Am I the only one that think it is pointless to get a Dodge Charger or Challenger if it isn't a Hemi

Originally Posted by cguy610

However, as far as I'm concerned, these opinions are not valid.  The fact of the matter is a V8 is more expensive than a V6, so how can you tell a person that he/she should have spent more of their own money? 

Unless car A is the same price as car B, then it is invalid to tell someone that they should have bought a more expensive car.  It's like telling someone that they should have bought a bigger house that is more expensive.  Well, ##+%, if you give me the money I'll buy a bigger house, otherwise be quiet if you are living with moms. 

Agreed... I think ninjahood shouldn't be dissing Spot's ride but again like I said above, ninjahood not owning a car does not invalidate his opinions on cars. It's just that this particular opinion of his is kind of unjustified. I've been agreeing and giving Spot props for the V6 since he posted in this thread, while at the same time I made it clear I would have gotten the V8.

Posting in epic thread.

I seriously can't believe some folk just won't let other men cook
30t6p3b.gif

Let the man do whatever he wants with his damb money famz.

Originally Posted by scshift

Well the original issue were dudes calling ninjahood out saying he couldn't afford that car, then they said he had an $80,000 shoe collection. If he sold that he could be pushing a Porsche so then I'd say he's within his rights to voice his opinion.

Oh yea, I call BS on this.

I'll break it down for you.

If you are unemployed and can't find a job that pays $20K, you are in no position to talk.

If you normally own Porsches and sold all of them so that you can walk;  I said if you couldn't afford/budget for a car so this is irrelevant.

Could Ninjahood afford a V6 Challenger or SRT?  I don't know, he's just some dude on a message board as far as I'm concerned.

If a girl is ugly/garden tool and you can't pull ugly/garden tools, then you have no right to voice your opinion.

Well the original issue were dudes calling ninjahood out saying he couldn't afford that car, then they said he had an $80,000 shoe collection. If he sold that he could be pushing a Porsche so then I'd say he's within his rights to voice his opinion.

And as for people holding opinions without the ability to do so, that's your view, which is cool. Me personally, I'd feel wronged, just like you, if some chump in high school was dissing my ride, but at the same time I'd take a step back and see what he was saying. If he actually put down valid points that my ride was not good, then yes, I would take his opinion into consideration.

Whenever someone offers an opinion, I think it's best to look at the opinion and see it's validity THEN look at the person who said it. Who said it means nothing if the opinion is valid/invalid. Sometimes very qualified people say terribly stupid things and sometimes very unqualified people say very reasonable and truthful things.
However, as far as I'm concerned, these opinions are not valid.  The fact of the matter is a V8 is more expensive than a V6, so how can you tell a person that he/she should have spent more of their own money? 

Unless car A is the same price as car B, then it is invalid to tell someone that they should have bought a more expensive car.  It's like telling someone that they should have bought a bigger house that is more expensive.  Well, ##+%, if you give me the money I'll buy a bigger house, otherwise be quiet if you are living with moms. 
QFT

I'll break it down for you.

If you are unemployed and can't find a job that pays $20K, you are in no position to talk.

If you normally own Porsches and sold all of them so that you can walk;  I said if you couldn't afford/budget for a car so this is irrelevant.

Could Ninjahood afford a V6 Challenger or SRT?  I don't know, he's just some dude on a message board as far as I'm concerned.

If a girl is ugly/garden tool and you can't pull ugly/garden tools, then you have no right to voice your opinion.

And as for people holding opinions without the ability to do so, that's your view, which is cool. Me personally, I'd feel wronged, just like you, if some chump in high school was dissing my ride, but at the same time I'd take a step back and see what he was saying. If he actually put down valid points that my ride was not good, then yes, I would take his opinion into consideration.

Whenever someone offers an opinion, I think it's best to look at the opinion and see it's validity THEN look at the person who said it. Who said it means nothing if the opinion is valid/invalid. Sometimes very qualified people say terribly stupid things and sometimes very unqualified people say very reasonable and truthful things.
The fact of the matter is a V8 is more expensive than a V6, so how can you tell a person that he/she should have spent more of their own money? 
this is where you weren't paying attention. way back in da car thread when money posted his base model, i said he for da money he spent on a new low entry challenger he could've gotten da R/T-SRT for either da same or a lil bit more pre-owned, people agreed with

da consensus and son got his panties in a bunch. let da next idiot take da hit on appreciation on da ride and get da best value for your money while not skimping on performance....sound car advice, but da lil knucklehead instead of takin that jewel for da next time

he decided to let his estrogen ooze out. 
laugh.gif

One more thing.

Its hilarious to me folks are arguing about V6 or V8 Chargers when they really ain't "muscle" cars anyways.

Even if you have a SRT8 you basically have a fast family sedan that a comparably priced real "muscle" cars will smoke anyways

Ain't no damn 4 door muscle cars.

I love em and actually own one but it is what is it is.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Wasn't there a pair of these that didn't have zoom, cost like half as much, and had none of the legendary performance, but looked the same for the most part?

throwback-thursday-nike-air-zoom-huarache-2k4-all-star-2.jpg

Most of us on NT wouldn't have even thought about copping the cheaper joints, but some people don't care, either because they didn't want to ball in them anyway, or because they were content with "looking like" they had the proper joints.

I feel like this is sort of the same thing.

silver-nike-flightposite-2-1.jpg
da hemi

silver-nike-solo-flight-p.jpg
da base model

For the last time. Can you please show me an add for a severely depreciated Challenger? You keep bringing it up and I keep calling you out. Find me one just one that isn't a salvage title.
We're still waiting fam
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ksteezy

So here we have a guy who settle for less in life, schooling others on why they shouldn't settle for less in a car purchase....ohh the irony

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

this is where you weren't paying attention. way back in da car thread when money posted his base model, i said he for da money he spent on a new low entry challenger he could've gotten da R/T-SRT for either da same or a lil bit more pre-owned, people agreed with

da consensus and son got his panties in a bunch. let da next idiot take da hit on appreciation on da ride and get da best value for your money while not skimping on performance....sound car advice, but da lil knucklehead instead of takin that jewel for da next time

he decided to let his estrogen ooze out. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
   I'll just stay out of this. 

I've never understood people with this mentality. Let's say I bought a pair of Jordan XVIII and had to remove the zoom insoles and put in custom orthotics. Is their attractiveness suddenly diminished because there's no zoom in there anymore? It looks exactly the same and all I'm doing is walking around in them, I'm not playing ball and don't need the performance sockliner. 
I don't race or do any OD speeding so there's nothing I need to do that a V6 can't accommodate. Most of the driving I do doesn't even give me a chance to go over 45-50. My ideal car is reliable, gets me from point A to point B, and looks good. The Challenger is my favorite car out atm, and if I had a job and enough money I'd probably get a V8 Challenger just because I could, but I wouldn't look down on anybody with a V6. 

I drive a '96 Continental right now so if I'm ever even in the position to buy a Challenger of any type I will be grateful. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

I've never understood people with this mentality. Let's say I bought a pair of Jordan XVIII and had to remove the zoom insoles and put in custom orthotics. Is their attractiveness suddenly diminished because there's no zoom in there anymore? It looks exactly the same and all I'm doing is walking around in them, I'm not playing ball and don't need the performance sockliner. 
I don't race or do any OD speeding so there's nothing I need to do that a V6 can't accommodate. Most of the driving I do doesn't even give me a chance to go over 45-50. My ideal car is reliable, gets me from point A to point B, and looks good. The Challenger is my favorite car out atm, and if I had a job and enough money I'd probably get a V8 Challenger just because I could, but I wouldn't look down on anybody with a V6. 

I drive a '96 Continental right now so if I'm ever even in the position to buy a Challenger of any type I will be grateful. 
laugh.gif
the thing is that an SRT8 or an SS Dodge, looks significantly different than its base model....and in order to make a base model look closer to its SRT8 or SS counterpart you would have to drop some extra guap...so thats the only point i see eye to eye with ninja, whats the point of getting a base model and try to make it look like an SRT8?...if you just want a car for the looks, stick to your base model, its not like its an ugly car, just don't attempt to make it look like something is not....

let's face it, the v6 models aren't "SLOW". the new v6 mustang is fast as the older v8 mustang. to someone who considers looks more important than power, the v6 is more than enough. if you want to impress all the dudes or the power means that much to you, then there's the v8 version. there's no right or wrong, just get the trim that fits your needs best.

So here we have a guy who settle for less in life, schooling others on why they shouldn't settle for less in a car purchase....ohh the irony

Not this again...

I think ninjahood is wrong for dissing Spot's ride but all you people dissing ninjahood and his living condition are NO better.

Explain to me how he "settles for less in life"? Is it because he doesn't live the way you think he should? Because a grown man prefers shoes and an affordable living space in an expensive city as compared to buying a ridiculously unnecessary car and an even more ridiculously expensive property in NYC?

Ninjahood was hating on a young dude doing his thing... and you guys are hating on him for doing his thing. Maybe it's an inside joke or something, but I doubt it. Because he CHOOSES not to live in a place as large or furnished as yours his life is less than yours... well since you're not driving a Lamborghini and you aren't dating a Victoria's Secret supermodel, does that mean you're "settling for less in life"? I didn't think so. What the hell does that phrase even mean? Less in life as compared to who? So men are basing their quality of life by how it compares to other men's now?

Originally Posted by ThuG LyFe

let's face it, the v6 models aren't "SLOW". the new v6 mustang is fast as the older v8 mustang. to someone who considers looks more important than power, the v6 is more than enough. if you want to impress all the dudes or the power means that much to you, then there's the v8 version. there's no right or wrong, just get the trim that fits your needs best.

Originally Posted by DROOPY7

roll.gif
my dude scshift trying to talk sense to people on here.
Lost cause man, it's NT.

Yup... I post something then everyone's like "yeah man... but he lives with his MOM... and this fool got the V6... he got ACNE... I'll put his head in his spare-tire-less trunk cause he got stiffed by Dodge"

It's kind of hopeless
laugh.gif

Not this again...

I think ninjahood is wrong for dissing Spot's ride but all you people dissing ninjahood and his living condition are NO better.

Explain to me how he "settles for less in life"? Is it because he doesn't live the way you think he should? Because a grown man prefers shoes and an affordable living space in an expensive city as compared to buying a ridiculously unnecessary car and an even more ridiculously expensive property in NYC?

Ninjahood was hating on a young dude doing his thing... and you guys are hating on him for doing his thing. Maybe it's an inside joke or something, but I doubt it. Because he CHOOSES not to live in a place as large or furnished as yours his life is less than yours... well since you're not driving a Lamborghini and you aren't dating a Victoria's Secret supermodel, does that mean you're "settling for less in life"? I didn't think so. What the hell does that phrase even mean? Less in life as compared to who? So men are basing their quality of life by how it compares to other men's now?

I'll just say this: There is a reason most NTers are antagonistic to a select few members on this site.

Honestly, at the end of they it's the persons money and he's gonna do what he wishes with it. Just because you guys are cracking on people with v6's doesn't mean that its gonna stop them from buying it.

Their money, their purchases.

Some people on this board are so worried about others when they should be worrying about themselves.

People throwing salt on a guy who owns an R8. Or on a guy who just had a kid and bought a BMW. Or on a guy who just bought a brand new house.

At the end of the day, they bought all those thing with THEIR money, so why are you guys telling them what "they should have done"

Let those boys cook
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by QnZInFaMouSS95

People throwing salt on a guy who owns an R8.

That one still blows my mind. He owns probably the nicest car on the entire board (I know some people got GTRs though so it's no blowout)... he's self-made and I hit him up through PM and he's a very cool dude, doesn't act like he's better than anyone at all.

You can feel the hate and jealousy coming through the screen with some of the posts you see.

From my understanding he opened a nightclub with his friends and bought that car with his own money... either my facts are off or our understanding of being self-made is different.

Originally Posted by FDUB

I just think with the history of these cars fro the 70's, it would be pointless to get these cars in a V6. What do you guys think? 

I think its weak unless it is at least an srt8

IIRC, he's 21. You expect to me to believe that he was able to own a nightclub and have enough cash-flow to own an r8. Just wondering, where's he living?

He's far from a moocher but no one has a nightclub and r8 at 21 w/o a big helping hand. r8? Nah.

My question is, to all of you guys hating on the v6, do you yourself own a v8? I'm willing to bet most of you don't (if you even own a car)

Back
Top Bottom