Anfernee Hardaway's 2007 season. VOL: It was fun while it lasted

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by spydertbl

in penny's prime, i thought he was the closest player to MJ at a point, and he did beat the MJ's bulls without shaq

roll.gif
Yea ok

EVERYBODY used to say that about penny, so hold that laugh there man.

The funny part about everybody laughing at Penny in this thread a couple months ago is that even at his age and with his injuries right now, he is still betterthan everybody on this message board (except if there happens to be any NBA players lurking).

NTer who scores 12 points a game in weak city league and swears he could have made it if "the coach didn't hate me" < old Penny Hardaway

I think he didn't get a fair shot. Maybe i'm just being bias cause that's my favorite player but he was headed for failure the minute he signedwith this bum %!% Heat squad. I REALLY believe he can still help out a CONTENDING team who doesn't need him to do much but facilitate.

Originally Posted by rhcp729

someone will pick him up, i dont see how some of you can be so childish, the guy wanted to get back and he did. can't knock him for trying, he's still better than any of us on the board, so why you hatin on him?
roll.gif

Speak for yourself.

man. its 2008 now. he isn't Michael jordan only the only people who will remember him is us 80's/ born in 1990 kids. i was born in 1989. i remember himfor the lil penny doll and i always followed him since then. he was awesome but he got the bad end of the deal.

Originally Posted by ayoHOV

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

in penny's prime, i thought he was the closest player to MJ at a point, and he did beat the MJ's bulls without shaq

roll.gif
Yea ok

EVERYBODY used to say that about penny, so hold that laugh there man.

Yea everybody didn't know what the hell they were speaking of either...........

This still hurts to this day... I just wish we could go back to Blue Chips and he never gets hurt. Penny was that dude

are any teams gonna sign him this off-season
the chance that he got with the Heat was really unfair, and really didn't prove much

imagine if Grant Hill and Penny switched teams last season, things would've been very different
Grant Hill came back with a better team, Penny should get that chance too

and I thought I was gravedigging...at least the dude I reported on was still on an active roster at the end of the season...oh yeah same team too.

Originally Posted by Ziostilon

are any teams gonna sign him this off-season
the chance that he got with the Heat was really unfair, and really didn't prove much

I'm thinking no. Players that are kicked out of teams with the worst records in the league aren't exactly high on someone's priority list. PatRiley gave Penny a chance because he really liked Penny back in the day, I have this vid where Pat says that Penny is like Magic Johnson.

And Penny's 16 games with the Heat is more of a fair chance that some other players who wanted to come back, such as Shawn Kemp and Dennis Rodman, got.They even had enough faith to put him in the starting lineup 8 of those games. How the hell is that unfair? Penny is not good anymore and he won't play inthe NBA again. Learn to accept this.

Penny is still my favorite basketball player of all-time:

Pros:
Great passing
Good slasher
Decent shot
Unselfish
Solid post-up game

Cons:
Subpar defense (relied way too much on his athleticism, ironic because of how he played in his later years)
No killer instict
Extremely passive
Whinner
Coach killer

But yeah, I still have a bunch of his memorobilia. Signed basketballs, 8x10's, cards, etc...

what in thee bloody !@%$????

There is so much wrong with what you typed and im surprised NOBODY took you to school all these months this post been up....

omg
roll.gif

Penny's career is a wounded horse that needs to be taken out back and put out of its misery. Word to Barbaro.

Back
Top Bottom