American Bulldog or Rottweiler

I'm thinking bout getting a dog, and either want an american bulldog or rottweiler....So for all the dog owners on NT, if you have any of thetwo...Can u please tell me how the dogs are?? Ex. With little kids, house trained, other people....

Rottweiler:
Purplelying.jpg

American Bulldog:
mrbunglepup_American_Bulldogs.jpg

Love Rottweilers but they grow so fast their legs can get messed up and require surgery. My homie paid like 2,000 to get his fixed.

They are both great dogs but Rotts are verrryyy strong. It will over power most children on walks and when it plays so be considering of that.

They are both very protective but with proper training and exposure to other dogs, they will be perfect.

My mom had a rottweiler when I was younger...and I grew up with it until I was about 6 or 7...it was extremely loyal and protective of me...I would go with theRott, since it was good with kids in my exp. atleast.

I've had both. Both were great dogs and they are great with kids but can be protective of the family (which is good or bad). With the right exposure (justlike with most dogs) they are great around people. Those were my two favorite pets ever.

Rottweiler for sure.

I'm planning on getting a blue or a red doberman next summer. I can't wait.

Later on in life, I would like to have a Cane Corso and a Neapolitan Mastiff.

Originally Posted by AM 1 FIEND

Neither, American Bully ftw

Americanbullycorleonekennels2.jpg

IMO, these dogs are ugly and the total opposite of what it's roots from an American Pit Bull should be. Just bred for looks and its size.

Do what you want man not all dogs are the same, some are different from others. But do ur research on the characteristics on both dogs and which ever fits youbetter cop that breed.

I had a rott, airedale, jack russel, beagles, dalamation, german shepard. Out of all them breeds I pick the airedale. That thing is more lethal than a rott.Believe me Airedales are bred for bear hunting.

I have a 3 year old Rottwieler he is friendly but he is big he is aggressive when i play with him in that way but he is extremely loyal and follows and isalways aware of whats going on. My Rottwieler doesn't like people fighting so when he sees someone fighting he may want to attack so be careful becausethey are a strong breed and is a guard dog but he is like a big teddy bear but also has a very protective side. Choose a Rottweiler but don't be aggressivetoo much with him. They are great with children mine doesn't play rough with kids he understands that they are small. Rottweilers aren't mean its justthe way the owner trains them they can be loving dogs like mine.

Originally Posted by neddielutz

Love Rottweilers but they grow so fast their legs can get messed up and require surgery. My homie paid like 2,000 to get his fixed.

I work at orthopedic vet sugical center (which also offers canine rehab) most of the dogs we see for surgery are:

Rottweilers, bulldogs (french, american, english), labradors, pitbulls (this includes staffords), german shepards, dachshunds, and chihuahuas.

with the first five they usually suffer from hip dysplasia, torn acl, or luxating patellas.
the dogs either get really large in size rather fast, or get rather large in some areas that dont balance with the rest of their bodies.

I say if you do get any of the 2, watch the weight....if over weight this plays a big part on stressing out the bones, make sure you start rehab therapy ata young age (or keep them active when their young and especially as they get older) and consult with your vet when you should start them on glucosaminecondroitin (a joint supplement). Some cases these dogs dont need surgery because owners have started this process early. most of the time owners arent awareuntil its too late.

as far as behavior and temperament, that always depends on the owner.....IMO the dogs attitude and behavior are a reflection of what he was taught or sees,socialize at a young age and always try to expose your dog to new things and experiences.

and adopt a pet, there are plenty of animals out there that need a home.

Dunno if you saw the pet post... I have an American Bulldog. He's half Filipino.

I don't know anything about Rotts.. My Pandemonium - Panda, for short - is getting pretty big pretty fast. He's just short of three months old andweighs 30 lbs. He's strooong... for a lil guy. His parents were about 130 / 140 lbs each.

He's pretty well mannered. Gets sorta excited around a lot of people. Jus takes gettin trained I guess.

All these pics are from when I first got him... . 8 weeks old about.

l_14aacbd5d570f8237ef9d45b04b92487.jpg

l_c237d1e17d2a0d0a0d3b825c7c798b77.jpg

this060-vi.jpg

Good luck with your choice!

Originally Posted by AM 1 FIEND

Neither, American Bully ftw

Americanbullycorleonekennels2.jpg

That's not even a true Pit bull terrier anymore. I hate all these mutated pits and it's a shame folks actually love this and think it's a moredominant look/feature.

Back on topic though, Bulldogs look so damn dope in my opinion. My homegirl has one and I thought it'd be lazy but hers is pretty damn active.

Back
Top Bottom