Alright....So what can WE do for Nike to stop with the little Air Max bubbles.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Im sure Nike wouldn't mind doing it if they increased the price. Inflation my friend.

get it! inflation, lol
roll.gif

Originally Posted by 86 NT

Exactly
GET over it for real. Penny IIs and Pippens are freaking perfect man....
Thanks

Yeah right. Perfect my...you know what. Good luck tellin that to the rest of us. I can't even stomach looking at the retros now.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

Man...thought alot of people were with me on this. Over the last couple of years I've seen alot of complain about it...Now its like, half don't care, half do.

Whatever though. Yea it does piss me off (SO MUCH
grin.gif
). It's real wack that they gotta be so tiny and dumb looking. And I heard it from tons of buyer when I was Asst. Manager at Footlocker, it wasn't just us on NikeTalk complaining.

Guess you had to be a shoe fiend in the 90's to really appreciate what Air Max meant.

trust me i know what u mean. i feel the same way about nike air on jordans III-VI and people act like its not a valid complaint
smh.gif

No "Nike Air" on Jordan retros is just on some flat out disrespect. To the "kid growing up on the Jordans" and to Nike itself. Son!...Nikefathered you. How you gonna do that all retros.

The disrespect was all too apparent when this trash came out.
35.jpg

Come on b...a Jumpman?

And Amen on the cheap paint on the midsoles comment !!! ALL my Air Max 90/95's have midsole chipping after 2-3 wears. Sometimes I'm praying that my90's just chip !! Cause sometimes the paint crumbles, not chips.
mad.gif

I remember when me and my old school %$# pops went car shopping and his facial expressions about Heated cup-holder this, Optional dvd player that...dudes wereexplaining nothing about the engine quality (or lack of it). Priceless !! Thats how I feel sometimes...all these add-ons and the actual sneaker quality ishilarious.

2yuc76f.jpg

I own one retro with the updated visible air unit. The penny II, and thats because it was my favorite Nike shoe of all time. The air unit didnt look as bad asthe 07 penny I's. However, its plain and simple. If you dont like them, don buy them. That has been my philosophy. Other than the penny II, and am 360, Idont own anything with the new visible air units. I think the am 95's, burst, 90's, etc look horrible now and I will never accept them, much less wearthem. Of course thats my opinion. However, where Nike gets me is with the zoom air shoes. The retros, and new shoes with zoom air have what kept me at Nike.Other than that, I focus on buying shoes made before 2004. You can never get better than real leather and huge air units.

Originally Posted by blco02

There are so many retros that I've passed on due to this issue.
if it was a shoe i liked i wouldn't pass on them based on something as insignificant as the air bubble size.. people always find something tocomplain about

Dudes up here goin back and forth about a few MM differenece on an air bubble...lol...if it was that big a deal dudes wouldn't be coppin

^ Thats what ya'll think. I worked in the biggest volume Footlocker/Footaction stores in Long Island. Alot of people passed on 95's, Penny 1's (Sadhow long they were on the shelf), Deions, Barkleys (Black/White Force Maxes are still on the shelves!!!
eek.gif
).

Minor difference to ya'll maybe. Tell that to the dudes walking outta the stores like "Why the Deions look so doofy?".

That was one of them. Aside from Walt Whitman & Source, I worked at every mall.

I quit 6 months ago.

It's crazy that dudes would risk our environment just for a 10% bigger air bubble
smh.gif
.................It's not that serious people, its not like Nikedidn't make the change for the right reasons

Originally Posted by FlightClub23

It's crazy that dudes would risk our environment just for a 10% bigger air bubble
smh.gif
.................It's not that serious people, its not like Nike didn't make the change for the right reasons

Damn right we are. We'll take any extra amount of air that we can. And besides, it's not like that air is THAT bad.
ohwell.gif

smh.gif
.................It's not that serious people, its not like Nike didn't make the change for the right reasons

I dont believe that environment BS...I think it's them just trying to cash in even more now. They've cheapened the materials by making thinner paint,horrible leather, and now...smaller air bubbles. It's just a way for them to get more by doing less. 25-psi-sized air bubbles have been around since1991/1992, and now...16 years later, all the sudden they care about the environment? Ok.

Besides, when the hell did all ya'll become tree-huggers, caring about saving the planet and %#%+?! Ya'll dont say nothin about the Hummers and760's runnin around, gettin 10 miles to the gallon polluting the earth!

I'm right there with you man. Let me know when the march is organized to the Nike campus. There are so many retros that I've passed on due to this issue.

funny thing is i think that may work. say there were 40-50 of us outside of nike hq chanting and holding up signs that said something like better the qualityor lower the prices . it would definitely make the news, and i'm sure the next time any of the sneaker news sites as an interveiw with the top nike guysthey'll ask them about it. were it go from there i have no idea, maybe nowhere. but it be interesting to see. i'd never do it personally, its not thatserious to me we live in a world all about making max profit, its not like nike or jb are the only ones doing it.

I'm there with you too, you can't tell me that with Nike's technology they can't make an environmentally friendly retro with the OG sized airunits thats just plain bull **#*. In the end I think nike will get hit, when all the people that started buying these shoes for the hype and not the love stopbuying because it was just a "Fad" to them, and the OG collectors and people that can appreciate the Original design of the shoe stop buying alltogether there will be a problem until then........

Originally Posted by Cameron Nelson

smh.gif

I dont believe that environment BS...I think it's them just trying to cash in even more now. They've cheapened the materials by making thinner paint, horrible leather, and now...smaller air bubbles. It's just a way for them to get more by doing less. 25-psi-sized air bubbles have been around since 1991/1992, and now...16 years later, all the sudden they care about the environment? Ok.

Besides, when the hell did all ya'll become tree-huggers, caring about saving the planet and %#%+?! Ya'll dont say nothin about the Hummers and 760's runnin around, gettin 10 miles to the gallon polluting the earth!

And whoever said the Pennys and Pippens are perfect couldn't have had the OG's then. I will admit that Nike did a better job on the Pennythough....they gave it the usual Orlando colorway treatment by giving it a brighter blue like on the 2006 Penny 1's and 4's. But the Pippen is far fromperfect. The bubble is so small on the Retroes, that from far away they look like the Pair Pippen actually wore on the court....with no air bubble at all withzoom air inside.

Originally Posted by Cameron Nelson

smh.gif

I dont believe that environment BS...I think it's them just trying to cash in even more now. They've cheapened the materials by making thinner paint, horrible leather, and now...smaller air bubbles. It's just a way for them to get more by doing less. 25-psi-sized air bubbles have been around since 1991/1992, and now...16 years later, all the sudden they care about the environment? Ok.

Besides, when the hell did all ya'll become tree-huggers, caring about saving the planet and %#%+?! Ya'll dont say nothin about the Hummers and 760's runnin around, gettin 10 miles to the gallon polluting the earth!
we don't say anything about hummers and 760's because that conversation is due for another forum.

however i, and im sure just about everyone on this forum, believe and know that the material has cheapened. thats a given and you KNOW there's an articleabout the air bubble effecting the ozone and the new size is more effective. fully read it and if you dont believe it with the facts given then ignorance isyour new friend.

Man...thought alot of people were with me on this. Over the last couple of years I've seen alot of complain about it...Now its like, half don't care, half do.

grin.gif
). It's real wack that they gotta be so tiny and dumb looking. And I heard it from tons of buyer when I was Asst. Manager at Footlocker, it wasn't just us on NikeTalk complaining.

Guess you had to be a shoe fiend in the 90's to really appreciate what Air Max meant.
I've read this entire thread and you've based your main argument on how the bubble LOOKS. If this was a serious issue, you would betalking about the COMFORT or PERFORMANCE of the shoe when put to the test and apparently the shoe's still holds it's comfort and does its job well. Weknow the quality has gone down but nobody has once complained about these shoes doing at what they are suppose to do in whatever field they preform in. Forexample: the jumpman logo incident(though few complained about the retros most still balled in them just fine). Any comments after this from you or CameronNelson about how the size of the new air bubble unit is ineffective in improving your ability to play sports is just too late at this point.

(btw i love the comment about the shoes that glow in the dark
laugh.gif
truetrue)

No matter the rationale...at the end of the day its not that serious and jus becuz in a particular city or store they not moving, I highly dounbt its affectingnike's bottom line

Originally Posted by DreSlay

grin.gif

I've read this entire thread and you've based your main argument on how the bubble LOOKS. If this was a serious issue, you would be talking about the COMFORT or PERFORMANCE of the shoe when put to the test and apparently the shoe's still holds it's comfort and does its job well. We know the quality has gone down but nobody has once complained about these shoes doing at what they are suppose to do in whatever field they preform in. For example: the jumpman logo incident(though few complained about the retros most still balled in them just fine). Any comments after this from you or Cameron Nelson about how the size of the new air bubble unit is ineffective in improving your ability to play sports is just too late at this point.

(btw i love the comment about the shoes that glow in the dark
laugh.gif
true true)

laugh.gif

It's whatever, man. You stay on your side, and I'll stay on mine. Apparently, you dont have an issue with it. Good for you! It appears for you as longas the shoe functions the way it was intended, it's ok for them to look like %!@$.

If you've got a link, or the actual article about it "affecting the ozone layer", then post it or PM it to me...I'll check it out. Hell,I'll give anything a review at least once. I tried to google it, and found absolutely nothing. I asked NIKE employees and "EKINs" why it happenedwhen I worked for Foot Locker...one couldnt answer, and the other mentioned about the whole ozone-friendly thing, but had no information to support it.

It is about the look...but I have OG's too. That OG Air Max and this new Air Max are two different things.

Sure it doesn't feel bad or uncomfortable...But if I could give any of you a pair of any wearable OG Air Maxes, I bet my hard earned money alot of you willsee the difference we're talking about. Its not even with recent retros. I had the Chris Webber air maxes (Sensations or whatever) and the Air MoreUptempos retros when they came out around 2002, Air Max has been pretty stiff since those days, to me. Its not pillowy at all. It's not cardboard either.But it can be alot better.

I just think it comes to being cheap. We're REALLY loyal consumers...Nike is gonna continue to have our businesswether they listen to us on this or not. Its just like, damn son, the bubbles look wack and that makes alot of the shoes we fiend for extremely pass-able. Ifthe Deions looked right, I woulda got 2 pairs in each color. But nah, they chumped out and made them look doofy and cheap. (How hard was it to add a littlegradient black paint and gold mesh?). I'm speaking from the heart when I say I woulda got 2 or 3 pairs of such and such cause we have 50% off and FD's(trade in 2 old beat shoes for 1 new one) at Footlocker all the time. So its not even like it woulda hurt my wallet even a little bit...it just came down tothe shoes looking oogly.

I ain't gonna argue with no one. All respect due to all my NT'ers, we all shoe heads here. But I got a right to say how I feel...and alot of heads feelthe way I do.

Ya'll don't know how much I miss my real Air Max...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Air_Max_Uptempo_1995_Black_White_001.jpg

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Kickmatic23

There are so many retros that I've passed on due to this issue.
if it was a shoe i liked i wouldn't pass on them based on something as insignificant as the air bubble size.. people always find something to complain about

INSIGNIFICANT? That's what made the shoe in the first place!!!

Back
Top Bottom