask y'all since there are a lot of Asian NT'ers.  I've done some research and understand how Asians are prone to being allergic to alcohol.  Anyone know of a solution or anything??  I've heard of a few things like pepcid AC/tums, and there is something called "No Red Face Formula" which looks like a scam to me.  I've tried drinking all kinds throughout the years, this ONE time SOMEHOW I didn't get sick, no redness, no shortness of breathe, no headaches, It was liquor that I had tried before and after.  Why did it work this ONE time?? There is hope!!  help appreciated

Pepcid AC. Take it before I drink and don't get that Red Face. If I forgot, I purposely drink less because girls don't like that asian flush.
laugh.gif

One of my Asian friends (Chinese) uses the red face as an advantage. It's the funniest ice breaker with girls when his face is literally 
mad.gif
after 2 beers 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

Possibly allergic to wheat. try Potato vodka or see an allergist to be given shots weekly to build your system.

Hmm, Ive tried everything man, but not potato vodka i dont think?? hahaha I doubt its wheat, i eat wheat often i would think

Originally Posted by af1 1982

Pepcid AC. Take it before I drink and don't get that Red Face. If I forgot, I purposely drink less because girls don't like that asian flush.
laugh.gif

Its not just red face, its worse.  Shortness of breathe, headaches, just an overall uncomfortable feeling except this one time a few years back.

Try another method of drinking it. Just get it in your body in way possible. Get a funnel and a friend.

I take pepcid AC before drinking. I think you build a tolerance to it though. I turn much less red now than when I first started drinking.

Since the semester has started I've drank at least 5 out of 7 days. I've noticed the more I've drank the less red I get.

Its been almost a month since the semester started and I dont get red anymore
smile.gif

So just keep drinking a ton and you will be gold.

Originally Posted by krazyg

I take pepcid AC before drinking. I think you build a tolerance to it though. I turn much less red now than when I first started drinking.
Ive never tried it, but i need something that doesn't just help with redness.  Maybe ill have to test this out

Used to happen to me every single time. I noticed that if smoke a cig periodically it contains it, but I still get red. But not nearly as bad as most of my Asian friends.

My brother on the other hand, all he has to do is smell some beer and he turns varsity red.
laugh.gif

my mom (chinese side of the family)  and all her siblings get all red-faced 
laugh.gif
  Also a lot of my chinese friends turn down beer because of this allergy claim as well

I worked with a guy that was Caucasian and he turned beet red after drinking vodka, craziest thing ever. Never knew Asians dealt with this also.

Back
Top Bottom