and we're done

Melo's career in NY is looking like a repeat of Patrick Ewing in his prime

think about what I just said and you'll understand why i said that :smh:

great win against utah.
when's the last time Novak dropped 20? nice
ive been saying for months now, Copeland needs more burn. that man hustles on both ends of the court and can create his own shot as well as pick and roll.
kmart, welcome to ny sir. we appreciate your hustle.

Yeah. The saving grace is Amare's contract is done in 2 years. Melo at 31 can still be a high level contributor.

I'm just kinda down because it's looking like Amare is heading down that slope. I really want to be wrong though but I can't see this as just a procedure.

I will say though that this team aside from when they go through the motions, is definitely a good squad. Being able to knock off teams like that without your top two is a great sign.

Last edited:
Yeah. The saving grace is Amare's contract is done in 2 years. Melo at 31 can still be a high level contributor.

I'm just kinda down because it's looking like Amare is heading down that slope. I really want to be wrong though but I can't see this as just a procedure.

I will say though that this team aside from when they go through the motions, is definitely a good squad. Being able to knock off teams like that without your top two is a great sign.

If he is out for an extended period of time past 6 weeks, then his career is probably over. Not literally, but he won't ever be the same. His knees will always be an issue, and he might retire earlier than expected.

I really hope he'll be back after 6 weeks though.

Even if Amare were to never play another game for us again, his signing was the turning point of this franchise and the way the Knicks will model themselves from now on.

If Amare didn't sign here the whole 2010 thing woulda been a complete bust and we would have looked like an even bigger laughing stock. We would have looked like a franchise of clowns who suffered for years to get Lebron, just to wind up with nothing. Then with the whole CBA thing, Melo obviously wanted to extend his contract before that summer so maybe he doesn't even consider the Knicks without Amare bringing respectability and credibility to the franchise, and also making the team relevant again.

And then with no stat and no melo, Tyson Chandler and the other vets don't come here either.

Instead the Knicks are now at a position where they can potentially never fall into spells of sucking or rebuilding ever again. Free agents WANT to play for us, and as long as GMs and Dolan manage the cap properly, we'll always be in the running for top FAs.

So instead of looking at the situation as Amare being a waste and taking up cap space, remember that this dude turned the franchise around.

Melo's career in NY is looking like a repeat of Patrick Ewing in his prime

think about what I just said and you'll understand why i said that :smh:

Yea because Michael Jordan (Lebron James) is in the way of making it to the finals.

Last edited:
I was actually talking about the supporting cast for Melo. It might not be enough to get over the hump.

Last edited:
No because he doesn't have the help

Starks as a number 2 vs pippen lol.

Lebron ain't no MJ. The heat are just ridiculously stacked. And the Knicks don't have the talent to match up. Offensively especially we just don't have the fire power.

Ewing did much more than melo for us though I wouldn't put them in the same category. Melo is more Bernard king status. Who also didn't have that much help compared to who he was going against at the time.

Even if Amare were to never play another game for us again, his signing was the turning point of this franchise and the way the Knicks will model themselves from now on.

If Amare didn't sign here the whole 2010 thing woulda been a complete bust and we would have looked like an even bigger laughing stock. We would have looked like a franchise of clowns who suffered for years to get Lebron, just to wind up with nothing. Then with the whole CBA thing, Melo obviously wanted to extend his contract before that summer so maybe he doesn't even consider the Knicks without Amare bringing respectability and credibility to the franchise, and also making the team relevant again.

And then with no stat and no melo, Tyson Chandler and the other vets don't come here either.

Instead the Knicks are now at a position where they can potentially never fall into spells of sucking or rebuilding ever again. Free agents WANT to play for us, and as long as GMs and Dolan manage the cap properly, we'll always be in the running for top FAs.

So instead of looking at the situation as Amare being a waste and taking up cap space, remember that this dude turned the franchise around.

I don't view it as a waste at all. I'll always thank and respect Amare for having the balls to come here and get things rolling. If it wasn't for him we would not be in this position right now. I have no ill will towards him. It just sucks.

I was actually talking about the supporting cast for Melo. It might not be enough to get over the hump.

That's true to, but LeBron James is still in the way.

The more I think about it, this is exactly like Ewing on the Knicks in the 90's, but worse. :x

Last edited:
ugh 
mean.gif

Melo should still be a great player as he ages due to his style of play

It's not like he relies on his athleticism to score his buckets.

Amare though :smh: |I

Unless melo starts eating cheesecake and Texas chili fries every day I think he will have great longevity. Basically Paul pierce.

The issue is that stars will keep getting on Miami and the league will be pushing for a dynasty so the refs won't help us

Unless melo starts eating cheesecake and Texas chili fries every day I think he will have great longevity. Basically Paul pierce.

The issue is that stars will keep getting on Miami and the league will be pushing for a dynasty so the refs won't help us

yup thats the thing that scares me the most abt the east.

smh dudes in that stupid thunder getting a top 5 pick thread hitting the report button on me

soft *** non-dodgeball playing times we're living in :smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom