Known ANNOYING POP UPS/AD WHILE BROWSING NT

I was just in this thread last night thinking how I haven’t experienced any of these on my phone but low and behold, I just got it on safari smh

Been getting the amazon user reward pop up more heavily today... This sucks...

DF256A9F-31A8-4FEB-9B93-223DD0824612.png

:lol::lol::lol:

Any plans for an NT app?
We're planning a significant update this year that would potentially lay the groundwork for an app - but the app would likely only add push notifications to the experience. That's the most popular request, however, so hopefully that would be sufficient.

Yup it’s back
It seems like the ones being reported today are all from different URLs. The "giftofhope" one was successfully blocked.

The ad networks are supposed to weed these out, but, too often, the task falls to individual site operators to block them manually. We'll stay on top of it as best we can, thanks to the help of everyone reporting the problem.

We had a really good run without abusive ads until very recently. We want a great experience to be the norm and we'll work hard to make sure that's the case.

This is brutal. Cleared everything on mobile safari and its worse. Now it's giftfromSanta.top and I can't even browse the site for more than 20 seconds before it pops up.

I'm sorry to hear that some new bad ads have begun appearing for you. To solve the problem as quickly as possible, we need screenshots and device/os information to help track down the offending ads.

Thanks for the detail, Nawzlew Nawzlew . I've passed this information on to the team.

If anyone else sees this, or any other abusive ad, please submit a screenshot as well - sometimes the source URLs vary and we want to eliminate ALL sources of the offending ads.

Thanks for the detail, Nawzlew Nawzlew . I've passed this information on to the team.

If anyone else sees this, or any other abusive ad, please submit a screenshot as well - sometimes the source URLs vary and we want to eliminate ALL sources of the offending ads.

Here's the URL for that one:

http://us.empathizing781da.top/u1228s/index_h.html?model=Mate 9 Porsche Design&brand=Huawei&osversion=Android 7.0&ip=73.170.210.180&city=San José&voluumdata=deprecated&eda=deprecated&cep=4ljEGA3erzA6ZzTJyfmRU6HUJRNADEUDpnSJJ4apqRvX8yg8UvIwLJ_bMiW8ZX9K8tjl-c5uOg4d-x8C9n3Q3tlaPtf_aydnBycEqFJ1WVGUfuyK7WOHFf738pA4ngUK6VGuftCXHGWpQUvVn_MSS1fZ6NGVaymC3TXK4DIQjjaLoKyT9JZ_N9otgdidCSq1mWbUrtkcSs71eHimlgSQdtPV6njwCS3PwVR9i1ePe6jkRkqqdCY9EwjdIBggKRpN4Kc8V1hTx7mNQRXe0yJ39Edx9KJeqjLoC6qFF9gLjUL7Wmp7oLV9oA4YDABz4TWO&clickid=1524090185410&channel_id=15_1166727__15_3431107__&rtb_source=waar_android&campaign_id=2554&sizeid=32050&mediaid=15

Here's the URL for that one:

http://us.empathizing781da.top/u1228s/index_h.html?model=Mate 9 Porsche Design&brand=Huawei&osversion=Android 7.0&ip=73.170.210.180&city=San José&voluumdata=deprecated&eda=deprecated&cep=4ljEGA3erzA6ZzTJyfmRU6HUJRNADEUDpnSJJ4apqRvX8yg8UvIwLJ_bMiW8ZX9K8tjl-c5uOg4d-x8C9n3Q3tlaPtf_aydnBycEqFJ1WVGUfuyK7WOHFf738pA4ngUK6VGuftCXHGWpQUvVn_MSS1fZ6NGVaymC3TXK4DIQjjaLoKyT9JZ_N9otgdidCSq1mWbUrtkcSs71eHimlgSQdtPV6njwCS3PwVR9i1ePe6jkRkqqdCY9EwjdIBggKRpN4Kc8V1hTx7mNQRXe0yJ39Edx9KJeqjLoC6qFF9gLjUL7Wmp7oLV9oA4YDABz4TWO&clickid=1524090185410&channel_id=15_1166727__15_3431107__&rtb_source=waar_android&campaign_id=2554&sizeid=32050&mediaid=15
I'm told that ad was successfully reproduced and blocked. You may want to clear your browser cache just to be safe.

Been getting this one alot (Chrome browser mobile)

mtpcft.png

Methodical Management Methodical Management
@HellaSteph

ive been getting this one for about a month now and most of the time havent been able to screen shot it because it loads over n over n over. i legit think its screwing with my phone though. I am only getting it on NT. At first I thought it was actually a virus because after a few times my sd card all of sudden said it was corrupt. So using my phone for NT is a not even a thought now because after about 2 minutes this ad pops up. The times it doesnt pop up, i get the ad blocker flash at the bottom of the page and usually it tells me either 3 or 4 pop ups were just blocked.

im stuck using work computer or my ipod for NT with this thing keep popping up.

Using chrome browser on Galaxy S8+

had this jawn happen to me earlier, it was ever so ironic that im in the politics thread and the url was so specific, hope all is well meth

Attachments

• 413ABEEE-2413-48FE-AAAF-B2482FEC9C3F.png
    413ABEEE-2413-48FE-AAAF-B2482FEC9C3F.png
    277.2 KB · Views: 13
Been getting this one alot (Chrome browser mobile)

mtpcft.png

Methodical Management Methodical Management
@HellaSteph

ive been getting this one for about a month now and most of the time havent been able to screen shot it because it loads over n over n over. i legit think its screwing with my phone though. I am only getting it on NT. At first I thought it was actually a virus because after a few times my sd card all of sudden said it was corrupt. So using my phone for NT is a not even a thought now because after about 2 minutes this ad pops up. The times it doesnt pop up, i get the ad blocker flash at the bottom of the page and usually it tells me either 3 or 4 pop ups were just blocked.

im stuck using work computer or my ipod for NT with this thing keep popping up.

Using chrome browser on Galaxy S8+

Here it is on mine

Screenshot_20180416-220225_Chrome.jpg

Given the frequency of reports, and the number of different sources, we've begun removing entire ad networks from displaying on mobile. The optimal solution would be to remove only the ads responsible to avoid throwing the baby out with the bathwater, but these pop up ads are extremely disruptive for those who encounter them and a gradual approach would be insufficient, if not disrespectful. The team is working hard to deliver an immediate resolution.

This is, unfortunately, and industry-wide problem: https://www.wired.com/story/pop-up-mobile-ads-surge-as-sites-scramble-to-stop-them/

It may impact our donation capabilities this year. I apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate everyone's patience and support.

Back
Top Bottom