Americans Are Fat AF

Did you get injured or stop being active?

Or did the food just get crazy?
Stopped being active after college then 40hr good *** job stage of life and couldn’t just hoop alk day. Have gained a lot and lost a lot for a whike a few times since. Gained during both daughters' pregnancies, gained during pandemic.

Your boy out here 6ft 310 sz 42 jeans. Need to be about 240 in 38s, which is what i was around 7yrs ago and a weight i was able to hoop at comfortably. i want to get back to hooping and hopefully dunking on fools again.

I can relate to this. Heaviest i hit was 293 @ 5'11" .. i am notoroious about gaining and losing though. I played baseball through college ao that kept me in shape subconsciously. When i graduated and started working, that basically took up my time and i focused on a career.

All in all in the last 11 years ive lost/gained 5 diff times. Since college though the least ive weighed after losing was ~235.

Like you though hoopin daily those first cpl years after school were easy cardio. Wanna get back out there though and i currently play baseball during the summer but i surprisingly still got most of my speed even being fat

man...my sons friends parents consistently taunt us for not giving him trash. They will offer him a snack and say "oh sorry it isn't organic" or some other bs. I just be like whatever. You raise your kids the way you want and I will do the same. I was thinking about that as well 'oh a cookie here and there won't hurt'...so every now and then i will try to give him junk and to my joy he dosen't like most stuff. lol. For his birthday, he barely ate his own cake or cookies. He would try it and be like no thanks. He did go to town on cake pops though.

Has this gotten any better?

I come in pure peace.

And yea bmi is big trash, but is always has been. You have any muscle mass you’re goong to be into the danger zone of 30s. Just find somewhere that has an N Body Scan machine free. Supplement Worlds down here have them and some gncs have them or similar machines for a fee or whatever gym you go to might have one; tell you your lean mass, body fat, even break it down unilaterally by body part and everything and then shoot for improvement there (down to 20% then to 15%)

Recommended body weight sites be telling me I should be like 179 max at 6’0 and Im like maybe if ai caught off a leg. Even if I could get to 0%fat which isn’t possible or healthy, Id be over 200

And yea bmi is big trash, but is always has been. You have any muscle mass you’re goong to be into the danger zone of 30s. Just find somewhere that has an N Body Scan machine free. Supplement Worlds down here have them and some gncs have them or similar machines for a fee or whatever gym you go to might have one; tell you your lean mass, body fat, even break it down unilaterally by body part and everything and then shoot for improvement there (down to 20% then to 15%)

Recommended body weight sites be telling me I should be like 179 max at 6’0 and Im like maybe if ai caught off a leg. Even if I could get to 0%fat which isn’t possible or healthy, Id be over 200
“Normal” BMI for someone my height, 6’1, is 144-182.

I weigh about 180 and I’m in pretty good shape. It makes no sense that me being 10 pounds heavier classifies me as overweight, but being 30 pounds lighter is considered normal. I’d be in the hospital at 150.

“Normal” BMI for someone my height, 6’1, is 144-182.

I weigh about 180 and I’m in pretty good shape. It makes no sense that me being 10 pounds heavier classifies me as overweight, but being 30 pounds lighter is considered normal. I’d be in the hospital at 150.

bmi as a single indicator/metric can be a good guide but obviously incomplete for the reasons that have already been mentioned but even with more muscle being somewhat protective in terms of aging it is metabolically expensive and does have downsides especially if one is on the heavier side of the distribution, as just being a larger human/organism generally makes susceptibility to a shorter lifespan more likely.

American eat too many wasted calories. Like juice.
949D02E3-B1D0-4D5F-BE68-1A6FC3E7CF9D.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom