Am I the only one...

who tries to school people on ebay about fakes?  So, I was scrolling through tonight and happen to come by an auction for some Columbia XI's.  The only reason I clicked on the link was because of the outrageous price.  When I did I literally said what the F!!!
auction # 160784658419

I sent dude a msg basically saying ay bruh them $*&#'s fake and explained why.  He proceeds to tell me to look on google for other pics and the soles have been blue since 1996 ( columbia's came out in 19 freakin 95 ) and only the anni's came with a clear sole.  So, i sent him pics of mines to show the difference...

Basically after I do that dude tells me if I aint tryna buy the shoes then why i'm hating on him selling.  Dude was so bent on them being real and just completely oblivious at the fact that they was FAS.  I just shook my head said whateva dude I was trying to educate but it's futile so good luck.  Anybody else try to help out to stop people from possibly getting screwed over?

Nope...I don't even bother clicking on the page nor do I report them. Most people selling fakes in the bay know they sell fake kicks anyways. So it's a waste of time on a battle you won't win. I know, people will say, "well that's messed up, if you don't report them then other people will buy them" well...Those sellers are targeting the people with no knowledge and buys for hype (therefore the outrageous price) I would rather see some guy that has no knowledge and only buys into hype have fake kicks and pass on the legit releases cause they already have a pair. Also, I like telling dudes that their kicks are fake only when they think their shoe game is the $#!t but if he wears them and goes about his business then I'll do the same. It's easy to get fooled by certain picture angles but that's the reason you take your time on buying kicks and always ask for more tagged pics. I hope people on here by now should know the tells of fake kicks and if your new then post it on the PC/LC forum and ask for help. If you don't take the necessary steps/extra work to make sure your not buying fake kicks then you deserve to get got. I myself bought a fake shoe before, had no one to blame but me for pulling on the trigger to fast. Took the L and quickly learned what the particular shoe should have or look like. Knowledge is free but some people can cost them $150 shipped like me...LoL! Just my 2 but your entitled to yours as well.

I do sometimes when I'm bored. I usually just ebay for clothes now though. I think there was a statistic where 95% of J's on eBay are fake. I'd stick to Dunks and shoes of that nature if I were to buy shoes off eBay again. But good for you man. Mad props for doing that.

Some people (NOT ME) buy FAKE j's on ebay and don't care they are fake.
I have tried to school a few of my mates about fake j's but all they say is that they can have the same looking shoes
as me for half the price.
Some people just DON'T care.

Originally Posted by manslayer

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

how are they so blue in one pic but not in the other

First are OGs, second are retros
exactly!
first one were released in January 1996, some came in the black/grey classic Jordan box and some in the standard Nike box.

The OGs had blue outsoles, slightly higher patent leather cut and more stuffed at the ankle.

The 2001 retros had quite clear outsoles and at least not yellowish unlike the 2000 concords and SJs.

The tongue was sometimes quite short on the 2001 retros but overall the quality was good.

thoseOG's are beast, man OG 11s are the best shoe ever nothing comes close not even 2001 11s

the seller received one offer but it was declined, so basically the buyer dodged a bullet. It was set for  750.00 buy it now or best offer, unbelievable. can someone post a side by side photo of a real vs fake pair.because this issue comes up more often than you think especially with air Jordan's. It always good to be aware especially if you're paying an ARM & A chicken leg for a pair that you think is authentic. maybe this thread can benefit you.

Originally Posted by jumpman cbt2

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

how are they so blue in one pic but not in the other

exactly!
first one were released in January 1996, some came in the black/grey classic Jordan box and some in the standard Nike box.

The OGs had blue outsoles, slightly higher patent leather cut and more stuffed at the ankle.

The 2001 retros had quite clear outsoles and at least not yellowish unlike the 2000 concords and SJs.

The tongue was sometimes quite short on the 2001 retros but overall the quality was good.

Here are my pairs...

16226406cf695ac61c12a2520977fc2313d82c87_r.jpg

b8e16e696ea11f2257f83e799b7dffa321956aef_r.jpg

3753660a6536697fadf41385202a598e615ef980_r.jpg

I saw a pair of Bred IV's go for $350 a week ago, they were fake. Apparently the buyer didn't pay and they were listed again in a 1 day auction, they sold for $220. If anything I wanted to contact the bidders to let them know they were bidding on fakes because the sellers aready know. #230774099804

Some pairs are harder to spot fakes, like the XIVs, I'd never feel comfortable buying XIVs on ebay unless they were og, the retros no chance.
XIIIs you can spot fakes a mile away

It's not worth talking to a close minded seller. They don't wanna hear it, so they will brush it off.

If you really care enough, just report it to ebay.

I've tried to "inform" sellers on eBay and Craigslist about fakes. Most of the time I get the same reaction you described above.

Originally Posted by BigBZzang

Originally Posted by jumpman cbt2

exactly!

Here are my pairs...

16226406cf695ac61c12a2520977fc2313d82c87_r.jpg

b8e16e696ea11f2257f83e799b7dffa321956aef_r.jpg

3753660a6536697fadf41385202a598e615ef980_r.jpg

oh nice. i definitely learn something new everyday

i used to always harass people selling fakes on ebay just for the heck of it, i would tell them that I was going to report them to nike. it probably didn't do anything but that stuff just pisses me off

Wow. Just looking at those OG Xi's makes me want to find mine and clean them up. I wore them back in early 2000s and they have sat in a closet since. A great looking shoe.

Originally Posted by loshirtsandretros

Originally Posted by gopowergoh

I never buy Js on ebay

Indeed. If I'm gonna pay rape reseller prices, mine as get them from a legit site.

But there are A LOT of authentic sellers on eBay.
Just gotta do ya homework first.

I've bought many pairs (I believe 5 pairs) and they are all 100% authentic.

Back
Top Bottom