American Psycho..... REEEEEEEE-MAKE

[h1]Lionsgate to remake 'American Psycho'[/h1][h2]Noble Jones tapped to pen new adaptation of Brett Easton-Ellis novel[/h2]
By Jeff Sneider

americanpyscho_275.jpg

Lionsgate has tapped Noble Jones to write and direct a reimagining of "American Psycho," based on Bret Easton Ellis' 1991 novel.
Low-budget project, which has not yet been greenlit at Lionsgate, is in the early stages of development at the studio.

Set in Manhattan during the Wall Street boom of the late 1980s, "American Psycho" concerns Patrick Bateman, a wealthy investment banker by day who becomes a homicidal maniac by night. Mary Harron previously adapted the book for the 2000 feature starring Christian Bale.

Jones pitched the project to Lionsgate several months ago and recently turned in a script that explores how Bateman would fare in modern-day Gotham.

A protege of David Fincher, Jones is a commercials and musicvideo helmer who was second unit director for the Boston-shot scenes in Fincher's "The Social Network."

[h1]'American Psycho' Writer Endorses 'Kardashians' Star Scott Disick For Reboot[/h1]
Posted 9 hrs ago by Jocelyn Vena in Casting Call, Twitter-Wood

"Kardashians" star and Kourtney’s baby daddy Scott Disick has been given the co-sign by "American Psycho" writer Bret Easton Ellis to inhabit the skin of Patrick Bateman, a role made famous by Batman himself, Christian Bale.

After news broke of a proposed remake of the 2000 film, as reported by Variety this week, Scott, who pretty much is the living embodiment of the Big Apple yuppie/serial killer/investment banker in look, charisma and style, took to Twitter to pitch himself as the perfect leading man for the leading role.

“just heard there doing a remake of American Psycho!

Scott is an actor now?....i highly doubt he can pull off such a powerful character to make this not turn into a troll fest.

christian-bale.gif

i never bother to watch this movie 

but anyways is worth watching it and is it good

It won't alter how I view the original. Not to mention it's a low-budget reimagining of the book, so it's not exactly a remake of an original story.

1st response is not to remake it but given the story it is the type of movie you can remake if you have the right actor and just a different ending similar to the Dorian Gray movies.

Scott has the look but I doubt he can act and pull off this role. If he gets it'll just turn in to a troll movie with laughing @ you acting.

I would be down if they followed the book closer... At least the vividnes of the murders... They really pg13ed the last movie

Go for it.
I hope they spend a ton and make nothing back.
Just another 'wait what? that's real and in theaters?!' to add to the stack.
eyes.gif

This was a disappointing year for movies.*

*inb4 don't they always say that

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Scott my dude and all (II) but I can't rock with this
laugh.gif

this
did anyone see Part 2 with Mila Kunis it was hoooorrrrible
Rules of Attraction with James Vanderbeek is the real sequel (based on the book about Bateman's younger brother) and way better.

If only for:

JessicaBiel_RulesOfAttraction_hkb54.jpg

No. Absolutely not. There is no reason to remake this movie. A digital remastery, perhaps? But not a remake.

Back
Top Bottom