Anonymous Hacked Security Firm HBGary Federal

Originally Posted by EveryDayKicks

Originally Posted by reeeem0

why do i think /b/ might have something to do with this?
*facepalm*
03e15cef99a12ee6bbd03219196dd61dd9b05d1.gif

Nothing on the internet is safe anymore, and no one can even control it. Anon is crazy scary

Nothing on the internet is safe anymore, and no one can even control it. Anon is crazy scary

How did Anonymous pull it off? Through a combination of hacking knowledge and simple chicanery. The group broke into HBGary's email server, and then used an email that looked like it came from the company's cofounder Greg Hoglund to convince a system admin to divulge passwords.
Are you SERIOUS?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I mean props to them getting into the e-mail system but getting the end result through those means is laughable.

How did Anonymous pull it off? Through a combination of hacking knowledge and simple chicanery. The group broke into HBGary's email server, and then used an email that looked like it came from the company's cofounder Greg Hoglund to convince a system admin to divulge passwords.
Are you SERIOUS?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I mean props to them getting into the e-mail system but getting the end result through those means is laughable.

Damn, they completely and utterly destroyed that company in one weekend.
NOBODY"S doing business with an internet security company that can't even keep themselves safe.

Damn, they completely and utterly destroyed that company in one weekend.
NOBODY"S doing business with an internet security company that can't even keep themselves safe.

Anon is the virtual Legion . If they went after nothing but monsters pedo's ,and criminals dudes would wipe the floor with crime.

Anon is the virtual Legion . If they went after nothing but monsters pedo's ,and criminals dudes would wipe the floor with crime.

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Are you SERIOUS?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Exactly, they didn't even have to do any work, really.

E-mail protocol #1: Do not give out your password information via e-mail, even if someone of 'authority' asks. That's the first thing anyone will tell you.

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Are you SERIOUS?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Exactly, they didn't even have to do any work, really.

E-mail protocol #1: Do not give out your password information via e-mail, even if someone of 'authority' asks. That's the first thing anyone will tell you.

If anyone is interested here's the IRC transcript between the Anon higher ups and the CEO's of HB.

It's a fantastic but long read.

If anyone is interested here's the IRC transcript between the Anon higher ups and the CEO's of HB.

It's a fantastic but long read.

Back
Top Bottom