and we're done

Nash kobe artest amare and d12
Felton brewer melo gasol chandler.
I could see that happening.
But amare will be straight when he comes back :pimp:.

Last edited:
Not that it would ever happen, but everyone should want Gasol over Amare.

If Pau is soft, what's Amare?

Now that I had some time to mourn...just some thoughts on some stuff;

Disclaimer: I was high as hell watching the game on HD.

- Jason Kidd's value to this team cannot be measured by numbers. So many times yesterday, there were areas where we showed our knees stumbling. Kidd just brings that savvy and calmness that you need in an atmosphere like last night.

-Speaking of the atmosphere....Surreal. I had goosebumps man. Just think about how historic last night was. The first inter-borough professional basketball game ever played. It was so intense, and I know it got to the players. Especially the Knicks. I felt like we were trying to do too much. As cheesy and fake as that Brooklyn Chant was, the Brooklynite in me was smiling. It finally hit me that these dudes were in Atlantic Avenue, a 10 min train ride from my crib !

That Spike Lee promo summed up my feelings exactly.

So damn epic. Only word I could use to describe the atmosphere. Props to TNT and their Camerawork because NH I was staring into these dudes eyes and felt their intensity. Last night was all about New York Basketball, and props to the Nets, they punched us in the mouth. Whatever they still suck.

- Speaking about feeling the pressure. GOt to say I'm a little disappointed in Felton. I love the scrappyness, I love his hard work out there but he lets personal matchups get into his head. It was obvious from the start that he wanted to have a good game. Everytime D-Will made a play on one side, Ray would go down the other and try to score. Every. Damn. Time. The chip on his shoulder that allows him to compete out there every single night also is the piece that can cause him to play outside of himself. Felt like he wanted to prove something, (05 draft, 3rd PG coming out) and he let his feelings take control of the game. This is where Kidd comes in. No way in hell Felton plays so outside of himself if he had Jason there helping him direct. I'm sure Jason knows of this, and I suspect that as the season progresses, we will see a more matured Felton. But I dont ever wish for him to be any less aggressive. Hes a real NY type PG, i think we all can appreciate his competitiveness.

- Must have been a crazy experience for Melo too. Missed free throws is all I can say about where his mental state was at. Trying to do too much. It was his first "homecoming" you could say. You know he wanted to ball out. This is when he starts playing hero-ball, and it aint no knock on him man, he's an amazing performer. He lives for those moments to bring fans to their feet or shut them the hell up. Good last look, he just missed it. Also found it interesting how he heard boos in Brooklyn. He definitely didnt expect that.

- Tyson played real good, not worried about him as some of you are. If anything our perimeter defense has been lacking allowing too much dribble penetration.

- It's a rivalry folks. We got another one in Barclays coming up soon, hopefully we take that one, and then when those boys step into the Garden, it's clobberin' time.

What y'all think about possible playoff matchups? I would love to have our whole squad (healthy Shump, Amare) ready. It's so understated the effect Shump could have on slowing down premier wings in the L.

Overall, fun game to watch. Im angry we lost. But happy the game actually happened. Every game from now on is gonna be war, belee dat plehboi.

ante up and who shot ya instrumentals duriing Nets possessions were dope though, can't lie.

- Speaking about feeling the pressure. GOt to say I'm a little disappointed in Felton. I love the scrappyness, I love his hard work out there but he lets personal matchups get into his head. It was obvious from the start that he wanted to have a good game. Everytime D-Will made a play on one side, Ray would go down the other and try to score. Every. Damn. Time. The chip on his shoulder that allows him to compete out there every single night also is the piece that can cause him to play outside of himself. Felt like he wanted to prove something, (05 draft, 3rd PG coming out) and he let his feelings take control of the game. This is where Kidd comes in. No way in hell Felton plays so outside of himself if he had Jason there helping him direct. I'm sure Jason knows of this, and I suspect that as the season progresses, we will see a more matured Felton. But I dont ever wish for him to be any less aggressive. Hes a real NY type PG, i think we all can appreciate his competitiveness.

Very true.

Same thing he did in the Houston game.

He was passing first and shooting second to start the season, that's why we got off to a hot start.

Then he started to be too offensive minded. He can still drop buckets if he lets the game come to him and takes what the defense offers, instead of looking for his shot first.

All in all, still glad to have him on the team.

not blaming the refs, but did anyone else notice that Wallace was setting some moving picks late in the 4th?

What pisses me off the most right now about Felton are his struggle floaters. I thought we were done with those after we got rid of that other ****** PG.
mean.gif

Last edited:
New Jersey record is pretty skewed. All their wins came at home and so far played like 65% percent of their season at home so far. Knicks know that their not even close to full strength and Jersey already are. Knicks Guard rotation is weak as it is. It took a turn back the clock game from Stackhouse to beat the Knicks. Take his performance out Knicks win easily. Melo has to be a better FT shooter during clutch situations 10/16 is not going to cut it. Melo knocks at least 2 more knicks win in regulation. NBA has to step in with the exaggerated flops or fouls whatever you call it. No way a 180lb Prigioni can move a 250lb Reggie Evans even if Prigioni tried, he would have to really shove him with both hands. Felton had a horrible game I rather see JR being aggressive with a ***** then Feltons 3/19

^^ 
roll.gif
 at "Jersey." They will always be ******g swamp rats to me 
pimp.gif

Kill yaself.

On my way home Who Shot Ya came on my iPod. I skipped that ****.
sick.gif
Tell me you had as awful of a time watching the end of that game/ leaving the stadium as I did. ******g fake *** Brooklyn fans 
mean.gif

The worse is dealing with some of my boys who are N*ts "fans," (pretty much all of whom were Knicks pre 2002), who now have the nerve to hit me up and update their Facebook statuses with "Broooooklyn" because they think that it is cool even though most of them have 0 ties with Brooklyn whatsoever.

And I'm not from BK, but most people I know from Brooklyn and follow basketball still remain Knick fans because at the end of the day if you are a real fan of a team you dont just leave because of convenience or a team's record.

Its like when I lived in NJ. I moved to NJ from the city right around the time when the Nets got good and the Knicks fell off. Plenty of people from the area were giving up on the Knicks and riding that N*ts bandwagon because they were on the rise and tickets were cheaper/more convenient than MSG. This is why I dont/never have (for those of you who have seen my posts during my time here) respected N*ts "fans" from the get go, considering that I dont think I ever met a N*ts fan before 2000.

Now if people want to do the same thing because it is suddenly "hip" to root for a team from Brooklyn that Jay-z jst happens to own .02% or some **** of (Jay-z is just as bad/worse as the rest of them) than Isay good riddance. I hate those kind of fans anyway. Thats why I get so pissed off when after it seemed like I was the only person I knew in the entire tri-state area (outside of my NT brotherin) who gave any kind of **** about the Knicks/watched all the games during the Larry Brown/Isiah/etc eras, all of a sudden the Knicks win 7 in a row and people I didnt even know watched basketball are suddenly die hards. Not coincidentally it seems as if these same people are the all the ones who will annoyingly hit me up overreacting about every little thing that happens and meaningless setbacks or early season losses in November. Man its gonna take a lot ******g worse than a 9-4 record to get me worried 
laugh.gif

Basically my point is, most real BK heads i know that follow basketball have grown up Knicks fans and have maintained that despite the team from Jersey relocating there. If the others are so willing to switch at the drop of a hat, they probably werent really down with the orange and blue to begin with, and will not suffer with the N*ts like real Knicks fans have proven they will for the Knicks. It may sound biased, and it probably is, but I respect real Knicks fans more than any other fans in American sports.

Even when I watch playoff games in "tough" home atmospheres like OKC, I definitely hear the noice and the energy. But I always feel its the kind of energy that comes from playing in a small market like OKC where the fans will come out and scream because it is something to do. And dont get me wrong, I respect it, and theres nothing wrong with it. But I never feel the kind of passion and urgency from those kind of fans as from the Garden crowd when the Knicks would have those kind of games in the 90s, and what it would be if we ever get back to that place.

Thats also one of the reasons I never had any problem with booing. Booing is the one way that fans can express that they care enough to stay and express disappointment to hopefully ignite positive change rather than to just leave or not show up at all. So if it is justified, like it has been on many occasions during the past decade, than so be it.

Anyway sorry for the rant, hopefully we can bounce back and get a much needed W vs Milwaukee. I love Felton and I dont want to jump the gun because I want nothing more than to see him keep up his great play and find a home in NY for years to come but I am definitely starting to get a little nervous. It was the same kind of situation during his last stint in NY where he had that stretch where he played exceptional and looked like a potential all-star reserve but than he would start to look like a guy who shouldnt even be starting. He needs to find some sort of consistency, even if consistency means that he doesnt play at an all-star caliber level, as long as we dont see stretches where he plays the way he has played over the last 5 or so games.

It was pretty bad sitting in that sea of what I believe to be 75% new Nets fans who were pounding their chest and taunting as if they had suffered through the down years the Nets went though. That's kind of the kick in the balls to me. The fact that a lot of these people just chose to root for the flavor of the month and weeks later were dancing in the streets over a victory against the Knicks.

Now, by all means, that's not all Nets fans. There were some there who were real fans (even if they just hopped on during the Jason Kidd golden era), but that's really the minority.

Bottom line though is that we lost. If we win that game, those Nets fans aren't nearly as annoying as they were Monday.

After a day of mourning, I can say though thy overall this is great for basketball in NY. The back and forth between fans at the Barclays all night was great. The crowd was really split. I was surprised with how many actually showed up wearing those lame *** Nets jerseys :smile:x)

I still don't really fear the Nets. Brook Lopez is the softest center I've watched in years. Joe Johnson is the king of Mediocrity. Jerry Stackhouse will never have as good a game again. And so on, and so forth. December 11 has to be a win.

I'm worried about Felton in big games. We shall see. With Kidd around it won't matter as much.

So many hipster looking fake *** people in the stands. From what I saw on TV. But it should be a fun rivalry. Both organizations been trash recently.

No flopping warnings for Reggie evans? Gerald Wallace? What a shocker, the NBA was full of **** once again

You guys know that Gasol has been playing the season so far with tendinitis in both knees and it's been killing his offense so far? The guy looked pathetic and lost last night and all season.

Hai guys, long time since I've posted in here. Hope all the OG heads are good. Welcome new regulars.

In any case, I'm selling a pair of tickets for this upcoming Knicks/Lakers game on 12/13/12 if anyone is interested. It's two (2) tickets in section 220, both for $500 ($250/each). The price is lower than the StubHub prices for the same section. If you have a different price in mind, feel free to PM and we can discuss.

I bought (partial) season tickets for this season so if anyone is buying tickets, I'm looking to sell at face value ($105) for most games:

Portland 1/1
Detroit 2/4
Toronto 2/13
Utah 3/9
Charlotte 3/29
Milwaukee 4/5

It's been a while since I posted in here, although I lurk every day 
laugh.gif
nthat.gif

I look at the loss like this : We didn't have Kidd,Amar'e, Shump, Nets are at full strength, Stack had his best game in years, and they STILL needed a few mistakes by us in the last few minutes to even take it to OT.

I'm not worried about the Nets, Miami and Boston are still my top 2 to watch as the season goes along.

Back
Top Bottom