Amy Winehouse Dead at 27

It's sad. She did have a lot of talent, but her addiction got the best of her. Imagine what she could have done if she didn't have such a problem. Those videos of her recent performances are even that much more tragic/sad, but I've never been around someone who's had such an addiction, so I don't know how you could reason with that type of person to get them to stop.

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

Originally Posted by Club 27

RIP Amy

Spoiler [+]
Club 27 > 27 Club

How old are u b?
lets just say i only have 4 years left
embarassed.gif

I wish we could take the time to reflect on a person's death without ascribing ridiculous urban myths to it within minutes. She didn't die because of a "curse" she died because there was no one around her, or no one she would listen to, to shake her up and pull her away from her addictions. This is a woman who clearly had a lot of demons in her life and unfortunately she's paid the ultimate price for not adequately handling them. I'm sure we all know someone like that in our lives and unlike her they probably wont be so lucky as to get a chance to share their gifts with the world before tragedy strikes them.

rip...talented but someone who just didn't give a %#$$...those inner demons got the best of her. sad.

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

RIP.

http://niketalk.yuku.com/...MIND-LIVE#reply-11168004
Does it say anything about our society when someone in the public spotlight can go on such a self destructive path without anyone stopping her?

I mean, there's only so much family and friends can do to help her.  They can do interventions and force her to go to rehab but she still decides if she wants to continue using.  If the addiction is bigger than the person then there's no stopping it.  The only fool proof way would be to lock her in a room 24/7 where she doesn't have access to anything.  When you make the decision to start using those hardcore / addictive drugs then be prepared to have a lifelong struggle with it.

Back
Top Bottom