American Gods (STARZ) Thread

I thought there was mention of an Anansi spinoff last season? after this episode put a black team behind it and i'm with it.
I am definitely in for that one.
After the abomination Gods Of Egypt, with Horus, Set and Ra, Ast and Ausar being played by White actors, I do not trust that they will do it justice without an all Black team running things. Perhaps after the success of Black Panther, it will get done.

Well, I'm pretty sure most of the ppl behind this are white and they've gotten it right so far.

Bryan Fuller knew what he was doing. Plus the source material is Neil Gaiman and he's very detailed with his work to say the least

I even liked how they explained Shadow's upbringing as to show why he ain't your typical black guy.

What they haven't gotten right so far is that a Goddess like Bilquis would never acquiesce to a white god, for anything. The scene where she teared up after Mr.World threatened her about being judged, was insulting. Those who are well versed in Goddess worship know that this would never happen, and then would only come from a white male perspective.

“well versed in goddess worship”? Don’t think i’ve ever heard that phrase or will come across it again.
Misogyny and sexism dictates the level of your awareness and willful ignorance.
51c4o0DPvuL._SL500_.jpg

Last edited:
What they haven't gotten right so far is that a Goddess like Bilquis would never acquiesce to a white god, for anything. The scene where she teared up after Mr.World threatened her about being judged, was insulting. Those who are well versed in Goddess worship know that this would never happen, and then would only come from a white male perspective.
Nobody or not enough ppl believe in her for her to have any real power or authority to rival him. Keep in mind this a war of gods being fought in America. This is largely a war of white gods. Conceptually the only reason Odin, Anasi, Bilquis, etc. are even there is cuz of all of the immigrants from everywhere else that have came to America. If you read the source material you would come to find these aren't even the only versions of these gods.

She's actually fearful of being forgotten. When Anasi went off on them the lay of the land for black ppl he described also paralleled their standing.

They cant sit the war out, she cant play both sides, that's how you get caught in the crossfire.

Personality wise, maybe youre right that she wouldnt acquiesce but I feel her behavior is only a reaction to this circumstance.

Last edited:
Yeah it sucked to see her homeless when she may have been the oldest and most influential at one point, but it drove home that she no longer has believers or power like that.

I’m sure Shadow gonna appreciate laura getting pounded by other dudes again. :lol::smh:

I’m sure Shadow gonna appreciate laura getting pounded by other dudes again. :lol::smh:
Already?
She just got the body back, still trying to get Shadow back, yet her Back getting blown is the only back she’s getting?

That little floozy.
I hope the ding-a-ling was worth it :lol:

Does it atleast show her fire red bush?

No bush and she didn’t even get her body back yet. she needs another ingredient for the potion they gave her.

Already?
She just got the body back, still trying to get Shadow back, yet her Back getting blown is the only back she’s getting?

That little floozy.
I hope the ding-a-ling was worth it :lol:

Does it atleast show her fire red bush?

I think it was part of the process. Notice dude told Mad Sweeney it was a trade.

Episode was so damn boring. Could’ve told odin and his son’s story in 15 minutes and have something interesting for the rest of the episode. 2 episodes left and most of this season has been crap. They must want this show to be cancelled.

I am certain that the white fans of this show, found it to be boring. Those of us who know the history of the Nile, the original people, and the role of the Goddess, know how important and groundbreaking this season is. Great show.

dead wife is a *****

i think shes one of those types wouldnt be happy with any ****** thing

just miserable to be miserable
mean.gif

i dont even think she got anything out of ****** w voodoo dude just doing it to be doing it

Back
Top Bottom