Another abused dog found it's way to our house

Originally Posted by Method Man

Your family's compassion is truly commendable.

I'll reach out to a couple of our friends at the HSUS and see if I can get some answers for you.

It certainly seems as though someone nearby has been breeding and fighting dogs. To prevent further cruelty from befalling others, you should strongly consider reporting these incidents to the proper authorities (the local police department and animal control.) Perhaps the Animal Cruelty Taskforce of Southern Arizona would be a good place to start: http://www.act-az.org/report.html
QFT
what OP is doing is great but unless u report this you will just keep finding dogs at your house

I'll reach out to a couple of our friends at the HSUS and see if I can get some answers for you.

It certainly seems as though someone nearby has been breeding and fighting dogs. To prevent further cruelty from befalling others, you should strongly consider reporting these incidents to the proper authorities (the local police department and animal control.) Perhaps the Animal Cruelty Taskforce of Southern Arizona would be a good place to start: http://www.act-az.org/report.html
QFT
what OP is doing is great but unless u report this you will just keep finding dogs at your house

when my dog got attacked by a other dog they told me to spray her wounds with saline solution that it helps not kill the skin also said it was fine for her to drink pedialyte the clear one cause she was also dehydrated

when my dog got attacked by a other dog they told me to spray her wounds with saline solution that it helps not kill the skin also said it was fine for her to drink pedialyte the clear one cause she was also dehydrated

The look on the dogs face 
frown.gif
frown.gif

Wow thats great that youre doing this. I commend your bravery too, in most cases dogs that were used to fight are very aggressive and can be harmful.
The dog is pregnant, was pregnant, or has worms. Unfortunately worms in the digestive track can swell the dogs stomach making it larger than normal. That doesnt look to be the case here though.
From her nipples though you can tell she more than likely already had a litter previously.

Wow thats great that youre doing this. I commend your bravery too, in most cases dogs that were used to fight are very aggressive and can be harmful.
The dog is pregnant, was pregnant, or has worms. Unfortunately worms in the digestive track can swell the dogs stomach making it larger than normal. That doesnt look to be the case here though.
From her nipples though you can tell she more than likely already had a litter previously.

It's really a great thing what you are doing.  It never ceases to amaze me how cruel people can be to animals.  Like Meth said, reach out to your local shelter for help with the care, and to make sure they are aware of the issue.  I wish the best to you and the dog.

It's really a great thing what you are doing.  It never ceases to amaze me how cruel people can be to animals.  Like Meth said, reach out to your local shelter for help with the care, and to make sure they are aware of the issue.  I wish the best to you and the dog.

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

QFT

My MIL called animal control they said it would take them until 9pm to get there and it was only like 3-4 pm at that time. They are well aware of the problem in this area it's sad because there is so much backyard breeding and dog fighting out here. If a "healthy enough" pitbull is turned into the human society there is a law here they must turn it over to county which 9/10 they put them down. If the dog is believed to have a certain background like fighting or abuse than the dog is put down.

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

QFT

My MIL called animal control they said it would take them until 9pm to get there and it was only like 3-4 pm at that time. They are well aware of the problem in this area it's sad because there is so much backyard breeding and dog fighting out here. If a "healthy enough" pitbull is turned into the human society there is a law here they must turn it over to county which 9/10 they put them down. If the dog is believed to have a certain background like fighting or abuse than the dog is put down.

Originally Posted by IYE2

Her stomach where it's round is kind of hard when you palpate it. I didn't feel any puppies or anything moving around, is there a way to tell if it's worms??

Originally Posted by IYE2

Her stomach where it's round is kind of hard when you palpate it. I didn't feel any puppies or anything moving around, is there a way to tell if it's worms??

those eyes man
frown.gif

abused dogs can be some of the sweetest in the world because all they want is that affection and love they've never gotten. god damn i love dogs.
hats off to you and your husband.

those eyes man
frown.gif

abused dogs can be some of the sweetest in the world because all they want is that affection and love they've never gotten. god damn i love dogs.
hats off to you and your husband.

Thanks everyone for the help.

We decided to keep her and are taking her to the vet tomorrow to get her checked out. She's very young some of her teeth have barely broke the gums.

Thanks everyone for the help.

We decided to keep her and are taking her to the vet tomorrow to get her checked out. She's very young some of her teeth have barely broke the gums.

Originally Posted by GeorgeCantstandya

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

Major props to you guys. Very commendable and caring. The things people do to dogs and animals
30t6p3b.gif
Kills me to see a do like that, pregnant with a litter of puppies too.  Great thing you and your husband are doing.

I swear having dogs should be a privilege, some people can't even take care of themselves, let alone a dog. 

Originally Posted by GeorgeCantstandya

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

Major props to you guys. Very commendable and caring. The things people do to dogs and animals
30t6p3b.gif
Kills me to see a do like that, pregnant with a litter of puppies too.  Great thing you and your husband are doing.

I swear having dogs should be a privilege, some people can't even take care of themselves, let alone a dog. 

Back
Top Bottom