AMC Theatres to Change Movie Ticket Prices Based on Seat Location

I am A List member, so I try and watch a few movies a month. Always enjoy the big screen experience, especially, imax or dolby cinema. For me, I get value out of the membership
How does it compare to what movie pass was? Reduced prices on everything and what 3 movies a month?

How does it compare to what movie pass was? Reduced prices on everything and what 3 movies a month?
Never had movie pass. I think amc is more expensive. I pay like 25/month. 3 movies a week limit. You can catch imax or dolby, which itself pays for it. I think you get points for food and drinks, too.

3 movies a week damn, i don’t think MoviePass was much worse than 12 movies a month, I think it was unlimited, so essentially the same, but you couldn’t get in free on a movie’s opening-weekend night times, that was the only drawback. Idk if AList let’s you use 1 of your 3 if you see a movie that’s opening if it’s 7p on Friday?

Regal's Unlimited pass is Moviepass on steroids. $20 a month, you get to see as many movies as you want per day (as long as the start times don't overlap), discounts on concessions, and if you have friends that are members, you can book for them via the app. Been a member since they rolled it out in 2019 and don't regret it one bit.

Regal's Unlimited pass is Moviepass on steroids. $20 a month, you get to see as many movies as you want per day (as long as the start times don't overlap), discounts on concessions, and if you have friends that are members, you can book for them via the app. Been a member since they rolled it out in 2019 and don't regret it one bit.

Can you watch IMAX / Dolby? Will have to look into this.

Can you watch IMAX / Dolby? Will have to look into this.

I think there's a slight upcharge depending on the format. Mine doesn't have imax, but it's like $3 when you go to book a 3D movie. Everything else is just book and go. Conceivably, you could go see 4-5 movies in one day if the times line up. I've definitely done 2 with it.

Ya'll think they gon pull a Netflix and dial it back asap?

I’d hope so.

I know these theater companies have massive losses to recuperate in a post covid world. We all know the attendance hasn’t reached what it once was, and I’m unsure how long it will take to ever return to that, but I don’t think this is the step in the right direction. I’d imagine theaters need to find new ways to incentivize attendance, not penalize the dwindling numbers of folks who have chosen to go back to them.

So glad and proud of AMC for doing this and I hope they succeed. I happen to be an AMC A Lister.

Back
Top Bottom