Almost 21 years old and still can't drive stick... **UPDATE PG.4**

Clean whip

and I've never drove a stick or attempted to either, maybe one day

Clean whip

and I've never drove a stick or attempted to either, maybe one day

Originally Posted by Jordman23

Originally Posted by CampbellSoup

The key is to get the RPM's between 1,200 -1,500 and then let off the clutch. Every car has a sweet spot.

I valet park part-time so I had no choice to learn.

RIP to the first few cars I learned on.
^^
laugh.gif
That's the same exact way I learned. My co-workers and I would go to the underground garage and start practicing with SLK's. TT's, Porsche's.

I remember I would go up the ramp and be so scared, the cars would stall halfway and turn off. I used to hit the E-brake with the quickness. There were alot of luxury cars down there so it was very risky.
smokin.gif
this is why i never valet park.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Jordman23

Originally Posted by CampbellSoup

The key is to get the RPM's between 1,200 -1,500 and then let off the clutch. Every car has a sweet spot.

I valet park part-time so I had no choice to learn.

RIP to the first few cars I learned on.
^^
laugh.gif
That's the same exact way I learned. My co-workers and I would go to the underground garage and start practicing with SLK's. TT's, Porsche's.

I remember I would go up the ramp and be so scared, the cars would stall halfway and turn off. I used to hit the E-brake with the quickness. There were alot of luxury cars down there so it was very risky.
smokin.gif
this is why i never valet park.
30t6p3b.gif

congrats, i learned on a 240sx as well although mine was an S14 and i had it converted to manual. although it's probably not the best car to learn on because it has decent tq and it's rwd (novice rwd driver + stick can be lethal) but i'm sure you'll manage. just don't burn the clutch while you're learning, although parts for that car is pretty much dirt cheap.

i daily drive my s2000 now and even on my 40 mile/2 hour round trip with traffic to work 3x a week i never felt like it was impractical. you will pick up the basics after a week but it's going to take you at least a year or two to really get used to it...then even longer to really master it. take it one step at a time.

congrats, i learned on a 240sx as well although mine was an S14 and i had it converted to manual. although it's probably not the best car to learn on because it has decent tq and it's rwd (novice rwd driver + stick can be lethal) but i'm sure you'll manage. just don't burn the clutch while you're learning, although parts for that car is pretty much dirt cheap.

i daily drive my s2000 now and even on my 40 mile/2 hour round trip with traffic to work 3x a week i never felt like it was impractical. you will pick up the basics after a week but it's going to take you at least a year or two to really get used to it...then even longer to really master it. take it one step at a time.

Thanks y'all I'm just happy I found what I really wanted and didn't settle on something else.
Some pics of my old daily driver for "lulz" haha it was a beater yeah - but I will never forget her. Been through so much together but it was time to move on....

2n8772w.jpg

Lol...

1f9und.jpg

You never forget your first car...

r89kc2.jpg

Thanks y'all I'm just happy I found what I really wanted and didn't settle on something else.
Some pics of my old daily driver for "lulz" haha it was a beater yeah - but I will never forget her. Been through so much together but it was time to move on....

2n8772w.jpg

Lol...

1f9und.jpg

You never forget your first car...

r89kc2.jpg

one of my favorite things that i never get to do so my skill is at amateur...after a long line of automatic cars finally picked up my first 5speed today...e30 325e!!!

one of my favorite things that i never get to do so my skill is at amateur...after a long line of automatic cars finally picked up my first 5speed today...e30 325e!!!

Originally Posted by Shoryuken

Soo...long story short I made moves and after saving and saving I finally pulled the trigger...
Copped today - can't wait to start my long journey with her 
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

rk5zc0.jpg

abo8yg.jpg

157iucx.jpg

n3nmub.jpg

ixgwef.jpg

8yuuj5.jpg

2iafr75.jpg

mlk2li.jpg

2gtsmzp.jpg

nice
smokin.gif

and how did you take it home if you dont know how to drive stick? lol..

Originally Posted by Shoryuken

Soo...long story short I made moves and after saving and saving I finally pulled the trigger...
Copped today - can't wait to start my long journey with her 
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

rk5zc0.jpg

abo8yg.jpg

157iucx.jpg

n3nmub.jpg

ixgwef.jpg

8yuuj5.jpg

2iafr75.jpg

mlk2li.jpg

2gtsmzp.jpg

nice
smokin.gif

and how did you take it home if you dont know how to drive stick? lol..

the s13 looks just like mines except for a few different aesthetics.

too bad i have an auto.

the s13 looks just like mines except for a few different aesthetics.

too bad i have an auto.

Back
Top Bottom