And the award for the hypebeast shoe of the year award goes to..

^^^basically after purple foams were released it changed.. Everybody wanted anything that had foamposite material like come on open your eyes. Foam boots?Skyposites? Give me a break foams originally released 12 years ago and were still somewhat under the radar even on the east coast only certain people knew whatfoamposites were. Now since the hype of the purple foams u got "foam heads" all over the country, out west dudes rock purple foams wit Lakers jerseysits no longer a nyc&dmv "hood" sneaker because of the eggplants. Wheter u like it or not recently foamposites have changed the sneaker game withassistance from idiotic HOH releases. Again like I said before yeezy's are a quick fad we are all sneakerheads we have seen this before.

Originally Posted by agold1002

are you kidding me
smh.gif

air-yeezy-new-images-04.jpg

fresh but def the hypebeast shoe of teh decade

/thread

Without a doubt. Love the black and pinks, but these were hyped up for no reason.

Man, I wanted the Yeezys.. but I wasnt about to search high and low for them shoes.. I also feel the 11/12 Jordan pack are pretty hypebeast-*%*..

Lmao so one color saved the foam line? I don't. Think so. Dark armies sold out. The yeezys are first non athlete Nike shoe correct? And how can u say thata shoe that even NON SNEAKER Heads are gawking over? Name the last shoe like that. People don't understand what a hypebeaSt is. I never wantd the yeezysbut had a chance and grabbed them. Yet I ALWAYS wanted eggplants since I first seen them. Non sneaker heads don't kno bout foams like the yeezys. I get madppl buggn on the yeezys more so than eggplants

^^^ i tried to enlighten u but i just cant. dark armys? u mean HOH dark armys? those would've sold out in kansas because of such limited quantities. giveme a break man.. fail on my part
grin.gif
. the point im trying to make for the third time is that if yeezy's were a eggplant foam type GENERAL RELEASE theywould have hit clearance racks and no one would of cared, the hype would of crashed and burned after the first day of release. now if the eggplants released inair yeezy numbers we would see the same crazy resale prices. basically what im tryin to say is that there is waaaay more hypebeast riding the foam train thenthe yeezy train.

Originally Posted by SylvesterMcGrizzly

How did the purple foams change the sneakerhead community? Because a few jb heads were checking for them? I don't blame them since jb was and has been putting nuttin but trash out this yr and if they dropped all the heat they were suppose to, then those same jb heads that "jumped ship" would be right back on the JB sack...and not that many of those ones sat on shelved, madd heads still copped except for those blk/cactus joints...blk foam ones were gone in a matter of weeks and tho blk foam ones have skyrocketed,
smh.gif
, in value online no one is biting....at all...foams ones sold well in NYC well before purple foams dropped
cosign foams beeeen selling well

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

^^^ i tried to enlighten u but i just cant. dark armys? u mean HOH dark armys? those would've sold out in kansas because of such limited quantities. give me a break man.. fail on my part
grin.gif
. the point im trying to make for the third time is that if yeezy's were a eggplant foam type GENERAL RELEASE they would have hit clearance racks and no one would of cared, the hype would of crashed and burned after the first day of release. now if the eggplants released in air yeezy numbers we would see the same crazy resale prices. basically what im tryin to say is that there is waaaay more hypebeast riding the foam train then the yeezy train.

ok. so if you are right. say there is alot more hype over foams cuz you are down the the nitty griitty of nike now. you are no long @ the top of the menu witthe yeezys. when you talk of foamposites and yeezys you are talking to generally a different crowd. if yeezys were a GR release, they would outsell foams pointblank period. cmon, glow in the dark soles. are you serious? i won a chicks and kicks contest in my city (spfld, ma) thru the yeezys on just for gimmies. dudehad eggplant foams and got no love. it was downtown on a saturday night and soooo many people came to me and said "oh dude yeezys ahhahahaa!! where u getthem!? i need them. how do you get them?" as if there is a certain mistique to them or somethin. now when i have my eggplants on, for example, i had acorner store hero shirt on, and who showed me love? people who were deeper into the history of sneakers and nike. the yeezys are way more hypebeast than thefoams. so what you are sayin is as well if they net/net yeezys come out in the #s that the foams were released they would NOT sell out? are you crazy?! andwhen i speak on the dark armies, i bet you didnt hear anybod NON sneaker head sayin "YO DARK ARMIES DROPIN HOH NY AHHHHHH!!!!" nope. but prior toyeezys i hear maaaaaany non sneaker heads wanting them. thats like saying to people do you want this ferrari or this salen 7? like, who that knows about carswould pick the ferrari over the salen. once you crack the ice of somethin, it get deeper only way people would know bout the intergrity of foams is if theybeen around the scene for a min.

with that being said, i honestly dont think there is a biggest hypebeasted shoe other than the yeezys. ya you had ppl sayin eggplants best ever witout beingseen, but then you had people who dont even cop kicks saying they want the yeezys and know about them.@ the end of the day if you can ask NON SNEAKER HEADSAwhat the nike air yeezys are or the nike foamposite one's are do you really think they will say they know of foams before the know of the yeezys?

eyes.gif

If by Hypebeast y'all mean popularity, then Eggplants and 1/2 Cents because you hear about 'em in the hood as well as the internet. You don't hearabout Yeezy's in the hood. You really only see Yeezy's being talked about on the internet. Resell prices are really because of how limited they are.

the yeezy without a doubt

the man could put his name on a Fila and it would sell no questions asked

the kanye west joints. they're not even all that hot and cats are just beastin over them.

Yeezy's. Eggplants were def not a hypebeast shoe. Ppl like Foams, and the eggplant color on em looks hot. Yeezys on the other hand, had to camp out dumbearly, not available at a lot of urban accounts (closest place to get em in Pittsburgh was Ubiq if Philly, 5 hrs away) And dude's count down every releaselike it's the cure for Aids, Cancer, Sickle Cell, and Herpes

Back
Top Bottom