Am I the only one that think it is pointless to get a Dodge Charger or Challenger if it isn't a Hemi

Its all in what your going to need it for..never been a fan of the charger BUT if you gunna get one wait for this one..the coupe looks so so much better than them 4 doors..commin 2012

The new 4 door Chargers are
sick.gif
. I prefer the old model. That looks nice though. ^

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

If you want to impress some man due to your engine size, that's on you buddy. Ain't no female in this world going to be like, "Oh...is that a V8? Let me top you off." If it looks good, she doesn't give a %#*+.
See this is where you all are mistaking our argument. Its NOT because females care. Its NOT because other dudes care.

When youre into cars, its not a conscious decision you make. You just realize that its not "right" if its the V6. Its not the real thing. Sure, there are a billion arguments for the V6, but at the end of the day, we cant drive them. Id gladly whip around a V6 in a bunch of cars, but just not something thats supposed to be american muscle.

Cant do it.

no point in getting a v6 "muscle car"
its a joke. if youre worried about gas being expensive getcha self a smart car.
no room for ninjas complaining about gas prices in the car culture
RT or better. and this is coming from and import guy

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Car is less expensive
Save money on gas
Get the same basic appearance
You don't want/need the power
Parents buying their kids a Mustang don't want them in a car too powerful
Etc.

If someone doesn't want to spend the extra money, that's their business. Majority of people A. Won't immediately know the difference and B. They probably won't care when they see these cars on the road anyway. Those who say its pointless or "its V8 or bust" makeup the minority. Same when sneakerheads notice guys wearing a no-name/non-Nike brand of sneaker.. Most people won't even recognize it, let alone care.

How other people spend their money isn't a concern of mine. For me, if money wasn't an object I'd opt for the bigger engine, but I understand why people buy V6's.
Makes a ton of sense

Originally Posted by Lstylez23

no point in getting a v6 "muscle car"
its a joke. if youre worried about gas being expensive getcha self a smart car.
no room for ninjas complaining about gas prices in the car culture
RT or better. and this is coming from and import guy

What if I don't need a V8 because I mostly drive to and from work in rush hour traffic?

Originally Posted by cguy610

Originally Posted by DeNs415

Originally Posted by cguy610

It's pointless to get a C-Class instead of an S-Class
It's pointless to get a 3 series instead of a 7-series
It's pointless to get a Corvette if it's not the ZR1
It's pointless to get a Mustang if it isn't the Shelby
It's pointless to get an S-Class, you need the Maybach

Horrible analogy IMO.

Perhaps it went over your head.  There is always something more expensive, faster, bigger, etc.

Mustangs used to come in 4 cyls in the 80's so it's not like the whole muscle cars with "smaller engines" like V6s just started yesterday. 
foxy body mustangs were already a shell of their former self and a LONNG decline from da zenith that was da 69 grail

folks lets put ut this way, you're buying a MUSCLE car...if you're so concerned with gas then buy something else...dont buy a muscle care with no muscle..makes you look like u went da cheap route. and da resale value for base model muscle cars is comedic.

Originally Posted by DajonDondo

Am i the only 1 who doesnt care about these piece of *+!% cars. idc if u have srt8 or ss... get that dodge BS outta here...
da charger/300/magnum is built on da old MERCEDES benz e class platform.

and for da record dodge saved benz in 90's by merging with em because they were hemorrhaging cash...they merged with Chrysler and raided their coffers.
tired.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MoreUptempo

modern american cars are garbage the end
212733nfb1tuey.gif

alot of people here are neglecting da a MAJOR part of muscle car numbers...da TORQUE

a ss, srt8, gt500, etc. have MASSIVE amounts of torque, which is what actually give you that acceleration feel and plants your butts in your seat.

V6 and alot of imports lack that torque.

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

If you want to impress some man due to your engine size, that's on you buddy. Ain't no female in this world going to be like, "Oh...is that a V8? Let me top you off." If it looks good, she doesn't give a %#*+.
See this is where you all are mistaking our argument. Its NOT because females care. Its NOT because other dudes care.

When youre into cars, its not a conscious decision you make. You just realize that its not "right" if its the V6. Its not the real thing. Sure, there are a billion arguments for the V6, but at the end of the day, we cant drive them. Id gladly whip around a V6 in a bunch of cars, but just not something thats supposed to be american muscle.

Cant do it.
bingo

people that cop cars just for "looks" and not performance come off as fronting or using da car as appliance .....i mean if you're that conscience about gas, there's a whopping million cars that look like lil toasters or eco boxes that'll get u 40 MPG no problem.

da old 2006-2010 charger was funny because it was always designed with da hemi in mind, so when you go 2.7-3.5 liter base model they'll only give u one tail pipe and you'll be stuck with a big groove on da bumper where da missing one is...its almost a

subtle way of dodge making fun of you.

I agree and see where you're coming from, but I won't knock anyone that has less than a Hemi. They should be able to get what they want and it'll save them money.

Originally Posted by Crispy Cream

I agree and see where you're coming from, but I won't knock anyone that has less than a Hemi. They should be able to get what they want and it'll save them money.
perhaps, but look at its this way...most people are drawn to those american muscle cars because of their heritage, and da aura of powering down da straightaway.

euro cars and in general luxury cars are conscience of not overly embarrassing a customer who's price sensitive on da trim they get on a certain car so thats why most of their badges is done in numerical fashion.

car idiots/novices aren't gonna know da difference between a GS300 or a GS430 335i-325i off da top of their heads, american cars though look much more pronounced when you get a basemodel vs getting da actual dope model.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

A lot of people feel that way. Time are different though. Gas isnt cheap and why should a gas hungry engine stop you from getting/driving the car you like.

an with that bein said...........it is V8 or bust imo.
just go a diff route if gas money is an issue or if it isnt pratical for ya.

x2

It depends on the buyer.
But for me it was SRT8 or nothing when I purchased my Magnum SRT8.

SRT8 owners:
Make sure that you contact you Dodge Dealer about the cooling fan recall.  All new parts and labor are covered at no charge.

Oil Sale:
O'Riley Auto Parts has 0W-40 oil on Sale.  5 Quarts and Oil Filter for just $32.99. 
You will need a total of 7 Quarts per oil change.

Two years some V8 muscle cars were barely pushing 300HP and a year later the Camaro V6 was pushing 300HP.

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

It depends on the buyer.
Have you taken the esp completely off?

Originally Posted by Picokid21

Two years some V8 muscle cars were barely pushing 300HP and a year later the Camaro V6 was pushing 300HP.

you're talking about 2 different eras though....da ferrari testarosa only makes 300ish horsepower...bleh now, but back in da 80's that was great.

Originally Posted by aztek67890

It depends on the buyer.
No.  I've deactivated with the button hold it on nights that I want to open it up, but I'm keeping it bone stock.
No reason to have the back end kicking out .

Originally Posted by aztek67890

It depends on the buyer.
No.  I've deactivated with the button hold it on nights that I want to open it up, but I'm keeping it bone stock.
No reason to have the back end kicking out .
its goes completely off when you hold da button for more then 5 secs...then goes back to normal when you turn off da ignition, so thats always good.

i don't knock folks that do it until they put srt badges on their car.
laugh.gif
alien.gif

personally i'd never do it though.  i'd have to get the v8.  can't be in a challenger with the sound of a v6.

It depends on the buyer.

SRT8 owners:
Make sure that you contact you Dodge Dealer about the cooling fan recall.  All new parts and labor are covered at no charge.

Oil Sale:
O'Riley Auto Parts has 0W-40 oil on Sale.  5 Quarts and Oil Filter for just $32.99. 
You will need a total of 7 Quarts per oil change.

Had to log on jus to say thanks for the heads up on the recall and oil... $33 is a F'N steal, might as well get 2 changes worth at that price.

sad to say im one of those guys whos driving a 04 v6 mustang was a grad gift love the car, but after awhile you miss the sound and power i would of gotten from a v8..

so to me if your buying american always go the v8 route it would just make the car that much better..having a v6 is like looking buff with no power to back it up if that makes sense

Back
Top Bottom