Andy Rooney Dies at age 92

http://news.yahoo.com/andy-rooney-wry-60-minutes-commentator-dies-133038061.html

RIP...his rants will be missed 
pimp.gif

My Mom predicted he would croak after retiring... nothin else to do...

RIP

Originally Posted by 0cks

My Mom predicted he would croak after retiring... nothin else to do...

RIP

She wasn't  going out on a limb , the guy was as old as dirt

I really enjoyed catching his tidbits on Sunday mornings.

I hope I make it to 92.

RIP.

Originally Posted by sillyputty

One of my favorite rants of his:
Is9Ne.jpg
roll.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif
look at the sheer brilliance in this mans words!

perfect example why this guy is NOTHING....and nobody cares what he had to say when he was alive or now that he has died...

seriously I never understood this dudes issue or his baseless rants...out of all the things going on in the world it really bothered me the way this old white man regarded his own opinion. Good riddance.

^ If this guy is nothing, then why did he have his own segment on 60 minutes? If nobody cares what he has to say then why is it when he was suspended for a short period of time, 60 minutes lost 20% of its viewers? Oh that's right, you're just ignorant, never mind.

The only thing about that rant is that he completely ignores the fact that it goes both ways....he always does things like that, it makes me cringe

B Smooth with another insightful post to his ignorance.

So you don't want people to push anything on you when your born? I mean why stop at religion
Sillyputty you do realize you are the only person on this board that brings religion up right? You say its us religious people that try and force our beliefs on others but it's you thats constantly bringing it up in half the threads you enter and you know that's true

Do you really have to do that every thread Sillyputty?
RIP. His rants amused me. Sometimes.

Don't particularly feel upset at his passing... throughout the years he's shown to be insensitive, close-minded, and very often an old man afraid of change in an America that he doesn't understand. Of course, his career was vast so there will be some things he's said that I agree with, but there was a lot more that I did not. I do respect and appreciate his service and reporting during WWII, though.

R.I.P. to him and I hope his family and those close to him handle his death OK.

That quote makes a lot of sense. If you were born in a different household, then you would have believed in a different religion. Half of ya'll are die hard religious people but what you fail to realize is that if you were born somewhere else, you would be believing in a different god.

seemed like a decent man
always found his segment very entertaining
he stayed sharp all the way to the end

not many WWII vets left anymore

Originally Posted by capuT

That quote makes a lot of sense. If you were born in a different household, then you would have believed in a different religion. Half of ya'll are die hard religious people but what you fail to realize is that if you were born somewhere else, you would be believing in a different god.

but it also trys to insinuate that only religous people try to push what they believe onto other people, like athiests dont do the same thing...

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

roll.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif
look at the sheer brilliance in this mans words!

perfect example why this guy is NOTHING....and nobody cares what he had to say when he was alive or now that he has died...

seriously I never understood this dudes issue or his baseless rants...out of all the things going on in the world it really bothered me the way this old white man regarded his own opinion. Good riddance.

TennHouse2 wrote:
The only thing about that rant is that he completely ignores the fact that it goes both ways....he always does things like that, it makes me cringe

RavageBX wrote:
Do you really have to do that every thread Sillyputty?
RIP. His rants amused me. Sometimes.

TennHouse2 wrote:
capuT wrote:

but it also trys to insinuate that only religous people try to push what they believe onto other people, like athiests dont do the same thing...
Edit added:
GrimlocK wrote:
That quote was really pure irony when seeing silly post it 
laugh.gif

I never really learned anything about Rooney nor did I give any attention to his work but may the man R.I.P.

Gqdam.jpg

Man, NT is funny sometimes...

Andy Rooney and some of his quotes have added value to my life and offered perspective.

Notice that in my post I said that "this is one of my favorite rants of his"

Merely and ONLY to bring attention to something that HE said and I connected with. 

If you took offense to it then its not my damn fault...and frankly I don't care. 

If he made a quote about brownies then none of you would ever think to raise a concern about it. 

But no, since its about religion everyone wants to get their panties all tied up.

Andy Rooney is an interesting guy because for as much as he was revered, he was extremely controversial.

He is known for being racist and culturally insensitive at times earlier in his career. 

Also for him being an atheist, his age and the culture he grew up in made him someone who didn't support homosexual marriage.

There are good sides to people, bad sides to people, and controversial sides to people.

Andy Rooney was human. 

He said human things and made human mistakes. 

I posted one of his human moments about a quote that I agreed with.

In my signature is a quote from an infamous nazi that speaks to something EVERYONE in the USA can connect with...is it less valid because it comes from a nazi? 

I value quotes based on the content of the message, not the delivery of it.

People like you all are why good looking politicians win the vote instead of people who are more empirically qualified for positions.

Identify your own bias and evaluate the validity of your own arguments. 

That being said:
Spoiler [+]
29upzd5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom