Another Paul Mooney Interview Vol. Quotables For Days

this man really came in here talking about the Holocaust?
SMH NT every we time we try tohave a mature discussion we always have that 1 person
Its one thing to have a difference of opinion but sheesh

Originally Posted by wren32

Originally Posted by Nash

paul mooney is funny as hell. Slavery was horrible but compared to the holocaust its a walk in the park.

now why would you come in here and say some off the cuff, non-sequitur, unnecessarily controversial stuff like that
indifferent.gif

There is no controversey in what i said. over 6 million jewish peole murdered because one guy got an enitire country/group of people to share his hatred for them. id rather be a slave then get starved to death, gased to death, shot to death or burned to death anyday. my point is it could always be worse. Slaves for the most part weren't just being killed for nothing jewish people were. And people need to take what paul mooney said for what it is JOKES.
You do know that many slaves were shot to death, burned to death, or gassed to death right?

Its funny how ppl depicted view paul. Why is it that only non minorities say he is racist(with the exception of those house n's) I can speak frompersonally talking to the man in person and several occasions, HE ISNT A RACIST. Some of you on here are more racist prejudice then he is, based offa threadssidebar comments etc.. He take everyday situations and bring them to forefront.. true he may put 100 on 10 and kida go in on certain aspects.. But they are allbased on truths. Man lol at some of the stories he has said and things he has talked about.

I remember him talking about how oprah, bill cosby and a few black investors where trying to buy nbc. They had plans for new direction for the network etc...Needles to say oh the ideas where great.... as the network is using them today. But google who are the owners of nbc. He had some interesting things aboutthat..., but i wont delve into that to much. I would hate for these(certain ppl on this site) to say oh skies the limit you can do be any everything you wannabe there is no limitations.

But yea talking about a situation like such with a slight edgy humor will be deemed as racist.. or bigotry.

Originally Posted by LDJ

Its funny how ppl depicted view paul. Why is it that only non minorities say he is racist(with the exception of those house n's) I can speak from personally talking to the man in person and several occasions, HE ISNT A RACIST.

Take this remark: "White folks don't age well, I thought it was a little troll up there... Once "they" pass a certain age you don'trecognize them" and replace "white folks" with "black folks" and imagine Bill O'Reilly saying it... Or maybe when he said"the little white coutry singer", imagine if a white person called Beyonce "the little black R&B singer".....is the picture clearernow?

I can't stand double standards...makes me so mad!

I do realize because he's a comedian, you have to take these things with a pinch of salt, but it's still fundamentaly racist and they're enoughdummies out there (black and white) who will take him 100% seriously...and that's when it gets dangerous.

Originally Posted by lexflex81

Originally Posted by LDJ

Its funny how ppl depicted view paul. Why is it that only non minorities say he is racist(with the exception of those house n's) I can speak from personally talking to the man in person and several occasions, HE ISNT A RACIST.

Take this remark: "White folks don't age well, I thought it was a little troll up there... Once "they" pass a certain age you don't recognize them" and replace "white folks" with "black folks" and imagine Bill O'Reilly saying it... Or maybe when he said "the little white coutry singer", imagine if a white person called Beyonce "the little black R&B singer".....is the picture clearer now?

I do realize because he's a comedian, you have to take these things with a pinch of salt, but it's still fundamentaly racist and they're enough dummies out there (black and white) who will take him 100% seriously...and that's when it gets dangerous.
I personally would Lmao if Bill actually did that.

But those are stereotypes.
Any Beyonce criticism would begin with "That big R&B singer."
laugh.gif
smh.gif

But sometimes you have to use a stereotype to get your point across. We don't have the same expectiation's of Mooney, as we do of O'Reilly.

What Mooney says is more dangerous if you don't listen cause his delivery isn't picturesque.

LDJ wrote:
Any Beyonce criticism would begin with "That big R&B singer."
laugh.gif
smh.gif

True, true
roll.gif

But yeah, you're right that there are plenty of people out there who don't really listen, just hear what they want to hear...
smh.gif

kix4kix wrote:
wren32 wrote:

wren32 wrote:

wren32 wrote:
paul mooney is funny as hell. Slavery was horrible but compared to the holocaust its a walk in the park.

now why would you come in here and say some off the cuff, non-sequitur, unnecessarily controversial stuff like that
indifferent.gif

There is no controversey in what i said. over 6 million jewish peole murdered because one guy got an enitire country/group of people to share his hatred for them. id rather be a slave then get starved to death, gased to death, shot to death or burned to death anyday. my point is it could always be worse. Slaves for the most part weren't just being killed for nothing jewish people were. And people need to take what paul mooney said for what it is JOKES.

look dingbat, what I'm trying to say to you is that nobody was talking about the Holocaust in here so what is the point of arguing your point that it was worse than slavery? Regardless of whether or not it was, why even bring such a divisive topic in here?

Dingbat? haven't heard that in a while lol the point is people cant take a joke for what it is and they think that slavery is the end all be all of bad things that have happened in the world and its not. Take what the man said for what it is and laugh cuz it could be alot worse.

listen here, you whimsical vagabond. I have never in my life seen a more unnecessary comparison. first off, Holocaust lasted all but how long? Blacks still in chains today.

6 milliion died by ovens now? Not true brody. Most, if not all, were by starvation, a death which some slaves would have killed for. Why bring up the imagry of ovens though? Do you know what it's like to have your scrotum cut off, then fed to you while you are hung from a noose? Cuz I am sure my duke Abraham was getting that same treatment behind bars? Not likely, and atleast the Jews knew what it was like to be free. Atleast they had freedom, a decision made for by slaves. Born into slavery, do you have any idea how powerful that belief system is? How detrimental that frame of mind, can cause generations? At the end of the day, they were both horrible, but 400 years of slavery >>>>>>. You dingbat.
im pretty sure i said there were multiple scenario's in which Jewish people were killed not just ovens. starvation was the main source ofdeath yes but there were still many many deaths by gas chambers, firing squads and ovens. and as for the scrotum thing i sure dont know what its like but doyou know whats its like to be takin from your house and have to walk barefoot for hundreds of miles without any food or water, with very little clothing on (nomore then the equivelant of a tall tee on) and then if you were fortunate enough to survive that then you got the please of being shoved in a gas chamber beingshot to death or dying how some nazi saw fit. By some of your comments i am going to assume you didn't pay attention in U.S. History. I know for a factthat over the course of slavery there was probably less then a million slaves killed for no reason. There was 6 million Jewish people killed for absolutelynothing in less then 10 years. I would rather work in the hot sun pick some other mans crop for the rest of my life then be killed cuz of my religious belief,it may not be how they wanted to live but its living none the less.

Easily the stupidest thing I've ever read on NT

i'd like to cosign everything Cz said. He seems to have no supporters in this room. and's getting ganged up on. You got one, i'm just too lazy toargue like you are.

Originally Posted by LDJ

Take this remark: "White folks don't age well, I thought it was a little troll up there... Once "they" pass a certain age you don't recognize them" and replace "white folks" with "black folks" and imagine Bill O'Reilly saying it... Or maybe when he said "the little white coutry singer", imagine if a white person called Beyonce "the little black R&B singer".....is the picture clearer now?

I do realize because he's a comedian, you have to take these things with a pinch of salt, but it's still fundamentaly racist and they're enough dummies out there (black and white) who will take him 100% seriously...and that's when it gets dangerous.

Or maybe when he said "the little white coutry singer", imagine if a white person called Beyonce "the little black R&Bsinger".....is the picture clearer now?

Difference in him saying it, and white ppl saying it is that they hold the power to actually apply there feelings thru restrains limiting blacks tocertain positions etc... You cant say its the same if i walk down the street and call a white man a saltine(you know what i mean lol) Is the same as a whiteman not calling me a name being all chum buddy buddy in my face, then deny me employment or other opportunities because they feel im nuttin but a dirty lil nword.

All paul is saying that it does go both ways its just, he express his feeling with words. Whereas the white man is applying his feelings thru actions. Its likei rather someone just be real say how they feel vs lying to my face saying one thing, then their actions contradict that.

kix4kix wrote:
wren32 wrote:

wren32 wrote:

wren32 wrote:

indifferent.gif

look dingbat, what I'm trying to say to you is that nobody was talking about the Holocaust in here so what is the point of arguing your point that it was worse than slavery? Regardless of whether or not it was, why even bring such a divisive topic in here?

Dingbat? haven't heard that in a while lol the point is people cant take a joke for what it is and they think that slavery is the end all be all of bad things that have happened in the world and its not. Take what the man said for what it is and laugh cuz it could be alot worse.

listen here, you whimsical vagabond. I have never in my life seen a more unnecessary comparison. first off, Holocaust lasted all but how long? Blacks still in chains today.

6 milliion died by ovens now? Not true brody. Most, if not all, were by starvation, a death which some slaves would have killed for. Why bring up the imagry of ovens though? Do you know what it's like to have your scrotum cut off, then fed to you while you are hung from a noose? Cuz I am sure my duke Abraham was getting that same treatment behind bars? Not likely, and atleast the Jews knew what it was like to be free. Atleast they had freedom, a decision made for by slaves. Born into slavery, do you have any idea how powerful that belief system is? How detrimental that frame of mind, can cause generations? At the end of the day, they were both horrible, but 400 years of slavery >>>>>>. You dingbat.
im pretty sure i said there were multiple scenario's in which Jewish people were killed not just ovens. starvation was the main source of death yes but there were still many many deaths by gas chambers, firing squads and ovens. and as for the scrotum thing i sure dont know what its like but do you know whats its like to be takin from your house and have to walk barefoot for hundreds of miles without any food or water, with very little clothing on (no more then the equivelant of a tall tee on) and then if you were fortunate enough to survive that then you got the please of being shoved in a gas chamber being shot to death or dying how some nazi saw fit. By some of your comments i am going to assume you didn't pay attention in U.S. History. I know for a fact that over the course of slavery there was probably less then a million slaves killed for no reason. There was 6 million Jewish people killed for absolutely nothing in less then 10 years. I would rather work in the hot sun pick some other mans crop for the rest of my life then be killed cuz of my religious belief, it may not be how they wanted to live but its living none the less.

No, U didn't pay attention in U.S. History
Less than one million ?
"Probably" and "I know" don't belong in the same sentence, It's either you do or you don't
Go somewhere

Originally Posted by LDJ

exactly

people in here talking about, "oh, he's just joking" but giving him props for "speaking the truth"
laugh.gif

any way you put it, it's ignorant

and what's wrong with oprah?
laugh.gif

wow, im not even gonna comment on this.

YDBoUnCe wrote:
wren32 wrote:
kix4kix wrote:
wren32 wrote:

wren32 wrote:

wren32 wrote:

indifferent.gif

im pretty sure i said there were multiple scenario's in which Jewish people were killed not just ovens. starvation was the main source of death yes but there were still many many deaths by gas chambers, firing squads and ovens. and as for the scrotum thing i sure dont know what its like but do you know whats its like to be takin from your house and have to walk barefoot for hundreds of miles without any food or water, with very little clothing on (no more then the equivelant of a tall tee on) and then if you were fortunate enough to survive that then you got the please of being shoved in a gas chamber being shot to death or dying how some nazi saw fit. By some of your comments i am going to assume you didn't pay attention in U.S. History. I know for a fact that over the course of slavery there was probably less then a million slaves killed for no reason. There was 6 million Jewish people killed for absolutely nothing in less then 10 years. I would rather work in the hot sun pick some other mans crop for the rest of my life then be killed cuz of my religious belief, it may not be how they wanted to live but its living none the less.

No, U didn't pay attention in U.S. History
Less than one million ?
"Probably" and "I know" don't belong in the same sentence, It's either you do or you don't
Go somewhere
Reminds me when he said why ppl so happy proud to be an america, its sad that we so happy that we aint got it as bad as someone else. Like damn iknow i got stabbed 10 times(blacks in america) but at least i aint get shot execution style(3rd world countries). And the funny thing is we are like yes we gotit so great. You know you in a bad state when you feel good that you arent as bad off as someone else.

Only black americans think damn i sure wish i could eat inside like these white ppl, but hey at least they leave scraps, a doggy bag for me, Hell it could beworse i could be like others and not get anything at all(3rd world countries)

To the man who said aint no limitations lol i lol at that. Oprah and Bill Cosby two prominant african americans(not to diss ah nuttin, but im sure haveWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more clout and pull then you do) Get railroaded thru under the bus scoffed and ridicule at the notion of them being the head of apredominant white tv station. You really think somehow you will overcome those obstacles. N plez be foreal.

Originally Posted by Lbruce89

Originally Posted by LDJ

exactly

people in here talking about, "oh, he's just joking" but giving him props for "speaking the truth"
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

ya'll sound like the house n_s he talks about

Originally Posted by YDBoUnCe

Originally Posted by Lbruce89

Originally Posted by LDJ

exactly

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

ya'll sound like the house n_s he talks about
how?

Man honestly we all know that america wasn't the only place with slaves in it slaves went to all corners of the globe so lets not act like the jews got itcompletely bad because black people could be killed for no reason to this day . James Byrd ring any bells

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

This thread is ridiculous in all the usual ways. Why compare slavery to the holocaust? I hate when people start with the "who had it worst" argument. It's just so ignorant. We also have people in here arguing against us (blacks) being able to free ourselves from mental slavery saying, "it's out of our hands". If Martin Luther King Jr. had that mindset we'd still have it just as bad as we had it back then.
Originally Posted by LDJ

Its funny how ppl depicted view paul. Why is it that only non minorities say he is racist(with the exception of those house ___) I can speak from personally talking to the man in person and several occasions, HE ISNT A RACIST.
You are unbelievable. "With the exception of house ____?" That's such an ignorant thing to say, but it doesn't even surprise me anymore. I don't even want to hear the fact that Paul Mooney isn't a racist because if it were Rush Limbaugh, Don Imus, Bill O'reilly, etc their statements would most certainly be deemed racist and offensive. Saying things like, "I'm glad Kanye did that to the little white girl". "She thought he was going to rape her". "White people can't age properly". If all these things were said about black people there would be an uproar and there is an obvious double standard going around that I don't care for. I'm not saying that my personal opinion about Paul Mooney is that he's racist. I believe that he speaks some truth, but he chooses to convey his messages in a poor manner that offends people without a doubt. My point is don't try to brush off the notion that he can seem racist to some.

Diff is rush don etc arent comedians. And it would be deemed racist if they said that. The same would be said if tavis smiley made racial comments epitatesagainst whites. You cant compare what a comedian says vs what a news corrspondant, or a tv journalist says. Two different realms. It can come across racist tosome who live in the bubble and try 2 ignore these truths and listen to others like don etc who evasively make racist and prejudice statements with actions andplay on words etc.

Also you comparing what a person says to what a person doesnt say then actions follow what they truly mean. A black man saying i cant stand white folks theysmell like wet dogs etc hair looks crazy etc. Is not the same as a white man not mentioning stereotypes about a black man but not hiring him,denying himopportunities because of the stereotypes, aka black tv correspondances dont have facial hair dreads etc.

The white man aint gotta say oh this n looks crazy scary etc because he has a beard a goatee dreads braids. He says it with his actions, sorry you dont havethe look etc the direction we going in, then hire a white counterpart with equal, moreso then often less qualified.

Key example of this is how ahmad rashaad who did nba inside stuff for yrs, once he grew out and afro and full beard etc... oh we decided to change the facelandscape of the show network etc.. Then hires a white guy who really has lil to no knowledge of nba. Then he shaves his mustache goatee and get the lilmini-fro. Now all of a sudden they say oh we tried going into a different direction it didnt work out for us we want you back.

They didnt have to say look you uncle ben, furry face nappy headed n' . You look too ghetto hood ignorant for our show. It was implied when they canned his@$$. And once he got all clean cut back to his og status. He was deemed qualified to do nba inside stuff again.

So what are you saying oh they just happen to let him go cause he wasnt qualified(although doing the show for 8yrs) Hire a white man with wild crazy lookinghair(sorta) and beard. Then all of a sudden he just happen to look clean cut(aka less harmfull) He magically happened to be qualified again.

But im sure most of you will rationlize and say oh this wasnt motivated by race. Just a coincidence.

CAN EVERYBODY PLEASE IGNORE THAT HOLOCAUST DUDE. THIS IS NOT WHAT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT. LET HIM GO START A THREAD ON THAT BS.THAT'S HOW %@$% IS THO, PPL SEE A CONTROVERSIAL TOPIC AND THEY WANT TO THROW A GRENADE IN THE MIX TO PERPETUATE IGNORANCE.
Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Is Paul, gay?
Originally Posted by sn00pee

is paul mooney gay?
I aint one to speculate or gossip about a man's sexuality but I have seen one of his girlfriends once. Fine white woman but
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I understand how some ppl feel he gives off that the vibe withhow he talks. I aint sure if he's married but I know he does have 2 sons(not that means he can't be gay but just saying) cuz they're comedians aswell.

Originally Posted by Across 110th st

im not really one to applaud racism
This.
Again explain on this view of racism that seems to have a new definition. Just cuz somebody talks a certain way about race does not meanthey're racist. You should ask yourself why you jumped to calling dude a racist or why you think what he said was racist.

Back
Top Bottom