Americans Are Fat AF

AlarmedBadAnchovy-small.gif

McDonald's on one end of the block. Wendy's on the other. Three mom and pop pizza joints and a Dunkin Donuts in between. Chicken nuggets, tots, Jello and chocolate milk for kids lunches. Soda machine in the cafeteria. Double Gulp 50oz soda at 7/11. Quadruple chicken patty sandwich at Jack in the Box.

Not surprised :lol:

And before the typical #NTlogic of, "Why not let your kids be kids" response to feeding them junk food; those kids will be fine. Not giving kids junk is in no way stripping them of a childhood.

The world will find a way to give it to them. Friends, school, family, etc....

man...my sons friends parents consistently taunt us for not giving him trash. They will offer him a snack and say "oh sorry it isn't organic" or some other bs. I just be like whatever. You raise your kids the way you want and I will do the same. I was thinking about that as well 'oh a cookie here and there won't hurt'...so every now and then i will try to give him junk and to my joy he dosen't like most stuff. lol. For his birthday, he barely ate his own cake or cookies. He would try it and be like no thanks. He did go to town on cake pops though.

McDonald's on one end of the block. Wendy's on the other. Three mom and pop pizza joints and a Dunkin Donuts in between. Chicken nuggets, tots, Jello and chocolate milk for kids lunches. Soda machine in the cafeteria. Double Gulp 50oz soda at 7/11. Quadruple chicken patty sandwich at Jack in the Box.

Not surprised :lol:
I may need to try that quad sandwich for research purposes to spread the word of its demonic nature

My diet has changed quite a bit over the past few years. Don't consume as much juice or soda like I did in the past. I eat smaller portions and I try to drink as much water as possible. It's actually shocking how much weight can you lose without touching a single barbell, diet does a lot.

My diet has changed quite a bit over the past few years. Don't consume as much juice or soda like I did in the past. I eat smaller portions and I try to drink as much water as possible. It's actually shocking how much weight can you lose without touching a single barbell, diet does a lot.

Yessss! Thats the recipe. Small portions and a lot of water. Once your stomach gets used to small portions its impossible to overeat again

Yessss! Thats the recipe. Small portions and a lot of water. Once your stomach gets used to small portions its impossible to overeat again
It gets harder to overeat, but it's definitely not impossible. In fact, it's very easy to counteract that by just going back to eating more.

You be in the food thread?
Never been in there but I should check it out more.

Last night my wife popped some quinoa on the stove and coated it with 72% dark chocolate and swirled some peanut butter. Bruh. There are ways to eat healthy and still go to flavor town. People just gotta learn and take the time to own their meals.

As a janitor in a middle school, ( @ahat20 @nawghtyhare ) I have to write education plans for kids. Before that I have to assess their current abilities through different domains.

The dude I am currently assessing is eating a bag of Haribo Sour Worms FIRST thing in the morning. Trying to have a convo with him about that being the first thing he is putting in his body. He claims he CAN'T wake up early enough to get here in the morning to eat breakfast. I tried explaining to him that him not waking up on time is a choice since he admitted to staying in the bed.

Of course being 13 years old, he has no clue but many kids wake up eating junk food in the morning. I just told him to pay attention to how his body reacts to that type of consumption.

He is already tired as it is, he will crash by 10:15
Bruh I see kids all the time drinking a 22 of Arizona ice tea and hitting the takis first thing in the morning. Kills me man.

Never been in there but I should check it out more.

Last night my wife popped some quinoa on the stove and coated it with 72% dark chocolate and swirled some peanut butter. Bruh. There are ways to eat healthy and still go to flavor town. People just gotta learn and take the time to own their meals.
Quinoa and chocolate? How was that? Never heard of that combo

As a janitor in a middle school, ( @ahat20 @nawghtyhare ) I have to write education plans for kids. Before that I have to assess their current abilities through different domains.

The dude I am currently assessing is eating a bag of Haribo Sour Worms FIRST thing in the morning. Trying to have a convo with him about that being the first thing he is putting in his body. He claims he CAN'T wake up early enough to get here in the morning to eat breakfast. I tried explaining to him that him not waking up on time is a choice since he admitted to staying in the bed.

Of course being 13 years old, he has no clue but many kids wake up eating junk food in the morning. I just told him to pay attention to how his body reacts to that type of consumption.

He is already tired as it is, he will crash by 10:15

You’re allowed to write nutrition plans for people where you’re from? That’s illegal in my state unless you are a certified nutritionist. Even as a personal trainer they tell me to be VERY general when talking about nutrition as it’s outside my scope of practice.

If someone says they are stopping cold Turkey, I am not sure why, "You don't have to do THAT, just limit it" is a response. Sure, that might be true but if they want to be excellent, don't tell THEM being good is, "good enough." I get what the intent was was but just not sure with how poorly our diets are as Americans that you would tell somebody to do that.
I get what you saying. Moderation is key, but trust me, there are certain foods for certain people that they HAVE to stop cold turkey. Even for me- someone who once I had candy I couldn't stop. I needed to excise it completely.

Last edited:
Yo dc, taking about kids being kids...

Do they tell the kids in your school not to drink soda? They do at my daughter’s, her and her friends are almost scared of it. :lol:

It’s on a cigarette level to them. I don’t drink it either but I just talk to them about what kinds of foods they like.

They go ape **** for chick fil a though.

Yo dc, taking about kids being kids...

Do they tell the kids in your school not to drink soda? They do at my daughter’s, her and her friends are almost scared of it. :lol:

It’s on a cigarette level to them. I don’t drink it either but I just talk to them about what kinds of foods they like.

They go ape **** for chick fil a though.

I am by far the most vocal to kids about what theu eat . They hide junk food from me when I walk around the corners.

Others do ot as well though but some younger teachers that want to be cool with the kids even eat junk food around them. Some even ASK kids for some. chips/candy

Good for you man, I’m glad you guys are actually schooling them on that stuff. Even if everyone doesn’t listen some kids for sure do.

That’s gotta be annoying watching clown teachers mess up your hard work. :lol:

matters7 matters7
Thoughts on this topic?

Hard for me too judge without have visited USA before.
I know for a fact that everyone I know from Australia has come back and the first thing they mention is how ridiculously big the meals are. A small over there is a large down here. I've even heard people say they just order one meal and share it between two people cos they are that big. Ive seen pictures of the sodas u guys have and the cups are huge.
So yeah USA is probably overweight for the majority.
But Australia isnt any better as far as being over weight
People will over eat regardless if they want too or just have no idea about calories/kilojoules.

Yeah folks would be surprised how much calories they drop just getting rid of sugary drinks and soda.

Good for you man, I’m glad you guys are actually schooling them on that stuff. Even if everyone doesn’t listen some kids for sure do.

That’s gotta be annoying watching clown teachers mess up your hard work. :lol:

Yea. The biggest push I make is more @water runs dry
I purposely only drink my Green Smoothies around children so I can ask questions and end up having conversations about fruits and veggies.

Back
Top Bottom